In camp today the main focus was on creating cards with Photos, which is just not my thing. For those who love photo cards, I'm sure they loved the wonderful inspiration that Jennifer, Kristina and the Guest Designers shared. All of their cards are wonderful and if I did like to add pictures to my Christmas Cards, I would be thrilled with the day. For me, with not little ones and not being a great photographer, it's a day that I used to work on two more cards based more on yesterday's day.
These are my two cards, both were done in shades of Teal and Silver and I LOVE to use non-traditional colors on my cards. I also make these my own little take off of the cards we created yesterday. But, as some days go, the second card was a bust, so that will be one I'll work on revising.
My first card is very much as CAS style card and I used one of my favorite Memory Box dies to cut the darling little ornament along with the (Crisp Bow), also from Memory Box. The flourishes were in my die cut stash, so I'm not certain whether I cut them with a die or my Silhouette. This was a very easy card to create and could be done in a variety of colors.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Papertake Weekly Challenge - First Christmas
- Party Time Tuesday - Bling it on - or Sparkly things
- Tip Top Tuesday - Challenge # 59 - Anything Christmas
My next card is my 'bust' for today and even thought it's not a card I'll ever use, I also like to share the good and bad, so that I can learn from them. The idea I had was to do a resist technique and I started by stamping my stamp/sentiment in Versamark and then heat embossed both with a sparkling white powder. This was my mistake, I should have just used Versamark alone, or possible clear powder. Next, I new I wanted to use one of my Brand New Distress Inks from the Seasonal Winter Set, which I love. I chose Evergreen Bow and colored my entire embossed paper with that color and than spritzed it with Perfect Pearl Mists for some extra shimmer. I then heat dried it and that's when I realized this glittery embossing powder was too much. As you'll see it's hard to read the Sentiment, and that's what I don't like. On the upside, I totally LOVE this new color and am so happy I had ordered mine early!
My next two cards are not Christmas cards and instead are cards that I created for a variety of challenges, as noted with each card. For my first card, I started with this sweet image from Lily of the Valley, which I mounted on matching patterned papers and created a matching card to fit. If you ever want to make quick and easy cards and are rushed for them, this pre-colored images are perfect. You can find them HERE at LOTV and them come in sheets of assorted designs. I bought them a long time ago and came across them while I was re-vamping my craft room. They are really adorable and well-priced too! I stamped my Sentiment and then Embossed in with Gold Embossing powder and then cut it out with an SU Punch. I completed the card by adding a gold/white ribbon!! I really love how it turned out and it was so easy with the LOTV images.
My Thank You card is being submitted to each of these new challenges:
- The Outlawz - Greeting Card Challenge - Give Thanks
- City Crafter Challenge Blog - # 82- Thanks * Giving
- Creative Card Crew - Thankful
And last, but not least, I created one more card for today's new Color Combo Challenge at The Outlawz. This is a copy of the color swatch and the twist for this week is to use those colors along with Houndstooth or Gingham in some way.
This card is being submitted to these challenges:
- Catch the Bug Challenges - November Week 1 - Anything Goes
- The Outlawz - Color Combo - Black, White & Raspberry + Twist
- Digital Tuesday - Challenge # 136 - Anything Goes with a Digi
I always love creating with Black and White and adding the bright Raspberry was really fun. My image is a digi from Bugaboo Stamps and my papers are also digi papers from Shery K. Designs. I love all the wonderful sets that she sells and now have a nice collection of digi backgrounds. I'm getting more and more into digital elements and using them to create Hybrid cards. I found that Two Peas has a fantastic selection of digi elements, kits and papers and so much more, including many from Hero Arts!
And now I am off, as my son, (Brian) is coming by for a visit and to show me his brand new MacBook Pro. He is one who always has the latest and greatest in gadget and is a huge Mac fan. He has a Mac PC, a iPad and has also had all the iPhones, not to mention he bought the original iPod, right away it came out. He's very fortunate to have a fabulous job and make the money to buy all these awesome goodies. I'm so happy for him and Meghan and totally love their new apartment too. It really shows when you work hard and they both do, making me very happy to seem them enjoying life! I'm still dreaming of some day owning an iPad....like I keep saying....this girl Loves to dream.




15 comments:
All are marvelous! Love that first one and the way the ornament looks like it's hanging from the top of the card. So pretty.
Lynn
Beautiful Lisa, :) Hugs, Lori m
All your cards are awesome. I love them all but my favorite is the LOTV image and the Hounds tooth, they are exceptional and so beautiful.
Ooh - love that florish that the bauble is hanging from in the first card! Gorgeous!
Lisa, your raspberry, black, and white projects makes me want a slice of cheesecake with an oreo crust, and raspberry topping. . .Mmmm. . .;) Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's Anything Goes challenge with Bugaboo Stamps this week! :D MWAH!
I love that you showed your mistakes too! I make so many and what I plan versus what I actually finish with are almost always different! I love your pretty ornament card.
Lisa, how fun to see your blog and your cards are gorgeous! Have I thanked you for inviting me to HCBC??!!! THANKS! :}
Elegant Christmas card, I love how you used the debossed side of the paper! Thanks for joining us in the Anything Christmas Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.
All cards are great! The first one pops out to me. Love the flourishes!
Hi Lisa! Beautiful cards as always, girl! Love the use of teal and silver on that first card!
Lisa - these cares are really gorgeous - love the teal & blue combo! Of course LOVE LOVE LOVE the Black, White and Pink Hearts! Great patterns on that one! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Anything Goes" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations
Stunning creations!
Thank you so much for joining TTT this week in our Anything Christmas Goes challenge.
Maggie
x
Fabulous Christmas card, and the other two are beautiful too! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us at Papertake Weekly, and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon
Hi Liz, oh my word lady you have been busy with the bling!! All of your cards are simply Fabulous!! Hope you are doing well, miss ya! Thanks for playing along with us at Party Time Tuesday!
Wonderful cards! Love your variety! Best, Jen, GD at Top Tip Tuesday
Post a Comment