Yesterday, ended up being a really good day for card-making and I hope today will too!
After I posted my Meljen Challenge card I went to work on more cards and the next once was this funky 'Butterfly Tree' card for a challenge over at SSC. This was the weekly Paper Scraps challenge and for me, it really was a challenge to create a Butterfly Tree. I am happy with the fact that I did complete it, but have to admit I am NOT loving this card. But, such is life, some things are better than others, and this is not one of my best cards!
I also worked on some Father's Day cards, which I made using two cute digital 'Jim' images from Digistamp Boutique, which I colored with my Copic Markers. I also took this as another opportunity to practice my coloring and these are the two cards I made.
And, I happily was also able to create this sweet Birthday card, which is for my Sister-In-Law (Pam). She really enjoys the handmade cards so I always make her cards. I hope she enjoys it and has a great birthday!
And one final card I created was this cutie, I Love You card, which I created with one of the adorable Lollipop kids who were created by Lori Boyd. This is Landon and you can find him HERE at the DCRU Store. This card is also being submitted to this weeks's - One for the Boys - Challenge over at A Crafty Little Place.
And now I am off to this month's A Year In Cards Class at Two Peas. It's a wonderful FREE class taught by Kristina Werner and offered on the 15th of every month. I've been taking part in her classes since January of 2009 and really enjoy them.
If you want some FUN new ideas and want to join me in the class, then hop on over to the Education section on the Two Peas in a Bucket Website and look for the 'A Year In Cards', this is the direct LINK to this month's Class!! ENJOY!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".

7 comments:
WOw LISa!! These are ALL marvelous!! You have a great eye for design!! Great colro combos!!
Thanks for sharing with ACLP this week!
Little Crafty Hugs - LORi
Wow! you've been busy with all of these fantastic cards. I think they all look great but your little Landon card...oh, he is adorable! Great to have you back at A Crafty Little Place.
Smiles!
Gwen DTC @ A Crafty Little Place
Thanks Girls! As you can see I am also playing around with my blog and making some changes which is always FUN!
I really enjoy Lori's Designs and they always make it a LOT of fun to create a card!!
Hugs..
Lisa
Wonderful cards Lisa!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us at ACLP!!
Sheri-ACLP DT
Ok, I love all of these cards, but I have several questions!!! How did you find time to do all of them??? LOL How did you do six perfect butterflies? You just amaze me ...I don't come to your blog for one day and return and there are like over 10 cards on here!!!! And they are all cute! xoxxo
What a great lineup today Lisa. :D I love all these cards, your Landon looks quite dapper for our challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at ACLP this week celebrating the guys in our lives!
~*Joni ACLP DT
Terrific cards! Your mojo is flowing : )
ACLP Hugs
Amber
Post a Comment