| Watercolor for Cardmakers |
Now, as is always the case with any of these fabulous online classes, I can't share all the new ideas or techniques with you, or any of the exact class content, as that of course of Copyright protected and provided for those who are enrolled in each class! But, I can say, that if you love online classes, love the style of Jennifer McGuire, Kristina Werner and many of the groups they design with, then you will LOVE this class and you still have plenty on time to enroll and not miss even one day!! If you want to join, just go HERE to to the main classroom, select the Watercolor class and sign up!
I'm sharing three new cards today and each one was created based on some of the techniques, ideas and tips I learned from today's videos and the awesome designers who created them especially for class. Jennifer Rzasa is fabulous with Watercolors and she has already put a lot of time into this class and shared so many great tips and hints all about watercolors and the types etc., before class began. I really love her teaching and also am loving the brand new stamp line "Altenew" that she and Tasnim Ahmed, recently introduced to the crafting world!
This is the first card I created today and it is roughly based on the ideas that Jennifer shared with us. I used a new set of really pretty inexpensive watercolors that I had picked up from Amazon and along with some Strathmore watercolor paper that I had in my stash. My stencil is from from Hero Arts and is called "Tweed Pattern" and I also used a fun set of Paper Smooches stamps for my sentiment and black ink spots. Of course, I quickly learned why some watercolors are better than others and why using the cheaper brands may not be your best choice if you find your LOVE to create in this style. I have other sets and had picked this one up, because I loved the purples/pinks, but they did not show up all that well on my paper! You see a LOT more pink, than purple, which is pretty, but was not the initial color scheme I was hoping for.
For me next card, I used Ranger's Distress Inks, which I always love because of how wonderfully they react with Water and on this card I used a sheet of Ranger's own watercolor paper and a very intricate new stencil by Memory Box called Flourish!! I also added on a die cut butterfly that was also water-colored and stenciled, in a class I had taken previously. I also added a "thank you" sentiment, from the "Messages with Flourish", Hero Arts Set, and heat embossed it in white, however it's not showing well, so I think I will cover it with some matching paper red or lavender paper and then re-stamp my sentiment. I'll share an update after I have that done.
And now for my final card for today, which is my favorite, and also the one that was the easiest to create. Go Figure? This was very much based on the card that Laura shared in her Video, which I knew I loved from the moment I saw it. It too was created using Distress Inks and this time, I knew it would work best if I chose 'deep/darker' ink shades, which is what I did. I also added in some shimmer by misting my ink with Perfect Pearls mist versus water and again used some Ranger Watercolor paper. Once it was done and dried, I cut it down and matted it onto a piece of black cardstock and then added it to a yellow "Hero Hues Sunshine" card base! I finished it off with some black sequins and added my sentiment, which is from Winnie and Walter and was stamped in black Versafine ink.
Now, I am heading back to my desk to work some more backgrounds, while I still have everything out. I'm also going to fix the sentiment (in some way) on the second card, so that it shows better!! I'm also going to be adding my cards to the Student Gallery and can't wait to see what everyone else created today!!
Be sure to stop by again tomorrow, as I plan to work on Day Two projects, after I get back from my Chiro adjustment! I also have more news to share this week and it's pretty special, so stay tuned for the details.
13 comments:
I love your third card! I just received that W&W stamp set in the mail and now I have a new idea for how to use it!! :)
Looks like you are acing this class so far, Lisa. These are very pretty.
Well, I see you've been a busy girl! GORGEOUS cards, Lisa! I love how you added perfect pearls to your misting, and the W&W sentiment on your last card is over the top fabulous! Awesome job with your stencils, too! Looks like this class is going to be amazing...once again!
Fabulous cards Lisa. I managed to get one done today but I'll be busy later with more. Then I will upload to share with everyone.
fun cards Lisa - lovin' this class too!!
Wow, you've been working hard! Your cards have turned out great--I like every one of them. So glad to see you in this class, too! Keep up the good work!
Wonderful cards Lisa, you ROCKED that last one.
Great homework, Lisa!! I love your cards!! I need to get back to it as I've only done two of them so far ... Hugs, Darnell
Lisa, you are on a roll! Beautiful color choices...great designs!
Wow, Lisa! You really did your homework and deserve an A+ for trying the different techniques!
Isn't it fun getting inky?
Wonderful job, Lisa! As always, it's a pleasure to be in class with you!
Your cards turned out wonderfully! I especially love the last one. I also want to tell you that I really enjoyed reading what you had to say. I really struggled with that part of blogging and you so naturally express yourself. :) Traci
I just love the vibrance of the background! Nicely done.
Post a Comment