Today also starts of the second week of the wonderful CAS3 (One Layer Card Class) and today's new inspiration was perfect for me at it focused on ways that you can "color" your very one-layer cards and 'coloring' is my favorite form of relaxing! I feel in love with Copic Markers pretty much when they first started becoming very popular and I'm now very happy to own a wonderful collection and pretty much every color. It took me over three years to build up that amount, but it's a investment and one that I'm very happy I made. I still do need several refills and it will take time to buy all of those, but I happily have most of the ones that I use often and that's a great start.
I have been a bit behind in class, yes again!! No matter how hard I try to keep my schedule totally free, something always seems to come up and that's simply LIFE!! Even so, I have been keeping up with the videos and do have a few new cards to share. I'm working on more today and will continue to update, when I can!!
This is one of my latest cards and it was created with a simple Hello die cut, which is one of the many from the SSS Exclusive Line. It was also the first step in creating this card. One I cut my Hello, I took out my favorite shades of Violet and colored it with my Copics and put it aside, after also coating it with a Clear Wink of Stella Marker. I then masked off the section where the "Hello" was cut from and using a combination of Distress Inks, and Spray Mists from Ranger and Hero Arts, I created the background shown. As for the "spots" I simply removed the sprayers from the bottle and tapped on the end to created the random dots and then to complete the card and fill in the background, I used my Shaded Lilac Distress Ink with a Blender tool and blended in the colors. NOT: I did heat set the "spatters" first so they would not smudge.
Today's card was inspired by a card that Kristina shared and somewhat by some of the newer stamps and Die sets that are meant to be stamped/cut together to create a sentiment or phrase from a variety of sets or combinations. For my card I used the large "Love" die which is also from SSS and I first cut then and used a combo of 4 different Copic RV color the letters in kind of an ombre look. I then colored over that with a Wink of Stella Clear Marker. Next, I chose a new stamp set from Reverse Confetti and stamped on the works "live your lie in" and then added my LOVE die to complete my little phrase -- Live your Life in Love!! I completed my card by taking a little wooden heart, which I colored black with another Wink of Stella Marker, added that on and then rounded three corners with my Corner Chomper!
I did start a third card, which is my fail card and it's not one I'm sharing in class, as I just did not like the end result. I think it would have worked better on a white background and I think the pink is too much! But, as always I'll share it here, so you can see my best and worst of the day!! I was going with the same basic theme and this time used the same set from RC, but chose different words that I wanted to go with the "You" die cut, which actually comes with the "Love" one, both in the same package from SSS.
The "you" die cut is NOT dry in this photo and has been coated with a layer of 3D Crystal Lacquer, to give it extra dimension and shine. Once it is dry, I'll remove it from this card, which will be going into my paper recycling bin. I am not heading back to the classroom for some more inspiration! Wishing you all a wonderful week and hoping the snow is over for this Winter Season!! (Crossing my fingers)!!
2 comments:
You are doing wonderful with this class. I really like all of your cards. They are all so cheerful and sweet. Enjoy your week.
Lovely cards. I always seem to wait for the second day before deciding on a card or cards. I really like your first one.
Post a Comment