Thursday, August 14, 2014

Happy Hello...

...A happy hello to you this afternoon!  How are you doing?  I'm having another delightful day, the sun is back out, the humidity is gone, the dogs are happy and having fun being outside again and I'm also spending more time creating, which always makes my day.

    I'm also thrilled to have my new Silhouette Cameo and I've already put it to use today to help me create some of my new cards.  I can say already that there is definitely a difference in this machine, versus my original.  First or all, it cuts better (Yippee) and it also has a totally different sounds when it is cutting and also seems to be a bit faster.  To me, that already has me even more convinced that my original machine was a lemon and oh how I wish I could get Silhouette to agree.  If I could get it fixed and knew it would work well I could donate it to someone who otherwise could never buy one or even donate it the one of the Dachshund Rescues.  But, of now, I have packed it up and we'll likely sent it off to "Cameo" heaven when Hubby makes the trash run this weekend.
 
      I am also a bit sad, knowing that tomorrow is the last day of the fabulous Stretch Your Stamps 2 Class.  We do have another week to add projects the Gallery and/or ask questions in the forum, but tomorrow will be the last new less and that's always a bummer!  You love the classes so much that you hate seeing them come to an end!!   Today, was is Day 10 and again the class focused on using "build-able" stamp sets and I have a new card to share that I not only created for class, but also created as my entry into this weeks' MUSE Challenge.   Today, I used three different stamp set to create my card and the theme, and color scheme pretty much came from the Muse inspiration card below, which is another of Therese's fabulous creations.
Muse

Muse Challenge #80

My Card
   I started my card with a deep pink panel and started stamping first with this wonderful set, which is the same one, "Spring Blooms" I used yesterday, by WPlus9.  I combined that with two more sets of florals, this one, "Favorite Flowers" from Simon Says Stamp and this one, "Flower Garden CL778" from Hero Arts, which also contains the sentiment, I chose for this card.  I used a variety of inks, but started most of my flowers which this fabulous Unicorn White ink.  I then used an assortment of Hero's Shadow Inks to add color and also their black ink for my sentiment.   I finished off my card by layering it onto a black notecard and added some pink dots from Stampin' Up.

  For my next card, this is where I really put my Silhouette to use, but admit, that the first couple of cuts, were not all that great and that's when I determined I would change my blade and try again and that seemed to solve the problem.  I do feel that the blades don't hold up very long, as that's kind of a bummer, but now that I can buy them and mats from a2z Scrapbooking Store, it's a whole lot easier and I love that I get them so quickly.  I also have my discount, and you too can use my Design Team Promo Code - LISAH15 - to save 15% off any of your purchases.  All you need to do is spend $25 or more (before shipping) and enter the code during the check it and it will automatically deduct the 15%.   Be sure to check out some of the new goodies in stock, in addition to the cutting mats and blades, we now had the fabulous "Wink of Stella" and Wink of Luna glitter pens that I LOVE!!

   This card was actually created with two different challenges in mind.  The first is the new "Shaped Card" Challenge being hosted over on Virginia's View and the second is the new "Summertime Fun" themed challenge being hosted on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.  Both challenges are open to all and I hope you'll stop over and see the wonderful inspiration that each one has to offer.  

  Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

My Card

  I don't know about you, but around here "Watermelon" is very much a summer fruit and it's also one I Love.  I love to but them and simply cut up a big bowlful and keep it nice and cool in the fridge.  Whenever I even think about Watermelon I also think about Summer and that's which I thought this fun little card would work out perfectly for both challenges.   I cute the watermelon pieces with my Cameo and then put them together to make this cute card  I also added the "yum" sentiment and tied on the black and white polka dotted ribbon.  This watermelon has those big black seeds, luckily now, they also have "seedless watermelon", my favorite, although it isn't exactly totally seedless, but the smaller white seeds are a whole lot better than the big black ones, I remember so well.  I actually added a coat of 3d Crystal Lacquer to these seeds to make them have extra shine and dimension!!  Now, of course, I want some watermelon, but we are out?  Hopefully, they'll have some nice fresh ones in the grocery store tomorrow!

