Sunday, October 12, 2014

Oh what a day....

....and for me that means I had another wonderful day, most of which was spent in my new craft space.  I spent a few hours this morning moving more things in and also did a bit of organizing, which is something I love doing, because the end result makes my life so much easier!!

    After I did that I was right back at my craft desk working on more new cards.   Take two you might say of the day I had yesterday!   And my first card is also my second take on one that I created yesterday, but ended up totally messing up at the very end while stamping on my Sentiment. This is the card I did yesterday, which was for the 90 Minute Scramble over at the Hero Arts Flick Group ---


   Notice how the sentiment is actually a cute out that was stamped a second time, (after the first one smeared), and 'added' on top of the big mistake.   And this is "Take Two",   I could not figure out a good way to fix my first card, so I decided to make a mew one this time, I was very careful to stamp the Sentiment first, that way if it was bad, I could quickly start over ad not have to totally color the flower again.  I also used added some patterned paper ( my favorite, "Viola" retired from Memory Box), to frame my flower and also went with a white wood-grain card base for this revision.


  I am now submitting my new card to the current "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Addicted to Stamps challenge blog!
Addicted to Stamps and More!
Challenge #116  - Anything Goes

   Moving on I have a new Sketch Inspired challenge card and this is for the SFYTT Challenge over at Reverse Confetti.   After I made my card yesterday, I quickly found that the sketch I had used was the wrong sketch, and was the sketch that had been provided for the September Challenge?  I thought.....WOW -- How did I pick the wrong one, only to later realize that it the side bar link on the RC blog, was taking me to the wrong sketch!!   PHEW?  At least it was not me "losing it" which could easily be Fibro Fog too!.  It's since been fixed and I'm happy to be sharing my new card, based on the October Sketch, which is this one --

Reverse Confetti - SFYTT
"Sketch for You to Try" - October

My Card

  I totally love this sketch and it's wonderful CAS style.  I actually had fun making this card and it also was one I managed to created very quickly.   I started with a piece of Watercolor Paper to use for my card base.  I love the thickness and also think the texture is a nice addition for a CAS type card.  I then used "Scraps" to created the two rectangle shapes.  Next, I pulled out this new set, which just arrived from RC this weekend, and decided to use the heart stamp.  I inked it in Versamark, and then stamped it to some deep purple cardstock, which I heat embossed in White.  I used foam tape to add that adorable little image to a scalloped circle which I created with a Stampin' Up Punch!   Easy and yet it's adorable and a card that can be used for many occasions.  You could add a sentiment to the front, or simple write your own message inside.   I also consider "Hearts" to be LOVE, so I would likely add a stamped "Love" type sentiment to the inside of the card, probably stamped in Deep Purple to Teal to go with the card!   

  My next few cards were all inspired by the new "Holiday Challenge" being hosted over on the Hero Arts Blog.  Here are the details, if YOU would like to play along -- 


  This time I chose to enter a card into the "White Out" Category and also thought it would be fun to use a Hero Arts Digital image for my card.   I happen to love to create with Digital image and now that I'm part of the the a2z Design Team, I am especially excited, because the a2z Scrapbooking Store is now the Exclusive seller of the entire line of Hero's digital goodies!   We have a nice selection in the store now and will continue to add new sets, as Hero releases them to use!  You can find them HERE at a2z's Store on Etsy!  

  This first card is the one that I'm submitting to the Challenge and one that I think is adorable, yet super fast and easy to make.   NOTE:   I realize now that most of the digi images I have used on my cards today happen to be from an older digital set that we not not currently have at a2z.  This sweet set is one that I have had in my stash for a few years and I believe it's now retired!   Even so, it is shows just how versatile these images are and how you can quickly put together some great Christmas cards.  I love to add extra embellishments and even change the colors or add the images to my on colored cardstock, which makes these cards called "Hybrids", because I used both digital images and traditional cardmaking products too!  This is the style I love most, because I can make them my own!  

  For this card, the little "Tree" is the digital image.  I always design my digi card in Word, and that's how I added the black frame around the little tree.  I actually printed it out twice, and cut out the second tree and adhered it on top of the first to give it more dimension.  I also used added some ultra fine Hero Arts Prisma Glitter on tops of the "snow" covered parts of the tree.  My sentiment was hand stamped below and is from one of my favorite new Hero Arts sets -- called Winter Wonders.  I absolutely LOVE the handwritten design and was thrilled to learn that Heather Ruwe, (who I know from "blogland"), is the gal who's handwriting was used for these fabulous new stamps!   I absolutely LOVE her "style" and also own the "Crafty Friends" stamp that Hero also designed using Heather's wonderful handwriting!   Way to Go Heather!!  I am totally thrilled for you and also LOVE your style!  I do HOPE Hero will have you draw more sentiments for us, your handwriting is perfect and such a trendy style!!   

   Whenever I do decided to print out some Digital Images, I always tend to print out a full sheet of them to fill up an 8 1/2" X 11"  piece of cardstock.   No waste here and even if I don't use them all right away, they are all set and ready to go, if I should need to make a card very quickly!     Below are two more I created today, all using some of Hero's fabulous digital kits, and the new kit are equally as fabulous.  
Happy Reindeer Card

  I again used the Picture Formatting tools in "Word" t add the shadows on this handsome guy, as well as the deep burgundy frame.  I then cut him out and adhered him to a matching card base.  I added a black enamel dot for his nose, (if I used red, he would be Rudolph), and to smaller black gems to his eyes.   I colored over his "Antlers" which a Clear Wink of Stella marker, which adds a lot of sparkle and shine.  Too bad, it doesn't photograph well, it's really pretty and sometime I use on many of my cards now.   We also now carry the Wink Of Stella Clear Markers at the a2z Store and we have some of the wonderful Wink of Luna's too!   I hand-stamped a sentiment and this time, added it to the inside of my card.   This is a little peek of the inside, which shows the Sentiment, also a Hero Arts product!


  And next is a sweet lil "Gingerbread" cookie card, also another Hybrid which stared with the little Gingerbread image and combined it with two Digital Sentiments from this amazing "set" a must have if you love working with digs and want a nice variety of sentiments.  I printed this with the others, them used my Lil Inker Designs "Stitched Mat Dies" to cut her out and added her to a piece of red cardstock. I then added texture to the "icing with a Viva Decor Pearl Pen and topped that off with more glitter.  I finished this one off by adding three white pearls as the buttons!  Super fun and easy and another card, already done!!   


  That's it for today folks, I hope I have inspired you to try out some of the awesome Hero Arts Digital Products and also to play along in the challenges!   Don't forget that you still have plenty of time to play in our October Challenge over at the a2z Scrapbooking Blog.   Just go HERE, read the rules, design your projects and upload it to the Inlinkz Gallery link, that is now toward the bottom of the page!   One lucky winner will be chosen by Random Drawing and will win a $25 Gift Certificate to the Store!!   You can even enter FIVE times, as long as each project is different, new, fits the theme, and meets our Challenge Guidelines!    WooOO!   Have Fun and as always -- Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

Betty Wright said...

WOW! You have been busy busy in your new craft space! These are all fabulous! Great designs!

Deepti said...

Wow what a treat !! Great cards all of them, I love the way u colored the images on ur cards :) thank you for sharing with ATSM

Sue said...

Your flower is gorgeous, Lisa, and what a lovely sentiment too. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Wei Wei said...

These cards are adorable! Great! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".