Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Fun!!

  Today, is another relaxing day for me -- no appointments, no errands and no major chores to do!  A day that will be filled with all kinds of fun and craft-related goodness!    My first project of the day was to pack up my craft bag as I'll be heading out bright and early tomorrow morning to Stamp Camp.   Woohoo!   Another Saturday at 'Absolutely Everything', which will be a lot of fun.  It will be a long day for me, but this has been a good week, so I'm very optimistic that I'll make it through the day and feel well!

  I have some new cards to share and the first two were cards I created yesterday, but ran out of time to post.  The first one, was made for fun and was based on the same color combo challenge that I had worked on earlier this week.   I thought it would make a fun little card to use this cute little Robot, which is one the very first digi images I bought.  It's from Pink Cat Studio, and you'll find the store HERE!!


  My next card is another Christmas Card and this one was inspired by Kristina Werner.  If you are looking for ideas and inspiration for your Holiday Cards, check out her blog.  She's hosting her Annual Holiday Cards 2011 and has a new card and video every day.  This card was inspired by the Day 8 Video ,  I loved the card so much that I ordered the Stamp Set from Two Peas, simply so I could try my hand at the card.  I also love the set and the best part is that I had my order in two days and many of the Christmas items are On SALE!!!!!  WOOHOO!


  As you can see I changed things around a bit, to use the papers and embellishments that I had on hand.  I also embossed in White versus Clear, but that actually was a mistake, that turned out well.  I thought I had grabbed my clear embossing powder, but once I started to heat it, I quickly realized it was White.   The stamp set is used is by Ali Edwards and Technique Tuesday and you can find it HERE!!   Love it!!  My papers are from my stash and the button was one I bought from Creating is Fun, a wonderful craft store I found on Etsy!!

  My next card was inspired by today's new Copic Coloring Challenge hosted at The Outlawz.  The theme this week 'Asian' and I colored up this cute little digi and then created a fun card with some gorgeous Asian inspired papers I had been hoarding in my stash!!   The colors are stunning and it's even prettier in person!!

 
  And I'm finishing up this post with one more Christmas Card and this one I finished up today.   I had colored up several digi images one day when I was not feeling so hot.  I find coloring to be a great way to relax and having the images colored, makes it fun and easy to put together some easy cards.   This card was one of those and was put together in minutes.  I simply matted the image, added a bit of Glitter.  Then picked out a red card base.  This one is from a  Hero Arts Set.  I then stamped the Sentiment (Penny Black - Let it Snow), in Versamark and then heat embossed it in silver.  I then punched out some stars from the scraps and added them to finish off the card.

No comments:

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".