Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Loving my new class....

...it's only Day 2 in Class, but I can tell you right now that I'm totally enjoying it and loving all the fabulous inspiration that has been shared with us by Jennifer, Kristina and the Guest Designers, in the brand new "Stretch Your Stamps 2" class!    These are by far the best online classes I have ever been a part of and I truly enjoy and look forward to each and every one.


  I love that this class has been designed to help us all think out of the box a bit, and in doing so, we learn a whole new idea or use for stamps that may have been sitting in our stash, unused for ages.  I also loved that we have the class stamp list and alternative ideas well in advance, so we could shop our own stash and that also makes this another way this class can help you save money!  Yay!! 

   I'm also excited that I have now finished two new cards, both using one of my favorite background stamps, Leafy Vines, by Hero Arts,  which is this beautiful cling stamp! 

Leafy Vines picture

   Both of the cards that I created were inspired the the amazing cards that were featured in yesterday's class. I also loved today's class, but since I have not viewed all the videos yet, I haven't decided what I will create next.   And, because all the class materials are protected only for those who take the class, you'll have to sign up and join us to see exactly what we have learned so far!!  There's still plenty of time and I'll bet, you'll really enjoy being part of the "Interactive Class"...but if you are away or on vacation, you can sign up at anytime and have forever access to the classroom, another great perk of taking any of the Online Card Classes!  Oh, and for the record, I share my delight in these classes because I truly do LOVE them and want everyone to be able to have this much fun and learn all these fabulous ideas from these awesome designers. I am not affiliated with OCC in any way, nor have I ever been asked to post about these classes.  I do so, because they ROCK and I love being one of their students!!

   This is the first card that I created and I used the "Emboss Resist" technique to create the lower section using my Leafy Vines stamp.   I chose a combination of Summery Distress Ink colors for my resist and my new Hero Arts "Ultra Fine" white embossing powder to capture all the detail of this stamp!    I then took my Avery ElleCustom Panels Die set to cut out a section of my finished background and picked out some matching cardstock to start my base.  For the top section I added Vellum and then die cut the two circles for my sentiment, which is from the set of Hero Arts Stamps "Hello Flowers" -- one of the new sets, I really love.  I used foam tape to 'pop' my sentiment circles up off the card a bit, and then finished it off by added three black sequins to match!  


   To "Stretch" this stamp even further, I kept the left over pieces to use for my second card, which I also did in the same vibrant color theme.   I started by creating a matching card base, and then using this die from Simon Says Stamp, I die cut the 9 hearts and then added the stamped background scraps behind the three center hearts.  I then used my Lil Inker Stitched die set to cut out that section die cut that piece out and layered it onto Vellum and adhered it to my card base.  This card will have a sentiment on the inside, as I really felt like it would go best there.   This one I finished off with two little enamel dots and was done!!  



  I'm really happy with how both cards turned out and will be excited to get back to class a little later and maybe even make some more cards.  For now, I need to get the Pups out and let them run off some energy.

  Before I go I have one more card to share and this was a card I created using one of the new "Hero Arts Digital Files" now being sold at the a2z Scrapbooking Store.  This one is called "Numbers" and the very first idea that came to mind was to create a birthday card!   I chose the number three and used my "slowly dying" Silhouette, along with the "Cut Files" from the set to cut the "Three" from Teal Cardstock.   I added that to a fun background layer that I had created with this fun background stamp from Obsession Impression using Soft Granite Ink.   I layered that piece onto a Pool cardbase, then added on my "Three" cut along with a "Happy Birthday" sentiment circle, I stamped using this Hero Set !    To finish off this card I added the matching black strips down each side and some sparkling party bling! 




    I'm loving these new digital files and that makes me want to get a new Silhouette even more now, but I'm determined to make mine last as long as I can and I also am saving for my trip out to San Diego, so buying a new Cameo is not in my budget, at the moment.  But, as soon as I find a great deal and have some money saved, you can bet I'll buy a new one, I love what this machine can do -- I'm just not happy that Silhouette does not have a better warranty and would not help me out with my "lemon"!!

    One more little reminder that you still have lots of time to play in our new "Hero Arts" inspired challenge over at the a2z Scrapbooking Blog, where our theme for August is Encouragement.   You can find all the details and rules about this challenge and the upload link HERE on the blog!   Be sure to check out some of the inspiration the brand new DT has shared with us too!   If you are doing some shopping at the a2z Store, please feel free to use my Design Team Promo Code - LISAH15 - which will save you 15% off any order of $25 and up (excluding shipping).  You can even use my code on the brand new digital items and even the sale section!!   Happy Shopping!!  



   PS:   I would like to say a special THANK YOU everyone at the "Addicted to CAS Challenge Blog"for adding my cards to their Wall of Fame!  I was very proud and honored to read that news over on the blog today! It's also been one of my favorite challenges and one I look forward to playing in every week!   Please be sure to stop over and see the cards they shared, as well as the other new Wall of Fame inductees!   Congratulations to ALL!!

Grab our Badge!

5 comments:

Sharon Underwood said...

Your cards are awesome! I love that stamp you used in the first card, the hearts in the second, and the bold graphics in the third. You did a fantastic job!

Scrapthat said...

I'll second that!
OCC do ROCK! and this class is no exception.
I have the smaller version of that leafy vine stamp and it's one of my VERY faves as well...I hope to get the large one one of these days.
Awesome cards Lisa!!
I was having one of those days yesterday where none of my techniques were turning out right....but I'll catch up! Hopefully tonight! :D See you 'round class
Dolly

Darnell said...

Congratulations on your induction into the ATCAS Wall of Fame, Lisa! I'm so happy for you!! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

awesome Lisa. The classes are awesome. Your cards are delightful

Pam W Merwin said...

Oh my, Oh my, Oh my :-) LOVE your "With Love" card!!!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".