Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Sunday!!

After a wonderful class at my LSS yesterday, today I will spend working on my Project 365 page for the week along with the second set of DeNami Cards I bought yesterday. My Fibro body, simply could not make it through the second class, so I purchased the kit to take home and hopefully will work on them today!

The DeNami classes are always one of my favorites and the cards are fantastic. Here is a picture of ALL ten cards I made in the morning (Blitz One) class:



And these are the Stamps that I purchased so that I can make my favorite cards again. You can buy any of these at DeNami Designs, and for those of you who are on Facebook or Twitter you can follow DeNami through the links on the bottom right of their Home Page - Click Here!





Here are a few more pics of my favorite cards from my class. I bought the stamps so that I will be able to recreate these cards and a few others.





I also have some NEWS to share about my groups. I am very HAPPY to say that Kim, the Owner of the QVC Scrappers group on Yahoo, offered me a Moderator role earlier this week, which I happily decided to take. I have such a LOVE for crafts and really have been so happy to have joined this group. Everyone is super nice and I have a lot of fun posting, shopping and taking part in the group challenges and swaps.

But, on the downside, I decided that in order to take on this Moderator role, I would need to give up that role at the Beauty MISfits, so I also stepped down from my role their as the Mod of the Fibromyalgia Beauties. It was a hard decision, but crafts is my first LOVE and makes me happy. I'll will still be a member of the MISfit and plan to stop by often, but I could NOT keep both roles as my online time it already too limited by Fibro. Crafts won for me and I'm thrilled. I'm also hosting my first Card Swap in October and thanks to Peggie and Jamie, we have now created a second Monthly Card Swap - Group II, which we will each take turns hosting. My specials thanks to you both for taking this on with me. Without your help I would not have been able to do this.


Another BIG event (well big for me)...is that I finally CRASHED and ordered my beginning set of Copic Markers from Kim at Cutter's Creek. Once I had my first Magnolia, (Tilda) stamps, I realized that I needed to at the very least buy the colors that would be best to color faces and my initial order was for "face" colors. I also added (6) more yesterday while shopping after class at my LSS, as they had a special going on of Buy 5 - Get One Free, which I could not pass up! I do think that once I really start using these, I may eventually switch to Copics, but I still plan to use LePlumme for now and slowly add more colors (that LePlumme doesn't make) to my Copic Collection. I do admit they are superb markers and the colors and shading advantages are amazing....I only WISH they were NOT quite so expensive!

So...as you can tell, I've had a very fun filled week of crafting and craft shopping. Today, I plan to get out my Copics and start using them while making more cards!

It's a rainy Sunday here and this to me, is the perfect way to spend a rainy Sunday. I hope you all have a great day of relaxing and crafting too!



No comments:

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".