Let's first start with Cool Colors and that's exactly what I thought the first time I saw the new color themed challenge being hosted over at Reverse Confetti. I loved how vibrant and colorful the combo was and thought t would be fun to put together a card using, Teal, Red & Yellow
My Card
My first step was to pull some cardstock and papers, all in the theme colors. I even had some scraps of SU paper leftover from yesterday, that I thought would go very well. I then used a combination of Confetti Cut dies along with the "Lots to Say" stamp set. I put everything together in a fun little "Hi" card which is what I'll be submitting to the challenge!!
My next card today is all about "Friendship" and was inspired and created for this week's challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. The name of this one if "You've Gotta Have Friends" and is that ever true. I'm very grateful and thankful to have a wonderful group of friends. Those I've know all my life, and a huge variety of new friends, from all over the world, who all share the joy of creating, as much as I do.
My Card
My first step in putting this card together, was decided which Sentiment Set I wanted to use and I ended up picked out one of the fabulous SSS Exclusives, designed by Kristina Werner. This set is called and you can find it HERE in the SSS Store. I also used the Apothecary Labels, die set form SSS for my Sentiment, which was stamped in Tide Pool Shadow Ink. My card base was created from Teal Bazzill Cardstock along with some Mixed Pool layering papers from Hero Arts. The patterned background on my card is another of the cool Gelli Prints I created with my Gelli Plate! Loving it more and more every day and my next "Gelli Printing" class is coming up fast, on July 8th and I can hardly wait to see what we do next.
And moving on to my last card, I first want to give my special thanks to Jacqueline, who I know from the Hero Arts Flickr Group. She was very generous and kind and send me an RAK, of the fabulous "Wine Labels" from France (she she lives), that she has used on many of her fabulous cards. I used two today for my next card which I created in a collage style, something Jacqueline is amazing at creating. Thanks again Jacqueline for sending me such a nice variety of labels. I can see that you were thinking of me when you sent them and love that some have lovely purple and plum designs on the labels. You can see some of Jacqueline's wonderful art on her blog - HERE!!
And this is my first attempt at using some of the labels and also trying to create a card much in the fabulous "grid/collage" style that Jacqueline does so well. I started by using a 1" punch and punching out a variety of images from the labels. I then pulled out some deep purple cardstock that matched perfectly to some of the flowers in the images. I then added my squares in a grid like pattern and also added a piece of Ribbon and the "Bravo" sentiment, which is from Avery Elle I then added this all to Kraft Case base and was done! Hope you like it.
For me, it was another really fun and creative day and that's the days I love most. Tomorrow, I'm off early to have my hair done, then have a few errands to do, but HOPE to be back in my craft room sometime in the afternoon! Hope you all have a wonderful night and as always -- Happy Crafting!

1 comment:
Very pretty cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the You've Gotta Have Friends challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!
Post a Comment