Thursday, June 20, 2013

A horrible week......pain is never fun!!

...not only has our weather been yukky, (until today), but my Fibro and muscle pain has been absolutely the worst pain I've been through in ages?  I am not sure why, as I don't' recall doing anything, but my low back and even my legs are aching....but, as always...I try really hard to fight this and NEVER let it totally WIN....!!  

Fibro Fighter

   On top of that I'm still stressed about about the seizure my dog, Scout, had on Saturday night and I wonder if me lifting him, has been doing me in.  Ideally with my back, I should not be lifting much over 5-10 lbs..., which is nothing and he definitely weighs more than that, but I LOVE him so and don't want him hurt! I also found out he has a bad/loose rear tooth which ideally should be removed, but that would require putting him under Anesthesia and I'm not ready....and luckily I have time...if I do it, I'll likely has his lipoma (fatty tumor) removed too, which is something that was never needed, but if he does need to have any anesthesia, it would be the time to have this done too!  Of course, he's almost ten and we don't have any Pet insurance, nor can he even be insured now, so this is something we need to pay ourselves and also taking about $750+, and while I love him, this is a significant amount for a single income family!!  UGH!!  Why is life so hard sometimes??

   I've also bummed that I have missed out on so many of my Favorite Challenges, but HOPE I might be able to try some cards today!   My computer is acting up and wouldn't even start for awhile yesterday..just one thing after another...and it all's sucky, as I don't' exactly have money to order a new computer and these days, have NO clue what I would even buy?   When it Rains...It Pours!!   The only upside this week is that I hope to attend a fun "Dylusions" class I signed up for ages ago.  It's Saturday at my LSS and I hope my back allows me to be there...I haven't been out much, since I adopted the Puppy and need a break!!   Wish me luck...
   In the meantime, I'm resting as much as I can....with two dogs!   I do HOPE be back soon...missing my creative outlet and keeping in touch with all my craft friends - Big Time!!




4 comments:

Paula S. said...

So sorry it's been such a miserable week for you Lisa. I hope that maybe you're going to have the same nice weather as they are calling for in Conn. over the next few days and that you start to feel better soon. Hang in there!

Paula

Michelle Lupton said...

Hoping this flare of pain is short lived. *Hugs*

rcwidow (Linda) said...

So sorry. Hope you are better soon.

ThePurplePlace said...

Thank you ALL very kindly for you sweet words --- when the Fibro starts to try and take over and makes me feel this bad, it's very discouraging...BUT --- I try so hard to NEVER let it win! Always looking for the next day and hoping it's better!

Hugs,
Lisa

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".