This is my card, which was created in my theme color, which is Purple, of course! I created it using a fun In-lay technique that I actually learned from taking one of the fabulous card classes over at the Online Card Classroom. The name of this die is "Tall Flowers", and it's from the newest Mothers and Fathers 2014 Exclusive Release!
To create this in-lay look, I first cut the flowers from the deep purple cardstock, and put that cut aside, (I'll use it for a second card later). I then cut it again, this time from white cardstock, which I then placed t into the negative (open) space from the purple cardstock. I then layered that onto a piece of Simon's fabulous Woodgrain cardstock, and cut a second purple layer to go under it. I used my MFT mini scallop die to cut the in the mini scallops on the edge of that piece and then added all the pieces on to a nice white card base, created with Neenah's fabulous 110# Cardstock. My "Hello" sentiment is from a wonderful new Stamp line called, Winnie and Walter and I used Hero's Grape Juice Shadow ink, to match the purple. I used pop dots to add that on top of my die cut section and finished off the card with some matching purple gems which was added to the flower centers. It was a really fun and enjoyable card to create!
Now it's your turn and just think, you could be the very lucky winner of a fabulous $50 Gift Card to Simon Says Stamp. What are you waiting for, you know you have lots of die cuts and you know you'd love to win, so grab your favorite dies, some pretty paper and start working on your card. Good Luck!!
Oh, and have you been to the NEW store yet? --- WOW! Isn't is awesome! Clearly, Heidi and her team put in a lot of time and effort, and it really shows. I love the new store makeover and find it very easy to quickly find whatever new goodies I'm looking to add to my stash. I'll look forward to see you over at the Challenge Blog and maybe doing some Shopping at the store, either way, I hope you have a great time -- Happy Crafting and Happy Shopping!
12 comments:
This is very pretty!
Beautiful card Lisa! Love the purple and white and the pretty die cut flowers!
hugs...
This is a gorgeous card, Lisa! :) I love the CAS design and the pretty colors. Thank you for being our Designer in the Spotlight this month. Xo
Gorgeous card Lisa :-) I love the purple and white together, such a striking combination and the inlaid flower die cut looks fabulous ! :-) I have this die and haven't used it yet ,,, must do that asap :-)
luv
Lols x x x
Gorgeous card, Lisa! I love the PURPLE of course :)
*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!
Congrats on your DT work again! This card is so pretty, and a great use of that die! Love the purple too! (wink!)
Another gorgeous card, Lisa! I love your inlaid die cut flowers...perfect in your 'signature color' and your sentiment is fabulous, too!
Congrats Lisa!!! So excited for you! Gorgeous card my friend!!! Hope all is well!
A stunning card Lisa, a fabulous design and gorgeous purple........ I love the woodgrain and cut through the beautiful flowers!!
hugs
Heather xx
hi Lisa, I am thrilled you are with us this month....luv this card, super sweet! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
sparkle & shine *~*
Hello, my purple-loving friend! So glad you did a card for us in your signature color - love it!
Thank to you ALL for the wonderful comments! It's been such a pleasure for me to be in the Spotlight this Month at Simon Says Stamp. I'm a big fan of the challenges and of course in shopping at the store. I love my Monthly Card kits and also tend to LOVE all the SSS Exclusives! They ROCK!! See you all next week -- Keep on creating!!
Post a Comment