Friday, October 24, 2014

..A Not so Freaky Friday...

....and for me it's a fun Friday, as I am creating some cute new Halloween Cards, all of which were first inspired by a new challenge sketch from "Fusion".  

    It reminded me that I had pretty much forgot all about Halloween this year, at least in my card-making and have already moved into Christmas!   But, today after seeing the challenge image and peeking at the calender, I was quickly reminded that Halloween is only a week away!  Another month that has flown by....

     I also admit now that my boys are grown, I do forget about the "kid" side of Halloween, which is the fun and happy side and to be honest, the only thing I like about it.  I'm not a fan of any of the scary of creepy side of Halloween, and that you'll see in all of my cards today!   I also don't mail out many Halloween cards, so I really only needed a few --- One for both the kids and one for my Mom!

     I'm starting with the card I created for Brian & Meghan, and this adorable Bugaboo image 'screams" Meghan to me, because she LOVES "Candy Corn".  YUK! if you ask me, but it's her favorite candy and when I was out in San Diego visiting, she bought her first "fix" of the season one day while we were out shopping!  LOL!  It makes me smile to think of her anytime I see Candy Corn. She is the only person I know, who loves this candy so much!



  Oh, and speaking of both Halloween and Bugaboo Stamps, they currently have all their adorable digi images on sale!    Happy Shopping!


   
  The next two cards are also cards that I created using more of my favorite digi stamps, all from Bugaboo, which happens to be one of my favorite places to shop for whimsical stamps!  Love them!!



  All of these cuties were color with Copics and also highlighted with a combo of Wink of Stella markers, 3d crystal lacquer and some very sparkly glitter!   All of the fum little sentiments I used today are from a set by Lori Boyd that I bought a part of a special when she first sold them along with her adorable "digi stamps" at By Lori Designs!   

   My last card of the day is the card that 'started' me on my Halloween mode and was based on the current "Inspiration" image from the new challenge at Fusion!    This is a copy of that image and as you will see in my card -- I combined both the Sketch and the Photo together to make my card.




     It turned out to be a fun (and not freaky) Friday for me and I'm so happy that I pulled out my "Halloween" stash and to put together all these "Happy Halloween" cards!   ENJOY!! 




6 comments:

Betty said...

fun cards Lisa - i need to get my cards in the mail - especially to the kids in england!! yikes - time flies!!

Lori m said...

Wow!! Each card is adorable, love the stamps and amazing coloring job. :) Lori m

Katie Ann Brooks said...

giggle! These are all so cute! So glad you joined us at Fusion this week!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - you have been busy on your Halloween cards! love those sweet Bugaboo images - your Fusion card is so fun with Frank and the wonderful colors on your panels - thanks for playing along with us!

wienerhoneymooners said...

FUN and funky Frankie's Monster!!! COOL colors, lovely addition to the FUSION Gallery of cards, LOVE it, thanks for joining us at FUSION!!!

Deepti said...

Awesome creations!! I love the green panels, they really make the card pop :) Thank you for sharing with Fusion!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".