Monday, October 17, 2011

Peace, Love and Joy....

   Wouldn't the world be a wonderful place if every day was filled with Peace, Love and Joy.  Three powerful words with so much meaning and the perfect sentiment for all of the cards I have to share today.

    All of my cards today were inspired by challenges and they are all Christmas cards.  I started on this theme after seeing the latest sketch over at the Stars & Stamp blog -  Below is a copy of the sketch for this week and the them is Holiday/Christmas Cards!!  NOTE:  If you are one of the OWH Cardmakers - please be sure to send your cards off to your shipper ASAP!  The Holiday boxes are in process and all cards should be sent now.
Sketch 91

My Cards

   

    I based all three of the cards on the sketch, but used a variety of die cuts and papers to make them all a bit different.  All of the papers for these cards were from Basic Grey and Memory Box.   The new die cuts are also from Memory Box and are from the brand new release.  I found them while at my LSS this weekend and had to have the Ornament and the wonderful Flourish....LOVE!!!    All of the Sentiments are from Hero Arts as are all of the card sets.  

    Today, I worked on a few more cards and this one in particular was created for the new Greeting Card Challenge over at The Outlawz.    I also used the leftover scraps from yesterday to make this fun and very CAS style card!  I think it turned out to be one of my favorites! 

  This is the card that also inspired the name of today's post and I really LOVE this Sentiment.   I would also be a great card for OWH.  I am submitting it to each of these new challenges:
   And I also have one more Holiday card from today, which also was created with the same papers and theme in mind -

   And last, but not least I have one more card to share and this one inspired the CAS Challenge being hosted over at The Outlawz.   The challenge was to create a Monochromatic card for ANY Holiday.  I chose Christmas, of course and also wanted to make my card ALL PINK for Breast Cancer Awareness month !!


   I am also submitting this card to these "Pink Themed" Challenges!!  Please join me --
     And that's it for now folks!  I am off now to clean up my room a bit and work on organizing my Copics!!! Have a wonderful day and as always --- Happy Crafting!!

     

16 comments:

Linda said...

Really like the peace card. When I see three section I always forget you can you the same dp more than once. Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

Beautiful cards, Lisa! I love the die cuts combined with that gorgeous paper. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Wow! Wonderful cards and loved the dies you used. Unhyappily they aren't available in my country. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges.

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful cards though the pink one is my favorite for obvious reasons...LOL! Thanks for joining the Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge!!!

Geraldine said...

They are all beautiful cards but the Pink one is special. Thank you for joining us on the BTC&G Birthday blog hop and Good Luck.
Geraldine

Lisa Minckler said...

I really love the dark colors on your cards and the embellishments and decorations are really quite stunning. Nicely done and very inspirational

Thank you SO much for playing along with us at The Squirrel & The Fox for our challenge.
Good luck to you and we hope you come back next week to play along again.
Lisa xx

Kerry said...

Oh la la Lisa!! These are GORGEOUS cards!!! Totally awesome line up! Love the Memory box dies...

Merlyn said...

Hi.. Popping from MIM.. I love all the Christmas cards.. The flower die cut and the background looks very nice..The card with Christmas ornament look beautiful..Its simply superb:) I love the pink card sooooooooooo much..Pink is my most favourite colour.. The die cut is very nice..the embossed paper with the bakers twine and the die cuts go well together...Lovely card..

http://merlyn-fineartgallery.blogspot.com/

Márcia Mattos said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges.
Hugs

Billie A said...

Wow Lisa beautiful cards great colors. I love the ornaments you used.
I saw your card over at Make it monday.

loz said...

Such beautiful cards Lisa.. Popped in from Make-it-Monday for a look..Loz

Denise Sebold Esteves said...

So beautiful cards!!!

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges.

Hugs

Denise

Mary J said...

They are ALL gorgeous! Thx for linking it up to the Make It Monday party!

Mary J xxx

Trish and Treasure said...

Beautiful Christmas Cards!

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Spectacular CAS cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at By The Cute & Girly. Have fun with our 2nd anniversary blog hop and good luck!

Hugzzz
Tammy xx

If you haven’t seen it yet, I have some candy up for grabs at Creations LaDiva :)!

F.T said...

The last one aqua paper is fantastic. and I didn't get what is that hung on every card?

discount card printing
Membership card printing

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".