Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Wednedsay....

  Brrrrrrrr!!   Did you know that totally do NOT like Winter or Cold...!!  Nope...I dread it and like lots of sunshine and nice warm temps.   I can already feel the difference in my body since the cold moved in and boy have I been hurting!   Another downside to cold weather, is that it's miserable with Fibro and arthritis...Grrrr!   Today, I finally had to break down today and get the wood-stove going - my first fire this season and one of many more to come.  It was also the first day I had to start my car and let it warm up before I headed out to my nail and pedicure appointment.  I LOVE to wear sandals and I did, and it was fine, but it sure was a bit chilly on my way back home.   Luckily, my feet are always warm and I rarely ever wear any shoes inside and avoid shoes as much as possible!   I'm a flip flop girl another reason I dread the cold and winter -- it means at some point I need shoes...!  YUK!!

   I've also been extremely tired his week, as I told my doctor -- My fatigue is relentless and even though I have been in bed very early every night this week - I'm still wiped out, I am hoping the moving the clocks back this weekend will give me that extra hour of sleep that I need.    Today, my back is also very sore and has been for the past few days.  I'm finding the computer kills me more and more, which is why I have been posting less.  

   And speaking of posting, I wanted to ask all my wonderful blogger friends to PLEASE consider turning OFF the Word Verification on your blogs.  I love to try and get to at least a few blogs each day, but I know I lose far to many comments, because I get those darn words wrong too often!!    I also wanted to THANK you all for all the wonderful comments and to let you know that I WISH I could visit all your blogs every day, but I simply can't and if I over due it, I suffer.  I'm finding it more and more difficult to site at the computer and type for long periods of time.   It's take me three attempts to get this post done, and I have to take breaks, which is not fun.  Sadly, it's getting even harder and I'm struggling more each day to keep up with emails, posts and and my blog...Bummer!!!   It's also a major factor in why I recently stepped down from my DT position at 'A Day for Daisies'.  I felt behind and felt like I was not keeping up with all the comments and posts in all the the groups.  It was really hard for me to give up that role, I miss it and only WISH it had worked out differently.  

  I'm off now and taking a break form the computer and going to color and relax!  I'm also going to work on some new challenges and my first challenge today is the Copic Coloring Challenge over at SSC, hosted by two wonderful friends -- Colleen and Tammy.  I have been a member of that group from day one and totally enjoy whatever the girls come up with each week.  Both Colleen and Tammy are such fabulous crafters and always have wonderful inspiration for us.  Everyone is welcome to join in and I encourage you to do so.  For all the details - Please hop on over to the Copic Corner HERE!!  SSC also two more new challenges today, one in the Card Corner and another in the Stamp and Scrap Group and you can link to them all from the main page!

  Have a great day every one - Stay warm, take care and as always -- Happy Crafting!!!

2 comments:

Kathy Czygan said...

OMGoodness Lisa! I'm so sorry to hear that you're having such a bad time with your fibromyalgia! I will keep you in my prayers! I love the beautiful work you've been doing on your crafts! Stay strong and keep thinking "flip flop weather"! HUGS....KATHY

ThePurplePlace said...

Thank you Kathy - You are very sweet and caring and that's a fabulous trait! ;)

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".