Sunday, September 1, 2013

Stamptacular September....

....Now that my puppy Skye is growing into a nice little girl, I am very excited to start spending a lot more time in my Craft Room and also can't wait to get back to "Card Camp" at my LSS as well as a new online class that I'm taking, which starts tomorrow.

     This will be another awesome "Silhouette Class" taught by Kerri Bradford over on her blog HERE!! It's called Design Secrets and is one of the many classes she has offered, but is the newest and this will also be the first time I start the day it goes Live!!  WooHoo!!  I have had the pleasure of taking three of Kerri's other Silhouette classes and have learned so much from her.  She is one very talented designer and also is a Whiz on that machine, which is such a benefit for me.  I also love that I can go back and review any of my previous classes and have been dong that a bit lately to refresh myself.  This is an Intermediate class and she has suggested that you take at least one of her beginner classes before you start this one, which I think will be fabulous.

   I also headed out to my LSS on Saturday for the big "Bag Lady" Sale which is a special sale that happens anytime there are five Saturdays in a month.   They offer a special large tote/shopping bag that you buy in advance or the day of the sale, and then everything you can fit in your bag on that day is 20% off, which is awesome.  I picked up a nice new selection of Memory Box Dies, a couple new Hero Arts Stamps, some new Wink of Stella Glitter Markers and even hit the amazing back room sale, where I found even more Fantastic deals.  Imagine paying on 50 cents for Hero Arts Cling Background Stamps, or a set of 10 cards and envelopes..!  Like I said....amazing sale!!!    But, after my huge purge and donation to Little Paws Dachshund for their huge Yard Sale, I'm also being far more careful in my craft purchases and only buying product I know I absolutely LOVE and will use and that's exactly what I did.   I also took advantage of the wonderful Credit that Brian and Meghan (my son and daughter in law), added to my store account for a birthday gift.  They were very generous and I had enough to sign up for 3 months of Card Club, and still had extra shopping money!   Love you too and I'm very thankful for your gift!  I'm so lucky to have such caring kids.

   Today, I had another fabulous little Spree at Simon Says Stamp where there released a wonderful new selecting of their Exclusive Dies and Stamps as part of a huge event "STAMPtember" which they are hosting all month.  I've now learned that on top of loving Hero Products one of my next favorite lines are their Exclusive Stamps and Dies and I know that Kristina Werner creates many and they are fantastic.   I'm also very hopeful that Shari Carroll will be adding more of her designs now that she has joined the SSS team!!  If you would like to see all the new goodies just released today, you can go HERE to the blog and even download this amazing PDF, which shows all the new goodies!

    Needless to say, I enjoyed spending almost all the rest of my Birthday money, between this and another little spree last week for more Hero goodies at A2Z Scrapbooking, which is my favorite Etsy Store and also my first go to place for ANY Hero Product, because they always share a promo code which saves money!  Thank you Elizabeth for you wonderful service and excellent products!  I totally appreciate that you ship super fast and always have a code to help save money!!   If you are looking to add some new Hero Goodies to your stash, I can highly recommend this store and suggest you shop soon, while all the new products are in stock.  You can currently save 13% off using the Promo Code- Christmas13.

    I am finally back at my craft desk again and have a few new cards to share today.  The first was created for the currently challenge at at Cas(E) This Sketch and I'm very happy to be back to some of my challenges and hope I can continue.   This is a copy of the "Sketch" for the currently challenge, which you can find HERE.

And this is my take on the Sketch!!


   A very CAS style card that was created using two brand new Banner Dies that I just bought from PTI.  I love that you receive two in the set and also love that I finally found a banner die that I love.  I thought it would be perfect for this sketch and hope you will too!   The "Sentiment" and little stars are actually from a cute little Stamp Set by Lawn Fawn!!

    My next Challenge card was inspired by this week's card over at the Muse Cardmaking Club, where you'll find this card, which was created by the current MUSE - Lori Tecler!

Lori's Inspiration Card

My Card

   This was another very CAS style card and was fun and easy to make.  I simply started with a Hero Arts Pool Pre-Folder Card and then cut some patterned paper from Amuse into the shape I wanted for the card.  I then used a set of Butterfly dies and cut them on the white side of the left over patterned paper.  I used the patterned side for the overlay on the large one and colored the little one to match with my Copics.  I used the same Sentiment as Lori and punched it out with a SU Punch, that I love.  I created the side border with two pieces of ribbon (white and teal) that I adhered together with score tape.  I then added clear bling and was done!!

    I have two more cute little dog cards to share, these like all the other "Dog Themed" cards will be donated to Little Paws Dachshund Rescue!  I'm so excited to be helping out this wonderful group and in time, I'm planning to become a new Foster Mom for the group!   Isn't that excited, I sure think so!  




   I had fun paper-piecing this cute little one and if you look carefully you might noticed that this little Dachshund Digital image is the exact same one that I have as part of my Watermark.  I am very grateful that the artist who drew him, allowed me to have him become part of my Watermark.  He's also going to be featured on a new "card stamp" I am having created that I used on the back of my cards.  If you would like to buy him for your digi collection, you'll find him in this wonderful little ETSY Store - PaperAdditions!

  And that's it for now....I'm actually wiped out and ready to call it a day, but it sure has been a nice one and I can't wait to start my new class tomorrow!!   Back to school for me too!!


8 comments:

Lori said...

Great cards! Love the fancy ribbon you used on your Muse card--so pretty!

Karen Mead said...

All your cards are gorgeous Lisa and I love your muse card in the teal colour - looks fab! Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

I love your take on the Muse, Lisa. Such a pretty color to blend everything together!

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome cards, Lisa! Your doggie cards are too cute, and I love your take on the Sketch and Muse, too!

Sherry Butcher said...

Love the muse card with the ribbon and the cute doggie card, love then all.

Greta said...

Wonderful cards, Lisa! Your Muse entry is stunning!

Ardyth said...

Love the colours you've chosen for your Muse entry (sorry I didn't get here before it closed!) thanks so much for playing along again! Glad to hear that Skye's doing well!

Pryn said...

These are ALL gorgeous, Lis! That sale sounds like it was awesome! Makes me miss my LSS :( I have been thinking of getting some of those Wink markers...let me know what you think of them...I always trust your product reviews :) I also am going to check out those Silhouette classes you mentioned. I know that I can definitely utilize mine more than I am :)
Love and Miss you, Sweet Friend!!!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".