Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hello Yellow...!!

....I just have a quick little post today and two new cards to share!!   I was working on a card for the current challenge at FUSION, but as usual -- I was too late and the voting email arrived, just as I was about to begin.  I am however, looking forward to seeing what the new challenge will be and HOPE I do not miss out.

    But, even though I missed out, I really found the idea of using Hexagons was something that would be perfect for Hubby's Father's Day card, so that's what inspired me to come up with this card.  It's also a very CAS card and I loved using my brand new "Stampin' Up" Hexagon punch, which made this a breeze to create.


   My next card is the one that inspired the title of this blog post and it's also the very first words that came mind when I saw this week's new challenge over at CASology.   Here is the cue, in case you have not already seen it.


My Card

   As soon as I saw the challenge I knew right away that I wanted to use this wonderful new "Wild Sunflower" die by Memory Box.  I feel in love with this die the first time I saw it and knew I had to add it to my collection.   I also am a huge fan of Sunflowers and have tred to grow them many times, without much success.  The bird and and little chipmunks tend to eat the seeds, as fast as I plant them!!  But, growing up my Dad had a big patch in our backyard and I've always thought they were amazing, becaue of how big they grown in one short Summer Season.  

   To create this card, I started with a bright yellow piece of texture cardstock and cut to an A2 card size  I then folded it and used some washi tape to stick the die to the front the card and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  I then adhered a piece of black cardstock to the inside of the card for a new background.  I lightly inked the center of the flower with some Butterbar Shadow ink from Hero Arts.  I then used Foam tape to add it back on to the front of the card.  To finish it off, I simply cut two thin strips of black cardstock and I was done.

  I also used the same die to create another very simple little Thank you card.  I started by cutting out a large window from a Hero Hues Pool Card.  I then took a piece of white cardstock and embossed it with my Chevron embossing folder, to add texture. I adhered that to the inside and then simply added on my matching "Pool" sunflower.  I then added on a simply white heart, that was punched with a Stampin' Up punch and this cute little die cut "Thanks" Sentiment which is a new die from Paper Smooches!!


       Oh, and I had some fun happy mail today and received my  Surprise Mystery Boxes, that I had ordered from Hero Arts, last week.  You can actually still order one from their website HERE!  You have your choice of Stamps for $50 or an Accessory box for $25, which includes Free Shipping to the USA and Canada.    I ordered an Accessory Box and it arrived today!  I'm sure they are likely ALL different, but here are some pics of my goodies and I was very pleased!   The first pictures shows how neat and nicely the goodies arrive in a large ziplock type bag.   The second photo shows it a bit more opened up so that you can see more of what was included!!





    Pretty cool!!    And speaking of Hero Arts, please remember that I am hosting the next 90-Minute Scramble, which will be held this coming Saturday, June 15th at 2PM Eastern Time over at Hero Flickr Group!   It's really a fun challenge and you can win a really cool prize from me!!   I have my theme all planned and made my inspiration cards today, but can't share them until the Scramble starts!
   
            Hero Arts Logo

  The rest of my day has been spent playing with the dogs and continuing to work on training Skye, who has been doing a bit better this week.  I think now that she lost that last baby tooth, she's more herself and not being quite as much of a little devil.   We have one more "Puppy" class this coming Sunday, when she'll graduate from Puppy I!  Yippee!!


Nap time.....!  So quiet and peaceful!
I love seeing the two of them snuggled together...

9 comments:

Paula S. said...

Love that hexagon design Lisa! I think the Fusion Challenge is so unique and have played a few times but I need to figure out a better method of keeping track of challenge start and end days because I've mixed myself up more than once! LOL

Thanks too for sharing your Hero Arts goodies. It looks like a very nice selection for $25!

Carol L said...

I'm with Paula - I LOVE the father's day card with the hexes! Very striking and I love the colors! I'm glad Skye lost that baby tooth too! Scout & Skye look so cute snuggled up together :)

Cecilia Hsieh said...

No purple cards Lisa! Love the hexagon card! Thanks for sharing your $25 HA goodies, my $50 parcel is on its way, can't wait to see what's in it! Sorry I won't be able to join in the scramble this weekend, too early for me :( Have fun!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards Lisa. and your babies look so neat sleeping together.

Anonymous said...

These are some great cards your shown us here today. I used my hexagon punch for my Hubby's card also. I guess we're on the same page,Lisa. Love that sunflower die piece and you colored it so nicely. I have to say your last picture in this post is the best. Aren't they just precious together. That is how my two babies sleep all the time. Their bodies are always touching each other. I love to watch them. Enjoy your day.

Ardyth said...

Another set of wonderful cards! Lovey your sunny sunflower and how you've used the die! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome cards, Lisa! Great masculine card for your hubby and I LOVE your sunflower cards! The textured cardstock really makes it pop and your black accents are perfect! Love your pretty thanks card, too!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Lisa, that sunflower die is amazing, and it is stunning in black and yellow! So glad you joined in the fun at CASology!

Meghan said...

Your dogs are adorable! Your beautiful sunflower steals the show! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".