Thursday, March 13, 2014

Feeling Good is a Good thing....

...and today I am very thankful and grateful to be feeling SO much better than yesterday.  Don't know what was going on with this body of mine yesterday, but I felt miserable and hurt all over.  Most likely a little Fibro flare, but on top of not sleeping the night before, I feel miserable and it could have easily been a day where I showered put on new jammies and went right back to bed....!!

    But, when you have two puppies and Scoutie, my big senior guy, there is no such thing as sleeping all day!  Having dogs, is much like raising children again, especially when they two are puppies and LOVE lots of attention.  Even Scoutie, likes attention, but he is older and loves to sleep, so sleeping late is a LOT easier with him.  The girls (Skye and Zeva) love to wake me up every day and then pretty much want to go downstairs, run outside and then eat!!!    They seem to have quickly adjusted to the time change and are back to being up bright and early, unlike me, who is a sleeper!

    Today, I was up pretty early, but that's because I went to bed, pretty much right after dinner last night and just could not keep my eyes open.  Plus, by then Hubby was home and it was his turn to take over with the dogs!!   I went to sleep in pouring rain, and had no clue it was going to change to snow by morning!  Yuk! My goodness the snow Gods are out to get me this year...it just will NOT stop and we are all so sick of snow and cold....Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!   Luckily, it was light and has now ended, but it's still more snow and that means it will take longer for the ground to ever be totally bare?    We have had a few "Spring Fever" kind of days and I would LOVE even more, unfortunately I do see any coming soon and the dreadful forecast for Saturday morning is only 9 degrees....Yikes!!

   Even so, all that I can seem to think about is warm sunshine, pretty flowers, green grass and all those wonderful signs that Spring is actually here.  Most of my cards have a spring feeling including the two I'm sharing today, both of which were inspired by the fabulous One Layer Card Class (CAS3) that I'm currently taking at the Online Card Classroom.



   Not to giveaway any of the class details, I can say that these are based on the newest techniques we focused on for Day 3 and Day 4 and I have more to do in this style, because I really LOVE the look of so many of the designers cards, as well as the amazing cards that are showing up in the class Gallery!!

  This was my first card and and does have a little "layered" heart on it, which kind of makes it a CAS layered card, but that heart is also placed exactly where it is to cover a mistake!!  OOPS!  I inadvertently smeared on a bit of black ink and I needed to cover and this is how embellishments can be used to fix those mixed up.


   I also broke out some of new newest stamps including this really bold Sentiment which is from a new set from Hero Arts called - Happy Today CL729, my background was created using another Hero Background stamp, called Tiny Flags S5881which I just LOVE!!  I used a combination of inks, first for my stamping, which was done in Hero's Tide Pool and then for my ink blending, which was done in Peacock Feathers - Distress ink.   Both of these cards were created using  Neenah's 110# cardstock, which is exactly the type of nice quality cardstock that you really need for one layer cards.  

    Note:  That reminds me that I am in LOVE with the new Mini Ink Blending Tool and new Foam Pads that Ranger premiered at CHA.  I can't wait for them to arrive in stores, so I can add them to my collection.  I think the round pad and size will be so much easier to work with, especially seeing Jennifer use them in Class!!   Here is a photo "by Ranger", if you have yet to see them!   They also will be selling the new foam refills and those will come in packs of 20 -- WooHoo!  These both can be pre-ordered now at my LSS and also from Simon Say Stamp!!

   My second card of the day, was also done in this lovely shades of aqua and teal, and is a bit different than some of the cards in class, but is a One Layer Card.   I was going to cute the oval out and then use it like a mask for another card, but then came up with my own idea of makes this a Window Acetate card, and originally thought I would a sentiment inside that would show through to the front.  But, when I was looking for the right size sentiment, I came across this brand new stamp, "Spring is Here", which I had just purchased from Whipper Snapper Designs and realized it would fit in the open area perfectly, so I went with an image instead.  I stamped it in Black Memento Ink and then to keep the mono-tone feel of my card front, and then colored the image with assorted shades of Blue, Green, and Blue Green Copics.   The front of the card was stamped in Tide Pool Ink and also distress with the same Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, using this background stamp - also from Hero Arts/Basic Grey (CG628 - Fresh Cut Pebbles).


and in a close up view!!


    And that's it for today, but I am heading back to my desk now to try working on another idea that I saw in this morning's class!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the two CAS cards. Lovely colors. Let's hope our snow is all over now. Enjoy the weekend.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".