Thursday, December 17, 2015

You're Pawesome...

   Today has been another day spent creating in my craft-room and I am having so much fun!  I have four new cards to share, and I'll start with the first one, was created as a "Thank You" card for a wonderful Pet Organization, called Pet Rock "Festival", who made a very generous "donation" to the rescue I love.  Paw Affection Dachshund Rescue!   YAY!!

    I created this very CAS card using one of my favorite "Dog Themed" stamp sets, from Simon Says Stamp and it's one that was designed by Kristina Werner, who I adore.  I love her handwriting, and how it's featured in this adorable sentiment!   So cute and there is even a matching die set, which I also own!!

   My next card was created for the brand new "Cas(E) This Sketch" challenge which posted this morning,  At first, I admit I was a bit stumped by this, and was this was the first card that I made thinking I would enter it.  It features one of the wonderful new Kindness Sentiments from Hero's new Kindness Stamp set, which was inspired by Jennifer McGuire.


     I also created a second card, with one of my "Oldie but Goodie" stamps from Penny Black and the more I looked at this card, it reminded more and more of the sketch (the basic layout), so I decided that I would enter this card to the CTS Challenge instead!!   Do you think I made a good choice?  Hope so!!


Inspiration Sketch from CTS 

 

  That brings me to this really fun card, where I broke out a brand new "Layering Heart" die from Hero Arts!  Love it and love how easy it is to use!  I also used another "Kindness" sentiment and added with in Hero's "Raspberry Jam" Shadow ink, my favorite red ink!  This card was created to enter into the newest challenge over at the a2z Scrapbooking Blog, which is all about "Dimension". 
    
     Before I go I want to also tell you about the newest class coming up over at the Online Card Classroom, it's the third in the Watercolor series and this one is card "Watercolors for Cardmakers - Intermediate Techniques.  I've already signed up and am working on some "before class" projects that were shared by Dawn of WPlus 9, who is one of the amazing teachers in this series and also a fantastic watercolor artist.    You can enroll now by, going to this LINK !  Hope to see you in class, the Watercolor series are my all time favorites, so I was thrilled to get my email yesterday!  YAY!


8 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful cards Lisa, the one for the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge is my favorite!

Cindy C. said...

OMG how did I miss the last one with Layer Heart die!? It's stunning!! Thanks for playing with us at a2z!!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards! I love your take on the sketch!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow, these are so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Darnell said...

Lisa, I saw your pretty card over at CTS and had to come and tell you I love it! It was a treat to see your other beautiful makes as well! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Arlene said...

Your cards are just beautiful. The red heart is stunning.

So glad you joined us at a2z Scrapbooking.

Kristina B. said...

Beautiful card Lisa, hope you are well! Glad to see you playing over at a2z!

Dawn T said...

Such beautiful cards Lisa. Thanks for joining us at A2Z. We miss you!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".