I'm also thankful that the weather has been really nice all week and although we do have the feeling of Fall, I'm not feeling cold or in pain as much as I tend to be when the really cold winter weather arrives. I'm not looking forward to that and will always HOPE that winters flies by.
Today, was also another fun day for me. I was up early did a bunch of Sunday chores and then went off to Petco to pick up some things for the dogs, of course and also to CVS to pick up my RX along with something we needed around the house. Hubby was home, so it was great to leave the dogs with him and then he went and did his errands later, while I took them for a nice walk.
This afternoon I have been working on cards again...(my relaxation) and fun time and have two new ones to share. The first was one I started yesterday, but had not finished before my post. It's another card inspired by the "Insider" class and this time I made a fun and cute little Christmas Card, which I cut off part of the bottom on the card so the the "Sentiment" shows on the outside as well as inside!!! I also used a cute new set of Penny Black Stamp Set that I picked up my LSS the other day. It's this little Set -- called "Festive Forest" and it's just my style...whimsical and cute!!
As you can tell, I only used on of the stamps for my three trees and stamped two onto some scrap patterned paper and the last one of a scrap of burgundy cardstock. I also added the cute little bling stars and stamped a few matching stars around my Sentiment which is from this Paper Smooches Set. I colored parts of the trees and the stars with a Green Wink of Stella marker to add some extra sparkle! Again, a very simple, yet fun and easy card!
My next card was inspired by a few new challenges and the first is the brand new "Addicted to CAS" Challenge, which arrived in my email this morning. The theme for these all is Fall / Autumn and I knew right away that I wanted to make a card using this adorable "All Seasons" Tree Die, which is from Simon Says Stamp, along with some Handwritten Sentiments that Kristina Werner also designed for SSS. Oh how I LOVE her handwriting and wish I could write like she does, but since I can't I'm thrilled she is now designing more and more stamps and dies!! This card was also created to submit to the "Autumn" themed challenge at CASology, and I'm so happy to get it done and posted, just in the nick of time!! Phew!!
My Autumn Card
And that's it for today! I'm heading out with the dogs for a walk before supper and then will wind down and relax ! Hope everyone had a fun and happy weekend!! I sure did!!
.jpg)

5 comments:
The tree is gorgeous and I like how you put some leaves around the bottom. The sentiment stamp is lovely and finishes it off perfectly. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS.
A cute and clever card. A happy card.
Love both of your cards, Lisa! Placing your sentiment to show on the front with all your pretty paper piecing is fab, and I love how you used your tree die on your 2nd card!
Great cards! I love that tree die and the paper you used it on looks fabulous! I agree about the handwriting thing...mine stinks too! That's a great set of sentiments. I like how you separated the sentiment with the tree. Thanks for playing at ATCAS. :)
Beautiful Autumnal card-fabulous design :)
Best wishes,Nessa xx
Post a Comment