On top of that exciting stuff, I've also enjoyed spending this very wet and rainy day over at the Online Card Classroom, where I've had lots of time to catch up in the Stretch Your Stamps 2 Class. I have now watch every video and downloaded all the class PDF files and even had time to work on a card I'm sharing now. It's also one of my favorite cards from the entire class. Today is Day 9 and today we focused on using "Build-able" Stamp sets and I was so inspired by the cards the designers shared today, especially Yana Smakula and Dawn Woleslagle, (who also happens to also be the owner and creator of Wplus9). I also loved what Julie and Jennifer shared and every card and video today was so inspiring and taught me so much -- it was such a great day in class too! A Cry Happy Day for me!!
My card is was inspired be each of the designers and all of the techniques and inspiration they shared today. If you are a student in class, I think you'll see that I combined some of Yana's ideas with those of Dawn and put them together to make a card all my own! If you are still thinking of taking this class, or plan to take it down the road, I highly recommend it and also suggest you check out the "Featured Stamps List", as those the ten stamps sets, that are the primary stamps featured in this class. Every one of the designers had those sets to work with and they will amaze you with what they have created and the techniques they use to get the look they desire! Of course, you do NOT have to purchase these exact set and once you do enroll you'll find a wonderful video that Jennifer shared that will also help you pick out sets that you may have in your stash, that would work equally as well in class! I did buy a couple new sets, but for the most part, I used that I had or already owned many of the stamp styles that were used!
For today's card I chose to use a new set that I bought specifically for class and it's this set, by WPlus9 called Spring Blooms. There is even a matching die set that you can purchase to go along with this set, if you like having the combo sets. . It's also one that seems to be very popular and I can now see why. I have to admit that I have a few of these types of sets, but never really figured out exactly how to use them, but know, after today's class, I finally do and I'm thrilled about that, because I really love the looks of the cards your can make! I also love the card that Jennifer shared and know I will trying that technique too!
My Card
I am so happy with how this turned out, because I have never used these type of sets before, as they always kind of intimidated me. Yet, I always loved the look, but really wasn't sure exactly how to use them. I'm also loving being back in my purple mode and feel in love with a pretty "Purple" craft mat that "Yana" had in her class videos. As soon as I saw it, I sent her a message on her blog and asked her where she ever found a purple mat and in a matter of minutes she was so kind to reply. As it turns out she bought hers from the UK division of Amazon, but it seems they are no longer made! They were made by Dove-craft, but after spending some time searching this morning I've yet to find one! If anyone does EVER see a nice "Purple" mat, please let me know, as it would be something I would love and I do need to get a new mat, sooner that later, after getting some glue stuck on mine!!
I also want to thank Yana for the fabulous videos she shared in the class today. I really learned a lot from what she shared and also found Dawn's Video and card to be amazing. And we also have even more today from Julie Ebersole and Jennifer!! Pretty cool Huh? Now, you can see just WHY I love these classes so much. They are jam packed full of videos, tutorials and amazing inspiration by these fabulous designers!
And that's going to be it for today, but now that I feel really can come up with so many other cards with this stamp style, it's as if I have a whole new selection of stamps to create with! Now, I'm going to set up my Cameo and see how it works! I'm hoping it works just as it should and that I do not have any more cutting problems and that I can now also easily make new Print and Cut Files! Stay tuned for updates and have a wonderful evening!!
If you are looking for my a2z post for today, please scroll down to the next post and it'll be right there!!

8 comments:
I like the black background for this technique, very unique!
Thanks Justine -- Its' actually a very Deep Purple (plum) shade, which just happens to be my favorite color. I did think about trying black too!!
WOW!! gorgeous card - love it!!
Beautiful job Lisa!! This is so striking - I love how you combined different ideas from class to create your own card!
Very pretty. You did a great job combining the different techniques.
Wow, Lisa, this is so striking ... love the cascade of blooms and leaves against the oh so dramatic dark background! Anita :)
Lisa, you should make this into your blog banner somehow; it is so you! Love how it turned out, and you've inspired me to try one in blue! GORGEOUS, girl!
I wish I knew how!!! I'm loving this class and NOW have a whole new love of build-able stamp sets...could be trouble!! LOL! Looking forward to seeing your bLue version, I did a vibrant Pink one today!!
Post a Comment