Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A dreary November day....

...and one of those days that I could have slept all day.   I woke to the sound of pouring rain and gusty winds, YUK!  Not a fun way to start my day.  One thing I have learned is that I LOVE skylights, but you do NOT want them in your bedroom.  The sound of rain hitting them is really loud and will wake you up very easily.  They are also NOT fun on nights when there are thunderstorms -- especially for someone like me who does not like thunder and lightening...scary, and when you have skylights in your bedroom, Yikes..the lightening is more vivid than ever!   That's my tip of the day for anyone who is considering putting skylights in your home.  They are wonderful and I love them in other rooms, but do not put them in a room you sleep in!

      I also woke up very sore today and I'm sure that's related to the weather and I'll be looking forward to better days.  November is one of my least favorite months and always seems to be - very gray, dark and dreary!   Yuk!

   On the upside, I did get some more Christmas shopping done online today and that was a plus.  I also was excited to start on some new projects and cards for challenges and I have one I finished to share with you.  This card idea has been in my mind for awhile and I actually started creating my little ornaments earlier this week.  I was inspired to make this card for a few different challenges and one was over at the Color Me Creative Classroom.  Our challenge there was to create a project based on this awesome inspirational image, which I have copied over to share. 


  As soon as I saw it I was inspired to make a card with Ornaments and to use lots of purple - especially since it's my favorite color.  I also just happen to own an 'Ornament Shaped' punch from Stampin' Up and that's what I used to create my ornament shapes.  Some were made with Cardstock, Smooch and lots of Glitter and the others were created from foil which I first embossed in my Cuttlebug.  I also used my Copic Airbrush system to color the foil ornaments in colors from the image -- Purple, Teal and a bright Pink.   In this end I had created this new Christmas Card.

   

   I really like how the ornaments came out, especially the foil ornaments and I hope to make some more.  My card was also inspired by this week's Card Corner Challenge over Simply Scrapping Crafts.  Our challenge at SSC is to create a card with lots of Glitter and Glitz and I made sure to start off with a glittered cardstock as my card base.  I also added some pin gems to my foil ornaments and lots of glitter to the paper ornaments and to the edges of my sentiment!!

  I'm also submitting this card to this week's Copic Coloring Challenge also over at SSC and this week it's ANYTHING GOES and the cards that Colleen, Tammy and Pryn created for inspiration are all AWESOME!   WOOHOO!

1 comment:

Maria Matter said...

oh WOW this is gorgeous Lisa!!! I love all the shimmer & shine!
hugs & blessings!

we too have skylights...our bed is directly under one of them! Thought it would be lovely to glaze at the night sky from bed. But you are SO right, when it storms, WHOA!! Who knew rain could be so loud! lol

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".