Monday, November 2, 2009

New Creations...

  I have spent almost ALL my free time crafting lately and I simply LOVE it more and more each day.  If they ever find a cure for Fibro and I could ever go back to work, I know that I would LOVE to work in a field related to card marking, scrap-booking or paper-crafting.  But, I also know that right now, that is not likely to happen and that as much as I LOVE to create...even that can still wipe me out.


   After crafting almost ALL day Saturday....I was good for nothing yesterday and I am still actually sore today...that's the part of Fibro I hate so much.  Whenever I have FUN doing anything, I have to pay the price for a few days.  But...I am still so thankful that I do have crafts in my life and when I feel good.....being creative is good for me....!  I think without it...I'd be lost and very depressed!  It's a wonderful part of my life and I'm grateful for the days when I can create.

 ...and speaking of creations here a couple of my most recent Project 365 Pages.  I had fun making the Halloween page, which was my page for this week.






   This next layout  was from the week before and all kind of related to a "Great Impressions" card class I took that week with my friend Patty, and the goodies I also bought at my LSS that week.  I also has a picture of a card I made for Two Peas 'Finally Friday' challenge.  I LOVE challenges now and they really help me to learn new techniques and ideas!  


 

And this next card I made for the card challenge on the "Challenge Master" website.  This site is really awesome; it has several challenges in all kinds of different categories.  I may try the "Technique" or "Color" challenge next.

This Card Challenge was to create a Circular Card, with a holiday theme, that included the color blue, 
somewhere on the card.  This is the
card I submitted!  I LOVE
these new Snowflake Brads by Karen Foster,
they are gorgeous!




 


Today....I need to take it easy and heal a bit more!  I've already been to my Craft Group and watched a Craft Show on HSN this morning.  Now I think I'm rest a bit more and catch up on reading the posts in the gorup!

This afternoon, I may work on coloring some more images I have already stamped.  I am in LOVE in my Copics and coloring is a very calming and relaxing!

Hugs to all my wonderful friends!

No comments:

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".