Friday, June 20, 2014

Goodbye Spring = Hello Summer!!!

 ....Not that we ever had much of a Spring here in Massachusetts, I'm very happy and excited that tomorrow of the first day of Summer and I hope it's a fabulous one.   I am lovin' the weather we've had this week, lots of sunshine, pretty blue skies, not super hot and low humidity.  If the entire Summer ended up the same way, that would be fabulous.

    Today, was a busy day for me, as I always have lots of running around to do on Fridays, but that's okay, because it was so nice out and I'm happy to have my errands pretty much done so I can have a nice relaxing weekend.

     I only have two cards to share today and the first one is one that is for two challenges, as both "Cas(E) This Sketch" and "Fusion" have teamed up together this week.  I loved both the "Sketch" as well as the "Photo Inspiration" so I combined both into my own "Fusion" card.   First, I start by sharing a the inspirations image


   The very first thing that popped out to me was the Gold Butterfly and the combo of white and gold. I also loved the card design (Sketch) and put both together to create my card.   I started with a plain white card, and first die cut a "Banner" from some Stampin' Up Gold foil cardstock.  I then cut my gold/vellum striped card front from another stash of Stampin' up "specialty papers" that I've been saving to use for something special.   I used the same foil gold cardstock to cut my Butterfly, along with my "Love" sentiment, both dies from Memory Box.


   My second card, also features some pretty patterned paper, that is also from my Stampin' Up collection   I love the soft subtle colors and finally put this set to good use for my next card.   I don't recall the name of this set and believe it was from a special sale, now I wish I had bought more, because I don't see it in the store any longer?  If anyone recognizes this or knows any more about this, please leave me a comment!  


   I had fun playing with some new dies on this card, including this new one "Blooming Flower" from Hero Arts, as well as "Custom Panels" set Avery Elle.  I love the different elements that make up this set and how you can use them to easily create unique and interesting panels for your card fronts.   My little "Thanks" stamp is from a cute set that I bought from SSS!  It's another of the adorable sets that Kristina Werner designer!  Oh how I love her style and between her and Jennifer McGuire, I tend to want everything they use or share!    

   Oh, and speaking of Jennifer & Kristina, I was very excited to see that "the stamp supply list"for the upcoming  "Stretch Your Stamps II" class, has now been shared in the classroom.  For those of you who are already signed up, you'll find it HERE under "Featured Supplies".    Jennifer also did a fabulous video showing you how you can use alternate sets, that you may already have in the stash.  That's was awesome to see and I was especially happy to see that I have almost all the sets, either the exact set or many of the similar sets.   Yippee, I really do not NEED to buy anything new, not that we ever really do, you are always encourage to use what you have!!   But, I do love the try and same exact techniques, at times, and that's when you realize you really want to use or have the same sets!   They is only one set that I plan to add and it's one that's currently out of stock online, so I am hoping I can find it at my LSS when I there next weekend taking Copic Classes!!    What is it, you might be asking?  Well, sorry, I can't share that, you have to be a enrolled in the class to know all the details!   But, you still have plenty of time, as this class is not starting until August 4th, and the main reason, is so those who want to use and have all the same stamps sets, we'll be using in class, will have plenty of time to purchase them!!   I'm excited that I have so many that will work perfectly and will now be looking forward to the class starting!!   For more details or to sign up, simply click on the link below!   Hope to see you there, these classes are always awesome and I'm very happy to have taken EVERY one.


  Time to go and let the pups out and then time to make something for dinner!   Wishing you all a wonderful last day or Spring and hope we all have a Super Summer!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Happy Summer!!! So glad it is here. I have to tell you that your first card is absolutely stunning. I I see you used my favorite SU paper on your second card. That paper screams spring/summer to me. Love that die piece you added. Have a wonderful weekend.

Lyndal said...

Fabulous gold butterfly Lisa! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION :)

Kay Miller said...

Oh both of your cards are just gorgeous! I love all the gold in the first one and second one is so pretty with that lovely paper! Thank so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog! :)

Carol L said...

I'm in awe of that gorgeous gold card with the butterfly! WOW Lisa, that's just over-the-top gorgeous! Sorry, but I don't know the name of the dsp on the 2nd card, but maybe Donna knows since mentioned it's her favorite?

Kim Hall said...

Lisa I just love those gold stripes, your take on this sketch is simple yet elegant!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch & inspiration photo!

Unknown said...

Great cards and really love that gold stripe paper.Thanks for joining us at fusion!

Laura Norris said...

Beautiful cards Lisa! We had similar ideas for the Fusion challenge. Thank you so much for your kind words on my new blog. I am so glad I joined the flickr HA group a while back and was able to 'meet' you and the rest of that great group. They are by far the most supportive and encouraging group I've met. I am proud to call you all friends.

Goldie said...

The paper you used on the second set is sweet sorbet from sale a bration. I love it too! I do have an unopened pack I would consider selling....

Chrissy Larson said...

Love them!! Great cards.

Betty said...

congrats on your honorable mention for the Fusion/CAS challenge!!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Congrats on your HM at CASE this Sketch Lisa - its a fabulous card!

Laura Norris said...

Congrats on your honorable mention over at Case this sketch! Your card is so wonderful! Well deserved my friend!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".