My first card was inspired for this newest challenge being hosted over at Reverse Confetti where it's time for another Sketch Challenge and I have happily copied over this week's "SFYTT" aka Sketch for You to Try and hope that you too, will play along.
#13 Reverse Confetti
My Card
I used a variety of products for my card, including this fun "Double Edged Scalloped Die" which is from Reverse Confetti. I really love several of their dies and have a nice little stash growing. I have a have a few of their stamp sets and even bought a this Christmas Stamp Set today, yes Christmas and it's only June, but I have had this set on my wish list for awhile, and today was the first day I saw it back in stock. I also picked up another die...isn't' it cool? I also used quite a variety of Hero Arts products (all linked below), as well as another new scripty type stamp set (I'm loving this style), and this one is is called "Super Script" and is from Altenew!
On top of the challenge at Reverse Confetti, this card was also designed to be shared over on the a2z Scrapbooking Blog where we are hosting another "Linky Party" for the month of June. Everyone is welcome to play along and all your need to do is a create a project in this months' theme -- "Stars & Stripes" and then link it up HERE!! How easy is that and everyone that plays will be entered into this month's random drawing to win a $25.00 Gift Certificate to the a2z Etsy Store!!
My second card, was also inspired by the same sketch but was also created for this week's new challenge over at CASology where the cue card this week is SHINE!!
And again, this card would also fit into the a2z "Linky Party" Theme as it also contains "Stars and Stripes", along with another of my favorite new stamps from Winnie &Walter. It's the newest addition to their "The Big, The Bold" and I now happily all three set, plus all the Cut files, which I can use on my Silhouette! Woohoo! I'm also sharing this one over their blog HERE, and have already added their adorable blinkie to my side bar, and sharing it again today --- it's so darn cute!!
Next, have another challenge card and this one was inspired by Vicki Dutcher, who is this week's MUSE over the MUSE Challenge site, another of my favorite challenges.

Vicki's Card
My Card
I just LOVED the teal and white that Vicki used as her color theme and I chose to use that same them and even her basic card design to create my card. My background is one of the awesome new ones that I created using my new Gelli Plate (more details on that HERE), and I loved how it was all in teal and white, which made it work perfectly for the challenge. It almost has the look of stripes, which I why I thought it was perfect for this Muse Card. I decided to use this fun new Hero Arts Stamp Set to created the image I used for the center of my card. I even colored it in shades of teal and blue/greens to keep in the teal/white theme. My sentiment is also from Hero Arts and you'll find all the Hero items in the image photos below, all of which you can find over at a2z and if you place an order of $25 and up, you can save 15% with my DT Promo Code -- LISAH15 -- Just enter it at checkout and ENJOY!
And now to my last card of the day which is also the easiest and the most "Clean and Simple" in design. It was created for today's new Wednesday Challenge over at Simon Say Stamp, where the theme is Father's Day/Masculine Cards and to me, when I think of Masculine, for some reason, I always think of stars and that's again, what I used for this card. I started out with some of their fabulous WoodGrain Cardstock (oh, how i love this stuff), and using my "Hero Arts Star Dies", I cut the star shape out of the front of my card base to create a window. I then took this Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder along with some Royal Blue Foil Cardstock and embossed it with a tiny white "star" pattern and adhered it behind my new window. I picked out this cute Lawn Fawn, which I thought fit perfectly with the theme. I stamped it in a matching Bahama Blue Luxe Memento Ink onto some Snow White layering paper, and then adhered to a strip of the blue foil and then added that to the front of the card. Fun and easy! Hope you like it.
I am also submitting my "Lucky Stars" card to the current challenge over at Die Cut Divas! Please visit their BLOG here for all the details on their theme and how to play!! They also have a fabulous group over on Flickr, which you'll find HERE!! I'm thinking I may actually give this card to my Hubby for Father's Day, as it's fits well for him, since he favorite color is blue and he has amazing blue eyes.
Well, that's it for today everyone, it's now time to go and feed the Pups and figure out what I'm going to have for my dinner. Hubby makes Spaghetti and Meat Sauce every Wednesday for he and Alex, but I'm not a spaghetti girl, so I think I'm going to my favorite quick and easy dinner, which is oatmeal with fresh blueberries...! Yummy!!


14 comments:
Some real beautiful card there Lisa. Love all the different colors and techniques you've been working with. Enjoy the evening.
Every one of your cards are just beautiful, Lisa! I love how you combined challenges and how you paired your stamps and dies on each card! Love them all!!!
Hey Lisa, you were busy today!! I love all of your cards. Your card for the Muse challenge is amazing. I love the background. I've never heard of Gelli. I want to try it. I'm going to check out their site. Thanks for leaving such a kind comment on my blog. Your right the teal is so pretty.
You have definitely been busy - my gosh. I really like the CAS look to the card you entered into the Die Cut DIvas' challenge. It's perfect for a guy, just perfect.
So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas
Wow! You've made some awesome cards! I kept scrolling and saying "oooo....pretty!" for each card. :) I love the variety of stamps and dies you used. The card for your husband is so sweet and cool!
I think you really nailed the sketch on the "Awesome" card. It is a card that you use for so many occasions.
I love the Gelli plate background... I am going to have give that a try soon! All four cards are winners.
Lisa all awesome cards! I love how you translated the SFYTT and the CASology Cue Word. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Reverse Confetti and CASology!
Great to see you at Muse and CASology this week, Lisa! I love that you've captured the feeling of Vicki's card solely through use of colour and layout. Love all the stars on your shine card, too!
I love all of the Big & Bold stamps from Winnie and Walter. Love how you used it on your "shine" card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!
Wonderful cards! You are one busy girl and so creative too!!
Lots of gorgeous eye candy in this post! LOVE that gelli bg [you inspired ME to use mine!] and that you used my favorite colors ;) Thanks so much for joining in at Muse!
Stars are indeed a great masculine motif, Lisa! Love your entry for our challenge this week! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!
Fantastic Cards Lisa! thanks for the shout out and playing along with the Die Cut Diva's
Love all of these--the teal ones are just so cool!
Post a Comment