I'm playing catch up in the "Stretch Your Stamps 2" class and happy to have a few new cards to share. I've had a busy week and having to rush around and do things, nothing fun -- has a put a limit on my class and crafting time and that's been a bummer. The worst of it was having to go to the RMV yesterday and wait over an hour to get my license renewed. I guess if there is ever an upside to a visit and wait at the RMV, it's not too bad when there is an A. C. Moore Store, right next door and that's where I tried to spend most of my wait. I also did well and only picked up a few things I really needed --- Watercolor paper (all on sale), some cutting plates for my Vagabond, some paint brushes, for watercolors techniques and then some more Poly beads to make my own enamel dots. I even 'baked' my first batch yesterday and they came out pretty well. I picked up some beads with a pearlescent look and some that are more translucent and also some in a smaller size, so that I can make some smaller ones too! Kudos to my friend, Barb for sharing her "recipe" and also for linking me to a couple of videos on You Tube! If this something you're interested in doing, you'll find lots of great videos on You Tube! I used the "Pony Beads", but you can also use Perlier beads too!
Today, I went to visit Alex and Acacia (my son and his soon to be fiancee), in their "new" home and had some fun hanging out with them for a couple hours this morning. They've really accomplished quite a bit (they are painting), and making the place their own. I like what they've done and it's looking nice. Alex was also working with Acacia's Dad to install some fencing, so they have a nice safe fenced little area, for Acacia's dog, Mylee, who is a beautiful soft and very fluffy Keeshond. She looks a lot like this image, that I just happened to find on Google! They also now have Alex's ferrets living there too (Yay), I did love watching them play and they are sweet little animals, but they can be stinky and that I do not miss!
After I got home, I hit my craft room to get back on task in the class and have now completed three new cards, but must admit that I'm NOT really loving the first two. Days 3 and 4 in class focused on using Sentiments and Alphabet Stamps in some very fun and interesting new ways. I am not a big alpha fan, so I really don't have any of those sets and while I did like what I saw in class, it's still not likely I would buy those types of stamps. On the other hand, I LOVE sentiment stamps and those are something I still enjoy buying, especially those with very fun and unique fonts or those that have saying I really like. This first card is one of the new "Sentiment" cards that I created and it's my favorite of the two.
For this card I chose to use a Happy Birthday stamp (Hero Arts - It's Your Day), to create a fun background, which I did in a tone on tone look, using a lilac background and soft lilac shadow ink. I then added that to a black notecard and used the same layering paper to create a banner to go across the the card, where I stamped on my Hero Arts - You're So Kind" "Happy Birthday" sentiment, in black ink to match my card base. I matted that onto my black paper and added that along with a few purple sequins to my card and it was done. It certainly was a fast an easy card to create, but it's not a favorite! But, I definitely like it better than the next one, where I had the idea of using a variety of Sentiments (stamps and die cuts) in what I think of as a Subway Art style to create an entire card front, all full of words. Unfortunately, it didn't come at all like I had hoped, but I may try this idea again! This one is heading to the recycle bin!
Moving on, I have one more card to share today and this card was created using "Outline Stamps" which are the stamp types that Day 5 and 6 in class focused on. For a full list of the stamp types and class schedule, you can go over to the Online Card Classroom here! And this class still has another full week, so if you have seen lots of cards around and have been hearing lots about this -- you still have time to join the fun and be part of the "Interactive Class". Of course, these classes are lifetime classes, so you can always sign up at a later date too! I LOVE taking them when they come out, because I love the interaction between the other students, adding cards to the Gallery and also have the Forum to ask questions. Oh and of course, the chance of winning even ONE of the fabulous prizes that are given out in each class! And this one is again one that I am truly enjoying. My favorite day so far, has been today!! I absolutely LOVE every card and video that was shared in today's class!! Oh my -- Awesome is an understatement and the inspiration is fabulous!! If you are one of the students, I'll bet you agree. I would have a really hard time picking a favorite and now have so many new ideas. I also LOVED the card that Shari Carroll shared yesterday and the best part of all is that ALL the designers are working with the same set of stamps, and that's this set called Fresh Flowers by Clearly Besotted, which I did buy, after seeing it on the class supply list! It's a gorgeous set of floral images and just seeing what these gals have done with these wonderful stamps, is well worth taking this class!!
And that brings me to my first "Outline Stamp" card and I am using one of the pretty floral stamps from that "Fresh Flowers" set. I decided I wanted to use "watercolors" to color my image and now that I'm all stocked up with lots of Watercolor paper, it was the perfect time. I stamped my image directly to my Watercolor Paper and then heat embossed it in white. Then, using my Sakura Watecolor set, I colored in my flowers, drying between layers and using the water coloring skills I learned in the Watercolor for Cardmakers Class -- my ALL TIME favorite class! Love Love Love!! I had initially also colored by background, but then decided to cut out my image, and use it along with lots of fun layers of paper to complete my card. I also added some "Gems" to the center of each flower and coated the entire image with a mist of Perfect Pearls for some sparkle and shine.
| Fresh Flowers - by Clearly Besotted |
This is my favorite card, by far --- I love the image, I used "Purple", my favorite color and I also now love all the fun things I can do with watercolors. I am submitting this card to the following challenges --
- Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Make It Sparkle
- CASology Challenge - Cue Word - Stripe
- Sharing at the Stretch Your Stamps 2 - Card Gallery
Before I go, I want to INVITE you all to join me as I host tomorrow's 90-Minute Scramble over at the Hero Arts Flickr Group. It will be starting at 1:30 PM EDT, and I already have a fun theme picked out. It's OPEN to all. If you are not currently a member of the group, it's free to join and a great place for those who love Hero Arts Products. There will be two prizes, both chosen by Random Drawing at the end of the Scramble. The first prize will be a $25.00 Gift Certificate to the a2z Scrapbooking Store and the second prize will be Digital prize donated by Hero Arts.
I also want to remind you all there is still plenty of time to join our "Encouragement" Challenge this month over that the a2z Scrapbooking Blog. You can find a wonderful variety of inspiration and has been shared by the new Design Team. If you are heading to the a2z Store to for some shopping, please remember that you can use my Design Team Promo Code - LISAH15 - which takes 15% any order of $25 and up (excluding shipping), on any products in the store -- including our SALE goodies and the brand new Hero Arts Digital line!! Woohoo!
Just think, you could be the lucky winner of two certificates, one from me if you are the lucky winner of my Scramble tomorrow and maybe a second one, if you play and win in our challenge on the a2z blog! Just remember in both cases, you MUST use at least ONE Hero Arts stamp or digital product to be eligible to win. More details on this can be found on the store blog and will be posted in the Scramble instructions tomorrow at 1:30 PM! Hope you see you there!!
Now, I'm waiting patiently for 9:30 to help my oldest dog "Scout" stay calm through the Fireworks that are being featured in our little town tonight for "Illumination Night". As much as I love the idea, and love seeing all the lanterns all over town, it's dreadful to see my dog so scared and upset! He absolutely hates them and with these being so close to home, it's a challenge. I have tried him in a "Thundershirt" which does help some, used "calming spray" and find the best thing I can do is simply get down on the floor with him, try to distract him and keep on telling him, it's okay!! It's really awful seeing him in such distress, I just HOPE he doesn't end up with a seizure, as he also has a history of them, but does take medication. If you are dog owner and you have any tips on keeping a dog comforted during thunderstorm or fireworks, please tell me how how you do it. Thankfully, Skye and Zeva do not mind them, but they tend to get a bit upset seeing Scout stressed. He barks, paces, pants, shakes and just can NOT relax-- it'll be a very long 30 minutes and it's such a bummer to see him this way, especially on a night that is really a lot of fun for so many others!



10 comments:
Saw your card through the OCC gallery....your watercolor flower card is GORGEOUS! I am hoping to try that technique tomorrow...Thanks for sharing!!
Love your card, I also saw it in the gallery and really love it!
Love, love, love your purple watercolored flower card! It is stunning! Hugs, Pat
Your card jumped out at me from the gallery. I was hoping someone would use that stamp and actually color it. Great job and hope your dog was OK. Have been there before!
Thank you Jessica -- I love the class and if you didn't already take their Watercoloring for Card-makers Class, I HIGHLY recommend it. I have taken EVERY class at OCC and so far, it has been my ALL TIME favorite!!
Thanks so much! I think the Galley is one of my favorite parts of class, so many awesome cards!
Thanks Pat --- you're very kind!
Thank you Valerie! I loved coloring this and will do more in different colors now too! Thankfully, Scout is okay, but it was a LONG night...starting with people locally lighting off their own firecrackers etc. Then the Fireworks and then more of the locals....I think I feel asleep about midnight and then he woke me up about 12:30 AM to go out ! UGH! Those nights are never good! I've felt tired all day! Looking forward to sleeping MUCH better tonight!
Absolutely beautiful!!!!
I always love your cards Lisa & the purple card is especially gorgeous, it's so elegant and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx
Post a Comment