Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nasty Weather Day!!

   Today, I woke up to a nasty thunderstorm and that was after another one which woke us up at 2 am!  YIKES!  I am not at all a FAN of these storms and we have we had a lot lately!  Way too many for me, so I am hoping that this weather pattern will soon be over.  Our weather has kind of gone downhill lately, and the forecast is not very good for the weekend.  But, on the upside,  last night was perfect for Graduation and everything was awesome.  Alex was full of smiles and I am a very proud MOM!!
     After being out late and not sleeping to well...I decided to simply rest and relax and work on some cards.   It's exactly what I want to do today and it's a perfect day to be inside, up in my craft room being creative!
    This first card I wanted to make today was for the Saturday Sketch Challenge over at SSC.   This is the sketch we had as our inspiration -

   I flipped the sketch for my card and created this cute "Boy" card with "Ethan", one of the adorable Lollipop digital images by Lori Boyd



    I also have been practicing coloring with my Copics and these are some of my latest colored images.  They are all by Heather Ellis - Pure Innocence and will likely be my next cards.  I really enjoy these type of designs and love the simplicity of them.  They make me SMILE!!
    
      Well I am off, to rest and wait for Alex and Hubby to get home and hope it's soon.......believe it or not....they just came on the TV and said we are under a 'Tornado'  Watch until 10 PM.  We never ever have weather that bad and I would freak if there was a tornado here.....Pray there will NOT be anything that bad!!!  YIKES!!  What a scary weather day this has turned out to be!!    Oh My!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should be smiling! Your coloring gets better and better. I like these stamps so simple and meaningful at the same time! I am late doing my rounds on the blogs...hope the weather got a lot nicer...Tornado's YIKES

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".