   My final card today, is another Challenge inspired card and this one is for the brand new challenge over at Cas(E) This Sketch, which is another of my favorites and one I have missed out on for the last couple of weeks, while in class and also working on DT Projects.  I'm happy to be playing again today and will start by sharing this week's Sketch in the hopes that you too, will play along.

CTS #88

My Card

   This card was very fun to make and I again use my Silhouette to design the top piece of the card, which is the area that has the cut out circles.  I started by creating a 4" x 5 1/4" rectangle on my cutting mat and then added the circles, pretty much in the same location as the sketch.  I then used the "Modify" Function to "Subtract" the overlapping part of the two circles on the edges, which then subtracts the pieces of the circle that hang over the edge.  Super easy and just one of the many amazing things you can do with this machine.   I also have learned a LOT from taking Silhouette Classes, and is you are interested in doing the same, I highly recommend the classes offered by Kerri Bradford!  .  I then decided that I wanted to create my sentiment also using my Silhouette and picked out this cute, "Love Circle" from my Library.  It's one of the many cut files that you can find in the Silhouette Store.  I happen to have a Premium Subscription to the store and for $15 a month, I get a store credit of $150 dollars to use for new shapes!   The current price is now $19.99, but you buy it NOW on SALE, just like I did.    All store subscriptions are currently 20% off using promo code AUGUST and that sale ends on 8/19/14, so hurry on over if you are interested in buying one!  I've had a store subscription since I had my first Silhouette and feel it's well worth the money.   It's good for any online shape/font purchases and even works on clearance and sale shapes.  It's a great way to build you library.  And once you've learned more about creating and editing your own files, you can also edit your purchased files to make them work anyway you desire!

   And that's it for today my friends, as the pups are getting restless and it's just about dinnertime too!  I hope you all had a nice day and are looking forward to a nice weekend.   I will be off tomorrow, doing all kinds of fun things --- and some not so fun things, like a dentist appointment.  But, we'll also be heading out to Dinner tomorrow night with a group of long time friends and it's something I always look forward to.  We'll be going to a favorite place that has yummy seafood and you can get that's exactly what I'll be ordering!   Have a great night and I'll be back over the weekend with some final class cards and more challenge cards too!!

16 comments:

Betty said...

love all the cards today Lisa - especially the pink flower one!

Lisa Lara said...

Love your watermelon Lisa.

Anonymous said...

Your cards are amzing Lisa, love the mix of flowers that you have used on the hello card, WOW!

Jacqueline said...

Your pink flower card is delightful!

Michelle said...

Amazing cards! Wow! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Deepti said...

These are all so pretty :) I like the water melon a lot, so adorable !

Virginia L. said...

Your watermelon card is yummy yum yum, Lisa! I love everything about it! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Shape Card Challenge!

Karen Mead said...

All your cards are gorgeous Lisa - and your muse card looks stunning! xx

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards! I especially like your card for the CTS sketch -- so pretty!

Ardyth said...

Love all of these Lisa! I love the 'abundant' feeling of all the beautiful flowers on your Muse card - so glad you joined us!

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVe the RICHNESS of your muse card, STUNNING!!!!!!!!

Inkyfingers said...

What a great collection of cards Lisa and the take on the Muse card is wonderful - so vibrant. I also really like your fun watermelon card and I'm glad that you have had success with your new Silhouette Cameo. Thanks for the tip about the Kerri Bradford classes!
Hugs
Carol x

Neets B said...

What a great collection. I love your muse card, those clusters of blooms are beautiful :)

debby4000 said...

What a gorgeous selection of cards, love the your pink muse card and the watermelon card is sooooo clever.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful cards, Lisa! You do all styles so well! I love your happy take on the sketch!
Thanks, always, for joining us at CASE this Sketch!

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks so much Donna --- coming from you that comment means a LOT! I'm so happy and excited that you'll be joining the Hero Arts Team ! Way to go -- what a wonderful opportunity! I'm so happy for Cheiron too! Two gals I know well for the Hero Group!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".