I also what to say Congratulations to Char, who was the lucky winner of the May Party!! This is her card, which was perfect for the "Garden Theme". It was also a great technique card and was made while many of us were taking the fabulous online Watercolor class!
Sorry that I'm a few days behind in my post, it's just that time has flown by so fast this months that I missed the first?behind in posting, but I'm still in amazement that another month has already flown by. Not to mention that I had hubby home all last week (on vacation), so that did mix up my time and days quite a bit.
Today, I'm happy to have a nice free afternoon and plan to work on some challenge cards as well as some inspiration for the June Linky Party at a2z. Be sure to stop over at the a2z Store too and check out hte newest goodies from Hero Arts. All of my followers and your friends can feel free to use my DT Promo Code - LISAH15, which will save you 15% on any orders of $25 and up (Excluding Shipping) and remember you can use that code even on Sale items and more than one time!!
Oh and before I forget, I was invited to play in really different challenge being hosted by one of my card groups over on FLickr. This group called "LOVE! - Handmade Cards" is a really fun online Flickr Group where we all share handmade cards to focus on the theme of LOVE, (which also includes -- caring cards, friendship cards, birthday and so much more), pretty much any handmade card that shows your LOVE!
This month as their own unique and very fun little challenge they are looking to see your "Tacky" cards, you know those cards that just were a bit too much, or the ones that did NOT at all turn out as you planned. I call them my "Oops" card and I often do share them on my blog --- the good and the bad is what you'll always find here! So...for the past few days, while doing some major work and purging in my craft room....I have had the opportunity to look through many of my old cards and this is the ONE that I chose to submit to the challenge. I've never liked it, even from the very day, yet it's still here in with all the cards that I use to send out or donate to Operation Write Home...but after today, I think it's time it went into the recycle bin. It was one of the first time I "played" with Dauber Inks, and I even have my sentiment on totally crooked...UGH! And here it is.....and while Life is FUN, this card is NOT good!!
I just had a nice long phone chat with my friend Pat, and it was great to talk to her. She's a fabulous card-maker and her Copic coloring is absolutely awesome. We first me in online groups and also had the pleasure of meeting in person, when we traveled to "The Outlawz" Retreat in Baltimore, in 2012! We keep in touch all the time via email and try to catch up with a phone call every so often, which is even nicer! She's a wonderful person and has become a dear friend to me! Thank you Pat, it's such a pleasure to know you and I always enjoy keeping in touch and sharing our love of crafts and pups!
Now, I'm heading out to enjoy some of the warm sun, before it goes away and the rain arrives. Tomorrow, I have a totally free day and plan to spend it ALL in my craft room. I have some new DT projects to work on and also want to play in some of my favorite challenges! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment