The only good thing is that with all these visits, I will finally meet the $2,500 deductible this week! And you can be sure that I'll be taking full advantage of having no deductible for the rest of this year. I'm planning to get as MUCH medical care as I can in between now and January 1st and I'm also going to be sure to order all my medication refills at the end of December and to also see my eye doctor and order my contacts too! I'm also hoping Hubby's employer will re-think the awful options they've offered us this year, and maybe have something better for 2015. They have superb coverage for their California employees, but we here in Massachusetts, have the worst insurance I've ever had...and with you have a chronic health condition that sucks! Not fair...not fair at ALL!! -- Okay....now that I have that of my chest ....
On to happier things -- I'm so excited to be here sharing a couple today and want to also invite you all to stop back by tomorrow, where I'll be inviting you to take part in some really fun new challenges that we are hosting over on the a2z Scrapbooking Blog to celebrate "World Card Making Day"!
Let me first start with a cute card I colored up today for a celebratory event we'll be attending on Sunday. I'm so happy that the son of our best friends has finally achieved his goal of becoming a member of the local Fire Department. This all on top of spending six year in the Air Force as a Fire Fighter and being deployed twice to overseas to serve and protect our country during the horrible war with Iraq. Jason, is also a super family man, and a Dad to three amazing children. He grew up wanting to be a Fireman all his life and follow in the footsteps of his Grandfather, which makes this even more bittersweet. The only thing that could make us all happier is that his Grand Dad had lived longer to enjoy this wonderful achievement! I'm so honored and proud to know Jason and known he'll be a great EMT and Fire Fighter and a valuable assets to the Gloucester Fire Department.
I colored up this cute little digi image, which is a favorite from Bugaboo Stamps. I happen to love that in this case the Fireman has rescued a small puppy and that makes this image extra adorable to me. I also used used some of the new hints and tips I've learned the past two weeks while taking the fabulous "Copics for Cardmakers" class that I have totally loved. Only wish I had more time to color, but I'm thrilled we still have another full week! I used two colors that are often considered some of the hardest colors to use and those are red and black. I hope Jason will enjoy the card and think he'll get a kick out of this cute image! I do pretty well with red, but still have trouble, with black, but practice will help and I really want to start coloring a lot more often!!
The other two cards I have to share were done for Christmas and I was excited to try out some new products for each. This first card features an adorable die cut tree that is another of the awesome Simon Says Stamp Exclusives that I had purchased before I was on vacation. I had a bunch of left over Gelli Prints and decided to use one of the teal and white designs to create my die cut tree. I also love that this die came with the matching sentiment, although I chose to use one of my new Hero Arts Sentiment Sets - Winter Wonders, for this card. I also used a fun new "Snowy Hill" type die from another new die set, I ordered from Mama Elephant! I then took a circle die and cut out a gold foil circle which I used as a Moon for this card! I really wanted "Silver" but since I'm in the middle of my craft room move, I could not my silver foil cardstock? And yes, I will have picture of my new room soon, if I ever finish getting thing moved in. I'm loving it, but it is smaller, so now I'm in the process of making sure I have what I want and then putting together a huge donation for "Little Paws Dachshund Rescue" who will use it for a Fundraising yard sale, being held next weekend! I love helping out the pups and it's good to be scaling down!
This card is being submitted to the new Holiday Challenge being hosted over at Hero Arts. I'm submitting this one to the "Mad at Metallics" category! I have so many amazing new Hero Arts stamps that have been arriving daily. I will be looking forward to sharing more Hero Holiday cards with you and also to their fun new challenge!
And now to my last new share and this too was a card I created with another new die set that I had purchased from Simon Says Stamp. I must admit, I am a huge fan of the Simon Exclusives and every month when they come out with the newest releases, I have a really hard time, trying to pick just one of two new sets. But, my goal for 2105 is to USE what I have and NOT to add ANY new craft things, unless I also am giving away or donating something in it's place! This will not be an easy goal, but it's something I really want to do, so I don't end up overwhelmed with so much "stuff" in my craft room again. As you can see I also used a second "Merry Christmas"sentiment die and cut that from the same patterned paper I used behind my die cut trees. I was in the aqua/teal frame of mind again and really seem to be drawn to these colors lately. The little snowflakes were stamped in Hero's Silver Shadow Ink are also from one of my older Hero Arts Snowflake Stamp sets.
And that's it for today my friends. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed having some energy and time to create and I'm hoping that this is just the beginning of feeling better every day and getting myself back on track with creating and keeping my blog updated!
I also want to once again recommend you consider signing up and taking the amazing "Copics for Cardmakers" class that is currently ongoing at the Online Card Classroom. I admit that because I had already take numerous "Copic" classes and workshops, I almost passed on this, but boy am I ever happy that I took it. Turns out I learned something new every single day and also found a whole new love for my Copics again. The designers all have so many awesome ideas and share them all with you in class. It ROCKS!!
I am also very much looking forward to getting back to playing in my favorite challenges, which I have also missed. I find that another great way to practice my card making and have seem some awesome challenges go by in the past few weeks. It will be a JOY to be back on track and playing again. Card making is such a passion for me and almost like my own form of therapy, so not having that outlet has really sucked and I'm so pleased that I'm healing and that happier and healthier days are ahead! I wish ALL my friends and family the very best health, as it's so important in life and something we all take for granted until you lose it. How I wish I could have all those days back and totally savor in feeling great!
I also want to remind everyone that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!! And, as the daughter of a two time Breast Cancer Survivor, I am asking all my friends to please call and Schedule your annual Mammogram today! -- I had mine on Tuesday and it was a breeze. I am also very happy that it's behind me for this year and that every thing was fine! Mammograms save lives and I know that for a fact, because the early detection has already saved my Mom, and two dear friends, not to mention thousands or other women!
Wishing you all a wonderful Friday and please be sure to stop by tomorrow, where I'll be sharing more information on how you can join me in celebrating "World Card Making Day"!!

3 comments:
I can sympathize with the health care costs. Wyoming has some of the highest costing health care in the country and my deductible was $3,000, then only paid 50%. I pretty much quit going to the doctor. Hang in there, you will feel better again.
Thanks Valerie.... I can't wait to feel good again! Love your kind comment and good wishes! I think it's terrible that people can't afford care - so unfair in this country and we do SO much for other countries in so many way! It's time to take care of US!!
So glad to hear that you are feeling better and are able to share more of your lovely creations with us, Lisa! I don't understand the US health system but it sounds very expensive. Good luck with your plan to keep your craft stash under control.....I struggle to stay strong with so many fabulous products being released all the time :) Your colouring looks great and you have used the SSS die cuts beautifully!
Post a Comment