Friday, November 19, 2010

Woohoo! I won a Challenge!

   I wanted to share some FUN news and that is that I won a prize as part of the Big Birthday Celebration over at Teddy Stampers!   My special thanks to Teddy Stampers and also to The Cutting Cafe for the prize!   YIPPEE!!  

  The card I created for this challenge is this cute little Bear Hugs card and my little bear is 'Wink' from Pixie Dust Studio.


   I'm very thankful to my friend Colleen, of A Cards Delight, who is encouraged me to take part in the challenge and also introduced me to Teddy Stampers!  Thanks Colleen, you are an angel and a dear friend.   I'm also proud to have met Sharon, of Sharon's Kardz Korner, through Colleen and Sharon is also a member of wonderful Design Team at Teddy Stampers.  Both of these wonderful ladies and fantastic card-makers and have amazing talent.  I hope you'll stop by their blogs and say hello.

   I'd also like to invite you all to hop on over to Teddy Stampers and join in the current challenge, which is a sketch challenge!  I copied over the sketch (below) to share with you and I am planning to get to work on a card this weekend to play along.  The them for this challenge is 'Bling it On' and as always, please be sure to use a Teddy Bear in your design.  If you need some inspiration you'll find it HERE from the Design Team!!
  I'm off now to finish up two cards I am currently working on for challenges over at SSC.  I have one card done, for the Stamp and Scrap Challenge and now I'm working on my second card for the Color Combo Challenge.   After that, I'll be working on this next and again invite you ALL to join us!  
   
   My thanks again to Teddy Stampers for all the FUN, to The Cutting Corner for the awesome prize and to Colleen for inspiring me to join in! 

   Update:  I am back to share two of the cards I finished up for the challenges over at SSC.  My first card is for the Stamp & Scrap Challenge and our challenge was to create a Christmas Card and use lace of ribbon somewhere on our card.  For my card I used lace and a pretty digi image from A Day for Daisies.  

    My card was also inspired and is being submitted to these fun challenges --
      My second card was created for this Week's Color Combo Challenge over at SSC and our theme was to use a variety of tan and brown shades and also use twine somewhere on our card.

  
   And now I am off to work on my card for the Teddy Stampers Challenge!  I hope everyone is having a great day and looking forward to a nice weekend!!!  HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

5 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful cards Lisa, the one with the flower I had a hard time not looking at it to write a comment! ;) I have to go look again now!

Trina said...

Congrats Lisa! You teddy bear card has the perfect colors... You did a great job on all of these.

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks Girls!

They were both fun cards to make, and "Wink" has been in my digi collection for a long time! He makes me smile! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards and congrats on your win ! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge. Sue C x

Jane said...

WOW! three gorgeous cards!! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".