So....I did give up, but then finally decided to try one more thing, I totally uninstalled Trend, and then tried one last time to Sync my Gypsy and it WORKED! I was beyond thrilled, but exhausted too. It was after 8pm, when it finally registered and then I had to of course, do ALL the firmware updates and all the program updates and it all went perfectly. When I had that done, I went back and reinstalled Trend Micro and also contacted Provo and Trend for assistance. Today, I decided to link a few cartridges and started with George, but guess what....it would not WORK. I could NOT Sync it with the Sync cord or even directly from my Expression....Grrrr! So, I moved to my next cartrdige, which is a new one that I love called Winter Lace....and again...NO LUCK, this one told me I needed to update my GYPSY, which we know is now up to date.....Grrrr again. By this point, I am back to wanting to CRY, but tried ONE more and at LAST success. I now had the Stand and Salute synced and will work on more this weekend. I've also been in touch with Provo and since learned I have a defective George cartridge, another known issue and they are sending me a new one, which I should have in about two weeks.
On the upside I VERY happy to know that I figured this out and very thankful to the member of the Cricut Message Boards, who were the most helpful. Those gals are fantastic and had MORE input and gave me more assistance than Provo, so from now on, I go there first! Luckily, I also NOW have an email contact at Provo sold I do NOT have to sit on hold for hours!
Now....for my very best news, I am totally thrilled to have made it to ROUND TWO with my application to be a part of the Bugaboo Stamps Design Team and I am totally thrilled. I was so happy to receive that wonderful new and will be working on my next project this weekend. That fabulous NEWS took away all my upset with the Gypsy and I am now totally focused again on FUN things and am back to working on my cards, which is a joy!
This card was started yesterday and is for this week's Card Corner Challenge over at SSC. Here is the picture we had as our inspiration and the challenge was to use a least four of the color show in the image, and to think "animals". My image is one of the adorable Garden Cats from guess where? Bugaboo Stamps and I had started this card yesterday and had NO idea today would be the day I'd hear from them? How cool is that!
Isn't he adorable! I have quite a few from this collection and find them really fun to color. I love that he is lying in the flower pot and looking right at you, as it you are looking at him! I s If you LOVE Bugaboo Stamps as much as I do, then HURRY on over to the store and take advantage of the Big SALE....Yes my favorite word !!! -- SALE!!! All of the images are 50% off for the entire month! Thanks Jodie! All you need to do is put all your images in the shopping card and then Enter code - H80JN917 in the box at checkout and it will reduce all the prices automatically. Woohoo!!
All the details are also on the site and believe me, I've already been shopping and the codes works great! I bought some last week and I'm sure I'll be back there tomorrow for the new release! In the meantime, I'm going to do my VERY best to make it on their Design Team and am hoping very much I will be one of the lucky people who has the opportunity to be part of the team! GOOD LUCK to everyone who has applied!
I'm off now to work on another card and my next card will be for this week's Stamp and Scrap Challenge over at SSC. If you want to join me, please hop on over and I'll see you there!!



2 comments:
Glad today is a better day and yay for making it on to round 2 of the DT call!
Adorable and so fun card!!
Hi Lisa!!
Wow....My bfjust bought me a gypsy and I have not had the time to even turn it on!!!! I love my studio Design and I am relaly intimidated by the little actually. So if you had that much trouble, I might just take the thing back!! LOL!!! It just sits there and stares at me anyways....I am glad however that you got everything worked out!!!
Fantastic card too!!! Love the image!!
Hugs,
Calypso
Post a Comment