My first card is also the card that 'inspired' the title to today's blog post and is a fun little card I created for the current "Friendship" challenge being hosted over at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge Blog. The adorable little birds are also one of the new SSS Exclusive Stamp and Die sets and I think they are so cute. The set is ideally meant to be used for a new Mom and Daddy, but I think just changing around the sentiments, make it work for so much more. And that's exactly what I did, by using the cute 'Slang Gang' term "Sup?" from this fun Paper Smooches Stamp set. Love all these really cool saying...perfect for fun cards and especially those teens in our lives!!
My next card was created for today's new Sketch Challenge over the OWH's Stars and Stamps Blog, which you'll find HERE! I thought the sketch looked like a FUN one, so I was happy to play along.
This is a copy of the sketch, which I hope may inspire YOU to play along and also start donating some of YOUR cards to the wonderful group!!
Sketch #230
My Card
As you can see, I used all neutral colors on this card, which I think makes it perfect as a Masculine card or one that one of our soldiers, might like to send home to their loved ones. The sketch made it a fun and easy card to create. I started with a Hero Arts Wet Cement Note card, along with some of my favorite "Dots and Stripes" paper from Echo Park. I used a variety of punches and dies to cut my circles, and then simply combined the as shown in the sketch. I added a little extra embellishments, some black sequins along with a wood veneer heart that I colored black, with a Wink of Stella marker. I finished it up with the "Love you" sentiment which is from this fun SSS Stamp Set, designed by Kristina Werner.
Moving on, I created two more cards and both cards were again inspired by Challenges, the first being a Fun Sketch Challenge at StampNation, along with the latest challenge over at "Addicted to CAS" where our theme is SUN! And for me that's a perfect theme, since I love Sunny Summer days, just like we're having here today. Not too hot, and not cold -- just one of those perfect "Blue Sky" days!!

I had so much fun with this code word that I actually created two cards. This was my first one and part of the inspiration, came from the Sketch Challenge at SN, but because you need to be a member to have access to all the details, I'm afraid I can not share the sketch! I can say that I'm totally LOVING be part of this group and it's really helped me with my quest to learn how to create better cards and also to create really nice "Clean and Simple" Cards -- which I just LOVE!!
I started with an all white card base and pulled out a bunch of yellow and white scraps, which I used to cut the strips I have layered across my card. I then pulled out this wonderful stamp set, another Simon Set called "Bring the Sunshine", which is just perfect for this theme I love the sun-shaped stamped and that' what I chose to use and stamped it directly onto a piece of yellow patterned paper, and then punched it out and layered it on a piece of black and white polka dotted paper and popped it up on my card, using foam tape!!
After completing that card, I remember that I had this fabulous sun themed die, also from Simon Says, and pulled that out to start working on my second card. I die cut my sun, from more of the same left over yellow papers and then added it to a white base. I also used the same SSS stamp set, as use on the card above, but this time I picked a different sentiment and used a combination in Hero's Yellow Shadow Inks to stamp it onto some white cardstock, which I then popped up off my card, again using foam tape. The final touch was my little sun, which is actually a flair button from a set that I bought from Bossy Joscie, who has the more adorable buttons in her online store.
And that's it for today my friends!! I did work on another really cute card, but it's for a little surprise, coing up soon! You'll have to stop by again for more on that! Wishing everyone a fabulous first full week of Summer! Sounds like it'll be a very nice week here! Yippee!!

14 comments:
all such fun cards Lisa -love the yellow ones!!
Love the sketch card! Great colors, and your card has perfect balance! Cute, cute, cute! :)
All grand cards!
Some seriously fabulous cards today, Lisa! I can tell you had a lot of fun with these. I love the sunny ones the best.
Sup? LOL I always grin when I see that sentiment, so your first card brought a smile :) I love the card you made for the sketch challenge, and those sunshine cards are enough to brighten anyone's day! Well done on all of them! Have a great week ahead!
You sure have been a busy girl, Lisa! I love those adorable birds and your coloring is just beautiful! Love your take on the OWH sketch, and your 'sunshine' cards are fabulous! What a great way to use the polka dot Flair, too! Good luck in all the challenges :-)
Wow, you've been busy, lots of great cards, with so many neat techniques, lots of talent. Thanks for sharing!
Well you have been busy. What a fantastic set of cards and thanks so much for two wonderful cards for our Sun Challenge at ATCAS both are just glorious !
Marie
Another great selection of cards from you. Love the neutrals on your OWH card and the bright sunshine colors on the other two cards. Sorry to say we are in for more humid weather starting tomorrow, but we have enjoy a fantastic weekend.
LISA! These cards are so awesome but the birdies just take the cake! I totally LOL'd over here :)
HUGS!!!!! xo
Super cards...you last one is my fave...wtg!
Great set of cards - as always! Love those birds....I think that I will have to give in and get them! Your sunshine cards are lovely - that flair button is the perfect finishing touch :)
Four fabulous cards Lisa. Each one is so unique and creative. Am LOVING the sun cards (of course!) :) ... the layers of patterned paper are so pretty and I love the font on the sentiment. The button for the sun on your last card is AMAZING ... so cool. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.
Two great sunshiney cards Lisa - they make you want to smile! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.
Karen x
Post a Comment