Last week, Little Paws Dachshund Rescue, who I also support and love, was approved to start adopting out dogs in Massachusetts and I was very excited at the thought of being one of their first Foster Moms here in our State. My application had been approved and I knew I might even have a Foster coming as soon as October...!! Yippee! I had thought this would be perfect for me...and I had intended to Foster older dogs to make it easier on me....well that ALL changed last Thursday, when I received an updated Newsletter from FDR and noticed that Zeva, had her named change to Aziva, but right away I knew it was still that same little girl and quickly realized that I had to adopt her. There was NO way I could start to Foster knowing this sweet girl (Skye's sister) was the only pup form the litter that had never found her home. It had pulled on my heartstrings for months and something told me it was time to look into this more. I started by emailing FDR and said I wanted to adopt her...I even filled out a new application and then wrote to her Foster Mom to introduce myself and find out more about her. I was thrilled to find out that Arleen offered to bring her up to my home the very next day for a meet and greet and we all decided that if she got along well with Scout and Skye then I would adopt her too!
Introducing little Zeva (formerly Ziva), who joined our family that very day - Friday, September 20th, with incidentally was the 9 month birthday of she and Skye...how perfect is that. There is not doubt in my mind that something magical played a part in this and this was meant to be...and I could not be happier!!
Zeva....!!
Morning on Day Two!!
Precious Zeva
Getting ready for our first walk
Friday Afternoon
The Sisters....
Skye (larger in back) and
Zeva our wonderful new Chiweenie!
As you can guess the meeting went fabulous...the girls were off playing in a matter of minutes and Scoutie, basically checked out her and was watched as she and Skye jumped and ran and played!! I am so thrilled for the care that Arleen (her Foster Mom) has provided for her, all this time. Zeva has been with Arleen, since April and I'm so grateful that she felt confident I was the right person to adopt her. I'm sure this was hard, and Arleen was a bit teary when she and Mike left, but she was so happy that the sisters were re-united and already doing so well!! She's an amazing lady and has a special love for dogs....even greater than I. She is still fostering two others, for FDR and has already brought another Doxie to her new home too. She also has her own dogs and was up to seven at one point, including the Fosters. I greatly admire her strength and courage to let them go, and I'm not sure I could do that. That also played a part in my decision to adopt her. I had a feeling that once I had a Foster Dog in my home, I would NEVER be able to let go, and would be a Foster Failure. And deep in my heart, feeling that way, I knew I had to take Zeva and I'm so happy and thrilled that it's all going well! The girls LOVE to play and are very very good together. Zeva is also fully trained and is not any problem in that area. Yippee!! She may be little and was the runt of the litter, but she can hold her own easily and is used to being with other dogs. Scout, I think is thrilled to has time to nap more and not having Skye urging him to play, when he'd rather rest. He also has special alone time with me and we talk him on his own private walks now, which is loves. The girls are much faster and do well together and Scout is very pleased to not walk as HIS pace and have more time to investigate!!
Today is our third day and everything is going smoothly. Zeva, like Skye is a bit more timid around the guys, but is warming up....she has not been raised with men in her home, but she did love, Arleen's BF Mike. She LOVES to eat and is almost as fast as Scout. Skye is slower and they both would eat her food too, if I was not right here to watch! She's also up a bit early for me and likes to be up a bit later at night, but we will all adjust. She also is quite adorable, yet looks more like a Doxie than Skye. Her ears stay down and are more like Scout's but are also super cute. She's also a bit darker than Skye and does not have the little white stripe on her head, but otherwise, they look very much alike!! They both seem very happy with each other and do play well, but also battle for toys and she is strong....and a lot of fun! Like Skye she came right to me from day one and seems very happy...very lovable and I hope she'll LOVE it her, a much as Skye and Scout, because I already LOVE her and want them all to be well-loved and very happy for a long long time!!
Stay tuned for more pics and hoping to get ALL three of them together in one photo, which so far has not worked out! They are all so fast and keep on moving!! :)



4 comments:
They're BOTH just adorable!!! Kudos to you for this.
Lynn
Ziva is a diva and oh so cute! Best wishes with all 3 of your sweet doggies! We had 3 at one time too, and those were the best days of our lives :) Hugs to all :)
They are adorable! What fun to have the sisters reunited.
Congrats on your new addition to the family Lisa! We love out little Yorkie. I've often wondered if we should add another fur baby to the family.
Post a Comment