Monday, November 7, 2011

Woohoo!! I'm off to Camp!!

   And will be spending the next two weeks having a lot of fun creating my Christmas Cards at Holiday Card Boot Camp!!  If you want to join me, today is the very first day and you still have time to enroll!   Go Here for all the details!   I highly recommend this workshop and know it'll be awesome!!


   I will be stopping by my blog and share some pictures of the cards we create.  Of course, I can't share all the fun, you'll need to be part of the class to have all the details.   I'm so excited and have already peeked at the Day One Videos and I'm thrilled!!

   Afternoon Update:   Just as I had hoped today's first class was absolutely fabulous and I totally loved both of the cards that Kristina and Jennifer had for us today.   I have been working on mine since early this morning and am very happy to be back to share my first two cards.   They are my take on each of their cards, using different colors/papers etc., but the basic design is very similar.    The best part for me is that both designers are huge fans of many of the products I use and love and having been in the classes in the past, I was thrilled to have bought some new supplies from the suggested list, making it even more fun.  As another bonus, I'm so happy that my Silhouette Cameo is working so much better, (I had a defective mat and blade), which I have now replaced.  The red ornament in the first card was a design that Kristina created and shared with us all in class and now that I have my Cameo, I can use it!!  Yippee!!

  This is card one and was inspired by Kristina's Video and includes the awesome Ornament that she designed for the students.  I love it and also love how this turned out.   You can be sure, I'll use again and along with other cuts I have that will work well!


   This second card was based on Jennifer's Video and I also used my Cameo to cut the dark brown branches and the large star.  The Holly branches and the ornament hanger, were cut from Memory Box Dies that I now own in my collection.   I also embossed the white case case in a Holly design, which is a folder I had on hand.   My papers for this card are from Memory Box and Hero Arts.   I will add a sentiment on the inside of this card.  Hope you like it.


    Have a wonderful day !  I'm heading back to create some more cards and I am one very "Happy Camper"!!

2 comments:

Michelle Lupton said...

I just posted a comment on your flicker post - but I realised you might not know it's me!! (emellell is my yahoo name). Anyway, how exciting is it that Boot Camp has begun!! Woo Hoo! Love your glittery green strip and bakers twine in the first card, and I see you have the same bow die as Jennifer used - might just have to get me that one!!

Ruby said...

Wow, you're quick lol! Great to see you in Boot Camp, I think this is going to be so much fun again. You may need to nag me to create every day though lol

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".