Thursday, November 17, 2011

A not so terrific Thursday....

....I'm chilly today and despite seeing a little sun early this morning, it's pretty much been one of those cold and gray November days.   We've been really lucky to have made it this far with such good weather and I hope we still have more coming.
 
    For some reason, I'm also not feeling very creative today and it SHOWS in the cards that I have to share.  I don't seem to have any Mojo and feel tired too.  I guess I'll simply call it another Yuk kind of day and hope tomorrow is better.

     All three of these cards were inspired by a really cute card that Kristina Werner shared at Holiday Card Boot Camp.   I actually followed her instructions to make each one and they are all Gift Card holders!   I have seen many different styles and tutorials, but I really found this one to be easy to follow and I really the size of the finished card.   I'm sure everyone has their own way to create them, but if you want to see how Kristina creates here, then I highly recommend you join Boot Camp!!

    These are my finished card and each one is designed to hold a standard size gift gift.  The cards are held in a little pop-up section that is in the inside!    I will be making more of these once I come up with some better colors and styles!!



Inside/Side View

   

     These really are very cute and so fun to make!   Each of the designers that created cards to share today, shared some fabulous ideas and inspiration!!   I'm still really enjoying class and can hardly believe it's already almost over!!  

    Hope those of you who are in Boot Camp and having as much fun as I have and I'll also be looking forward to seeing all your cards, so please keep on sharing them in the Gallery and on your blogs.

    I'm off now to relax and can tell already that I'll be very happy to get to bed nice and early tonight.  Tomorrow, I have a few little errands to run in the morning and then I am very much looking forward to a very relaxing Pedicure appointment in the afternoon with Acacia.   Yippee!!
   

8 comments:

Doris T said...

Feel better Lisa - I'm feeling kind of yucky today too. It's easier to craft when the sun is shining :)
Doris

Sandy said...

Fab little gift card holders. I really like the one with the little houses and trees, we had a beautiful sunny day here in Adelaide, sorry yours was the opposite. Hope you are having a better day today.
Sandy

Gwen said...

These are great, Lisa. I hope you feel better and enjoy the pampering!! I am about to get into my studio to try this style of card holder. I got my perfect pearls powder and misters today so am eager to go play!! Plus 6 new embossing folders, I may not come out for hours! :)

Mandy said...

Your cards are beautiful, Lisa! I don't made some card designs from the Holiday Boot Camp today. I'm not feeling very creativ today either. But I made some other cards for my friends and familiy. And I was shopping today for my german friends and family which I visit in dezember... juhuuuuu!
So, feel better soon!! :-)

jimlynn said...

They're great! So festive looking - and useful too. Very pretty.
Lynn

Unknown said...

Lisa these are so pretty! Love all the new techniques you show and you have enough under your belt you could start your own classes!! Hugz!

Anonymous said...

Lisa these card holders are all very cute. It's hard to pick a favorite. I don't think I can. I'm sorry it was a Yukky day for you Thursday. I hope you are feeling better now. Today is one of those days that I wish I could just stay here in my craft room, but I can't. I'm having company for dinner, so I have to cook. Actually I shouldn't complain because cooking is my second favorite hobby. Fell better. Talk to you soon.

Kerry said...

Wow, these cards are awesome!!! I just love the scenery with the houses. So sorry about you not feeling so hot... :( Rest up! Sending hugs!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".