Monday, March 24, 2014

Another day with Penny Black....

...and the more I create with these stamps, the more I am absolutely LOVING them.   And if I did not already have enough fabulous inspiration from yesterday's workshop, imagine my surprise when I found an email in my inbox this morning, which was about about an awesome Video Blog Hop by Penny Black to introduce all the fabulous new stamps that I have already fallen in love with!!   The timing could not have been more perfect and  I was delighted to have time this morning to slowly venture though and watch the amazing videos the designers put together!   Every one is fabulous and I am thrilled that seeing them all has given me even MORE wonderful ideas and techniques on how to use this new line.   You can bet that after seeing even more ideas, that I will be now be picking up some of the stencils that match the stamps I bought yesterday!  Yippee!!

  My first two cards featured this wonderful "Lily" image, which is a woodblock stamp they named - "First Dance", which I absolutely LOVE!  If you remember from yesterday's post, one of the cards I loved most from the class, featured this stamp, so I knew it's what I wanted to start with today, only I wanted to use a totally different color scheme and I did just that in creating these first two cards.


   For the Happy Birthday card, I started by picking out colors I wanted to use for my card and decided to go with a "Peach, White and Green" combination.  I do not own a lot of Memento Markers, but I do have a pretty good selection of water based markers, if I put them all together.  I have some from Stampin' Up, Tombow, Marvy and Memento and it's the perfect amount for me, as my main coloring markers are my Copics.  Today, I also stamped directly onto some "Ranger Watercolor Cardstock", which is a nice weight cardstock, designed to use with Distress products and water!    Once, I had my stamp colored with my markers, I simply misted it very lightly and then stamped it onto my watercolor cardstock and set it aside to dry, while I created my card.  I pulled out some Peach cardstock and some green patterned paper from Stampin' UP and cut up the sizes I wanted for my background, which I also then embossed in my Cuttlebug.  I also cut pieces to use as mats for my Lily and once it was dry, I added the Sentiment and put my completed my card!!

   And next is another "Lily" card, where I changed the colors slightly and brought in a little more pink and also misted the stamp a bit more to soften my colors more.   I also used one of my new "Prima Tags" as part of my background on this card, and simply cut it down to fit onto my A2 size card.  The sentiment is from the same set and my little bow was created with some polka dotted ribbon from Stampin Up!  As you can see it's the same exact stamp, but this card has a totally different look and the colors are also a bit more subtle, and really pop against the 'black" mat!!



   I also finished up one more card and this time, I changed stamps and used this gorgeous new "Tulip" one - called "Promise Me", that I had actually  bought a couple of weeks ago, knowing it was one we would be using in the Workshop!   I'm so happy I did, because they were all gone yesterday and I would have had to wait for the next order!!   

   This card was done in my favorite color, which I'm sure you know is Purple and I colored each of the Tulips in three different shades and did the leaves in two colors.  I then again, lightly misted my stamp and stamped it onto more Ranger watercolor Cardstock.   This turned out to be my favorite of the day, not so much for the design, but I am LOVING how the colors blended so well together!!    


  The background paper on this card, is also from a large set of patterned papers from Stampin' Up.  I love this set and the fact that it comes in double-sides paper, making it a bonus to have the two different designs to choose.   I used my MFT Circle Stax die to cut out my image and then cut a matching frame from some Deep Purple Mica Metallic Cardstock!  Once the tulips were dry, I again used the same wonderful set of Sentiment stamps and chose this "Special Day" for this card.  I loved the unique font and didn't to over power my tulips with a larger verse, this was perfect!!

   Now, I can hardly wait to be back at "Absolutely Everything" (my LSS), again tomorrow for the monthly card club.  I know we will be using more products from the Penny Black new release, plus I now know I "Need" to pick up a few more Penny Black goodies while I am there!!   I am beyond thrilled with this line and if things continue to go this way --- it could possibly become my favorite, imagine that!

3 comments:

Cat Craig said...

They are some beautiful stamps and make for lovely cards.

Jill said...

I love seeing your Penny Black cards and awesome posts! So glad you posted this in the Penny Circle Flickr gallery!! Thanks and hugs!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, those are gorgeous flowers! Love your work with the Penny Black stamps. And my friend, I nominate you as one of my 11 Liebster Award winners! Check out my blog post here http://wp.me/p1wKGj-1gu

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".