In the meantime I am working on some cards and my first card was created and inspired for this week's Copic Coloring Challenge over at SSC. Our challenge this week is to incorporate a second coloring medium into our project, along with our Copics. I started with this cute new snowman digi, which is from StampFairy, in case you can't guess--I've become a StampFairy addict and just love the adorable images. And, now that I found out they are ALL on sale -- YES, every digi is now 50% off !! -- I had to add a few more to my collection! I have not colored them all yet, but I am working on them and having a ton of fun!
I colored part of my image with my Copics and then choose a very pretty 'Winter Frost' paint from Inspirations Paints, to use to color the actual snowman. I used another medium for the actual snow and wanted something with lots of dimension, so I used a Glitter Liner by Viva Decor, which can you also find over at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. My third medium was some 'Sparkling Ice' ultra fine Glitter from Great Impressions and I used the glitter for the snowballs.
My papers are one of my new favorites for the seasons and are from the Winter Joy Collection by Bo Bunny. They are all my favorite colors and I just LOVE them. I also have the matching brads and tag set. My lilac cardstock I found on clearance last month from Stampin' Up and I used a snowflake themed Cuttlebug embossing folder to add some dimension to the paper. My deep purple ribbon was part of a gift box of Ribbons that my dear friend Colleen sent me after a recent trip she made to a super Ribbon Warehouse! WOOHOO!
In the end I had this cute new card, which will be added to my Christmas pile and also submitted to a variety of challenges, outlined below. I hope you'll enjoy it !!
- The Craft Pad - Challenge # 99 - Snowflakes
- Simply Scrapping Crafts - Copic Color Challenge - New Medium
- Crafty Calender - Challenge # 14 - Winter Snowflake
- I Did it Creations - Surprise Me Challenge - :)
- 2 Sisters Challenges - Challenge 15 - Non Traditional Christmas Colors
- Christmas Stamping - Challenge # 72 - Anything Goes
- Totally PaperCrafts - Non-Traditional Christmas Colors
And this is my take on the sketch, which I flipped for my card.
My digi is from Pink Cat Studio and this cutie is Itty Bitty Betty, in her Christmas Tree Costume!! She is one of the very first digi images I bought, just abut a year ago. I enjoy coloring this digi and have created with her several times. I hope you'll enjoy her and that I have inspired you to create some fun new cards. I'm submitting her to these fun challenges and welcome everyone to join the fun!
- Simply Scrapping Crafts - Card Corner Challenge -Sketch
- Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog - Merry Christmas
- One Stop Craft Challenge Blog - Christmas Cuties
- Crafty Catz - Challenge # 60 - Christmas
- Totally Gorjuss - Challenge # 58 - Oh Christmas Tree
Have a nice day and Happy Crafting!!





12 comments:
Hi this is so cute thanks for joining us at the crafty pad this week, I hope you can join in our special 100th challenge next week hugs maxine x
super cute image and I love the nontraditional Christmas colors! Thanks for playing at IDIC this week!
Brilliant card thanks for joining crafty catz
What sweet cards Lisa!!! Congrats as well for winning my blog candy....contact me soon;)
Gorgeous cards Lisa :-) i love the snowman ,, so cute and little betty is lovely too :-)
thanks for joining us on the TPC Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x
you could enter the snowman into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge too :-) x
Gorgeous cards Lisa! your colors are so bright and fun! Thank you for stopping by my blog with your sweet comments!
Hugs, Tammy :o)
I love the cards Thank you for joining us at IDIC
What a lovely card, the sparkly stars look great. Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx
P.S Please feel free to enter my blog candy...
http://www.blog.onestopcardcrafts.co.uk/2010/11/blog-candy.html
Two lovely cards, I do like that cute girly image. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x
Lisa! First of all you are more than welcome for the ribbon! While I was at the outlet my thoughts were constantly with you, every where I looked I saw the color purple and so you are never very far from me for purple is everywhere!! Your fun cards are simply adorable!! I love the colors and the sparkle on those stars are amazing! Love them! Hugzzzzz x0x0x0x0
Oh goodness ~ What an adorable card, Lis!!! I really love all the glitter, looks like snow for sure!
Congrats, I see you won over at Crafty Catz!
Tammylee
Post a Comment