Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happiness is Creating!!!

  And I am very happy today to be feeling rested and relaxed and also excited to be back sharing some of my new cards.  I also want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Acacia, who is the sweet girlfriend of my son, Alex.  I hope you are having a great day and enjoy your Dinner out Alex and your friends!   I'll also be looking forward to seeing your for my Pedicure on Friday and will talk to you tomorrow!

   My second little shout out is a little Thank you to Brian (my oldest son), and his girlfriend, Meghan, who came by for a nice little visit today.  They brought me a sweet little pot of flowers and the pot is very cool, and in my favorite color -- Purple!!   They also hung out in my craft room and used my supplies to create a card for one of their friends.   They are both so talented and I was so impressed with the card they designed.  I wish I had thought to take a picture before they left.  Brian did most of the lettering and designed the envelope and Meghan did the drawing and coloring with my Copics.   Love you Guys -- Thanks for the flowers and for the surprise visit---a special treat!

  I am also very happy to be feeling better, but I'm trying to be careful and not send myself into a flare.  I have a hard time knowing what is too much some days and since it can vary, it's a hard thing to figure out when to STOP and rest!!  I LOVE creating so much that it's even harder to stop, especially when I have so much I want to do.   I am very happy that the extra rest has helped and that I did not miss too much time from Boot Camp.  I'm also happy to be back in my craft room and have some new cards to share today!   All four cards were my own designs and each one has some technique or element that I have learned from classes.

  Yesterday, was another photo card day in Boot Camp and since I'm not a big fan of that style card, (nor do I have great pictures to send out), I decided to color some digi images to use instead of photo's.   Coloring with my Copics is always very relaxing and even on my worst days, I can almost always colors.   This first card has such a cute image, which is from DigiStamp Boutique.  I'm also going to enter the card into the November Customer Appreciation Challenge which you'll find HERE!!   This card was so easy and this adorable image makes it such a happy and sweet card!!


   The inspiration for this card was creating a circle shaped card, which I then matted and added to a square card base.  The snowflakes where then stamped directly on the card base and I added pearls to the centers. I also used some white stardust Stickles to color the 'snow' around little Hattie, who is one of my favorite new digi characters!!!

   My second card also features another cute and fun digi image and this one is from Bugaboo Stamps and is one from the Rudolph collection!  Super Cute.   This image was also colored with Copics and as I often do, I used lots of non-traditional colors on my card.  


   The next card was inspired by some of the very CAS style cards that have been shared in Boot Camp.  I did not use any idea in particular, but simply created a card without any image and used scraps.  The tops section is a left-over scrap from my favorite winter collection (Winter Joy) that Bo Bunny put out last year.  I sure wish they had brought it back, because I LOVE IT and have hardly any left!!


  And my final card today was also one that I created without any one card or color combo or idea in mind.  This is pretty much how I create most of my cards.  I come up with my theme (Christmas lately), and then either start by picking out papers or colors.  In this case, I knew I wanted to use my Holiday Cheer Hero Arts/Sizzix Die set to cut out some cute little trees.  I cut them all from scraps of Christmas papers -- JillyBean Soup and Echo Park!!   Next, I created layers for some of the trees, simply by cutting some triangles by hand and then ripped a piece of scrap paper to use a the ground area, something I say Jennifer do in one of the cards she created today.   I created my little scene, added glitter to my ground area and also added some pearls and gems as decorations for my little trees.   I competed this card with a sentiment from a brand new Stamp set (Stylish Sentiments) that I bought from PaperTrey Ink.  I have seen this set used many times and totally LOVE IT!!   What a wonderful set and I'm so happy that I ordered it.



  And that's it for today!   I want to also take  minute to say THANK YOU to everyone who has stopped by to leave a well wish or a comment on one of my cards!   I am really touched by all of you and THANK YOU so much for taking to the time to visit.   It's means a lot of me and I'm also very thankful to have such sweet, kind and caring friends!!    

  Have a wonderful night!  I'm hoping to craft again tomorrow and have some new cards to share!  I can't believe that Boot Camp will be over soon, but I sure have LOVED it and really love seeing all the cards that everyone has been sharing in the Gallery and on your blogs!!   Some of my favorite card ideas come from those of you who share them with others -- THANKS!!

5 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Thanks for inspiring me. I have that Hero Arts stamp and die set, so tomorrow I'll be casing you. I hope you don't mind. Great cards and I especially love the turqoise and purple card. They were all great but that was my fav.

Mandy said...

All Cards are so amazing. Love all of these. The first one is my fav Soooooo cute!!! :-)

Erika said...

These are great cards, and the last one is my favorite! I'm going to give that one a try. So...you rest for one day and put out 4 cards the next?? I'd say you're back up and running! Only 3 more days of boot camp...boo hoo.

Amy said...

I am so glad you are having such sunny days Lisa!! And PLEASE do rest, even if you don't think you need to! It will definitely help keep your flares at a minimum! Your boys are so sweet, I hope Noah grows up just as sweet as they are!! Your cards are SO gorgeous! I am in LOVE with the last Christmas card...it's just AWESOME!! Big hugs and loves, MUAH!!

Sandy said...

Wonderful cards, love the little girl and the reindeer, very cute and your CAS card and the embossed one with the trees are great too! You're on a roll don't overdo it!
Sandy

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".