Sunday, May 18, 2014

Best Class --- EVER!!!

....and for me this is HUGE, since I am such a fan of classes and have taken many over the years since I started cardmaking.   Most of you know that I LOVE taking the card classes over at the Online Card Classroom and have happily had the opportunity to have taken EVERY class that Jennifer & Kristina have offered.   I have lost count, at this point, but I can say that I have truly enjoyed each and every class and am always blown away and how much I have learned in them all.


   I will also admit, that I wasn't sure how I would like a Watercolor Class, but knowing it such a popular trend in card-making, and knowing I could never pass up at class at the OCC, I was happy to enroll, when it was first announced.   In never dreamed, I would LOVE it as much as I have and that I would actually call it my most LOVED class ever....and again, that's high praise from someone who takes as many classes as I have.

   If you have never taken a class over the classroom, I highly recommend you start, whether it be today or next week, but this is the place for online classes and they are so worth every penny and also very affordable.   If you want to take my all time favorite, then you'll want to start with the Watercolor Class, but I'm also pretty certain, you'll love them all!!   I haven't touched watercolors, since back in grade school, but I can say now that I'll be using them more and more and have a whole new love of this color medium.  I have already suggested that the team start putting together a follow up class "Watercolor II" or and maybe even more and you can bet I'll be there.
 
   I am only sorry that the class ended up being during a VERY busy time of year for me, otherwise, I think I would have spend the entire past two weeks, creating new Watercolor cards, or simply taking time to practice ALL of the new techniques I have learned.  There is so much jam packed into this class, that I know it will keep me busy for weeks to come and that's very exciting.

  Today, I have two new cards to share, both of which were created using inspiration and techniques from the class.

   This first one was created to be a birthday card for a friend, who I will be celebrating with this week.  The technique from this class is one I used earlier in the week, and it's a basic background that I created with a variety of pink and purple watercolor paints, all on a watercolor base that I masked off to create the center rectangle.  My awesome birthday sentiment is from Mama Elephant which is one of the newer stamp companies that I'm growing to love more and more.  I totally LOVE these large script sentiments and think this one worked perfect for my card.  I actually have placed my watercolor piece inside a "window" I created using a black card-base.  I finished off my card, by highlighting the sentiment with a "Black" Wink of Stella Marker and added on some matching "Fuchsia and Black" sequins.


  And my next card is another Flower card that would work out wonderfully for our "How Does your Garden Grow" Linky party being hosted currently on the a2z Scrapbooking Blog.  Don't forget to link up your cards for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to the a2z Store, where you find the wonderful new Hero Arts Stamp Set "Hello Sunshine Daisies" that I used for this card.   I created my "own daisy" using separate elements from the set and also used the "Hello Sunshine" sentiment.  It's one of my new sets from the Starry Nights collection, and you'll find even more at the store.   Plus, for being one of my blog followers, I have a special "Promo Code" which you can use to save 15% OFF your order of $25.00 and up (excluding shipping).  Simply enter LISAH15 in the promo code box during checkout to be eligible for the discount and the best part is that you can use it more than once, as long as each order is $25 and up and you can also use it for any of the brand NEW products, including some new "Avery Elle" goodies that we are now introducing, as well the as new Hero Arts Release!!  WOOHOO!!


  I'm heading back to my desk now and see what else I might be able to finish before dinner.  In the meantime, I can't say enough about the awesome Watercolor Class and believe me, I'm not the only one, who has totally LOVED it!!     Stay tuned for more cards and some extra fun and exciting news this week and have fun while you are shopping over at a2z.   Don't forge to grab the Promo Code and save some money on your craft goodies!!

6 comments:

Scrapthat said...

I would agree! It's been a GREAT class Lisa! I have loved every day of class! You simple can't go wrong with Online Card classes! ALWAYS worth the price for sure!!

ThePurplePlace said...

I believe that we are NOT alone and that there are several very happy students will can't wait for a second Watercolor Class to be posted! I'll sign up without a doubt and HOPE it comes sooner than later! I am one of the great fans of the OCC and hope to be one of their "Forever Students". It's well worth every penny and then some! :) See you tomorrow and good luck on the prize drawings!!

Unknown said...

I am in love with your daisy card! The color combo is awesome. I loved the class too and wished we had more time:)

Ann said...

Beautiful cards Lis; glad you're loving watercolor, it's my very favorite medium. Have fun! :0)

Dawn T said...

gorgeous cards Lisa. I too think this is the BEST class ever... Love it.

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous cards Lisa, and I have to agree. I have taken 10 or so classes...not all but this is my favorite second was the stencil class. Back to your cards, the colors you used are perfect and I am looking forward to see more of your creations.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".