Sunday, October 26, 2014

Hero Arts 90 Minute Scrambles! Love 'em!

   One of the online challenges I really is the Hero Arts 90 Minute Scrambles, which are hosted every other weekend at Hero's Flick Group.  Every Scramble is hosted by a member of the group and we encourage everyone to not only play, but to also take a turn at being a hostess!

    I have had the chance of hosting three since I joined this group a few years ago and I love that almost as much as playing.   We have sign up posts every so often and the schedule is provided several weeks ahead, making it easy for all to chose a time that works for them.  Once you choose you week, it's all up to you as to when you want to host your Scramble -- most often they are on the weekends, but it is up to the hostess.   You also have the fun part of choosing theme and creating a few sample projects to help inspire the players.   Each hostess also offers a prize (your choice), and a second "Digital" prize is provided by Hero for every scramble!

     Yesterday, I played in the Scramble hosted by Kim, who is from Australia, where the time difference is 12 hours (for me in the Eastern Time)!   Even longer for those across the country. Thankfully, Kim is an early bird, who was up at 5 a.m (Sunday) her time, to post her Scramble was went Live here in the East at 5 p.m. Saturday evening.  How sweet is she!  I also absolutely loved here theme, which brought a new word into my vocabulary -  Triptych!   A Triptych ia a work of cart (typically a panel), that is divided into three sections!

  To see Kim's Scramble Sample cards -- Please go to her Scramble  POST here!   And to see all the projects that were entered into Scramble 96 -- Click HERE for the Gallery!   I loved this idea and style and was very happy to complete these two cards for Kim's Scramble.

    For my first card I started with a stamp set (now retired) called "Designer Snowflakes" along with a Hero Arts sentiment set, "Winter Wishes".  I also used two Hero Ink colors -- Pool and Soft Granite, which I stamped on each of the three white panels!   I added the three to a "Mixed Pool" card base and finished off that card by adding my sentiment and some matching Hero Pearls/Gems.



                                          SALE Hero Arts Winter Wishes Operation Write Home
                                   Designer Snowflakes                               Winter Wishes


    The second card "my favorite" of the two, (it's Purple), started with "Scraps" of Purple patterned Halloween paper left over from Friday.   I changed the orientation of the panels to vertical on this card and adhered each purple strip directly to a Snow Card.   My sentiment, which I LOVE is from one of my favorite Christmas Sets, -- "Sparkle with Happiness", which I stamped in Grape Juice Shadow Ink.  I used the same ink for my Star image, which also happens to be from a retired "cling" set, called "Snowflake Shapes".   Cleaning my room and doing all this organizing is truly like a HUGE shopping spree --- so many stamps have re-appeared and I'm loving using them all again!!



                Hero Arts 'Snowflake Shapes' Cling Stamps 
Sparkle with Happiness                       Snowflake Shapes


    As it turned out, those were the only two cards that I made this weekend, so I'm delighted to have played in the Scramble!   Additionally, I plan to submit both cards to the current Holiday Challenge sponsored by Hero Arts, which you'll find along with all the challenge details on their blog



   I do hope to create more today, but instead spent a lot of time putting the house back in order.  I'm thrilled with the new flooring we have downstairs in the Family Room and love that there is no longer any carpet on the first floor!  Yay!  Today, was the first day that Hubby has had off, since the new floors were installed -- so it was the first  chance he had the time to move the furniture back into that room.    It was nice to have a chance to totally clean and re-organize the whole room, even the coat closet, with all our boots and winter shoes!  

  I also took the "girls" Skye and Zeva for nail trims at Pet-co, while Scoutie relaxed at home.  He just has his done at the Vet's office, being he did not have to go through it today.   He was happy to see Alex and Acacia who were also her all morning cleaning out Alex's fish 25 gallon fish aquarium, they have generously gifted to us.  They did not have room for two in their new place, so they are using Acacia's tank.  I bought all new stone and will be changing the color.  I also bought the new heater and a few things it needed. Tomorrow, Alex, Acacia and I are heading out to one of their favorite places to shop for supplies, a store called Tropic Isle Aquarium.    It's like an aquarium super store and has the best variety, plus great prices too.  I'm looking forward it buying plants and hopefully my first few fish.     I'm excited to finally add my own fish and am going along with how Acacia has her tank set-up.  It's low maintenance and also looks so pretty....lots of plants and a nice selection of easy to care for small fish!   Alex had only one large Betta fish and a gorgeous Blue Lobster and those two could not be kept with other fish, or they would eat them!   It was a bit too boring for me, so I hope ot find all kind fun things at the store,   Plus, I just LOVE spending time with the kids and now that Alex is out on his own, I don't see him or Acacia, nearly enough.  W'ell have a nice day.  

2 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Lisa, I so loved your snowflake card, definitely one of my favorites. I was amazed you got two cards done. Fantastic.

Greta said...

I loved your scramble cards, Lisa--the snowflake one was one of my favorites of the day! Gorgeous stamping & colors!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".