Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring and Winter....

....Today is another gorgeous day and this is one of those days where I really wish I could be out doing a gardening and yard work, but it know better and know that if I do that I'm gong to end up in misery and a Fibro flare...GRRR!  If I felt really good I might do some simple thing, but after throwing my back out, last weekend I know it's NOT a good idea.  I did sit outside for a bit with my coffee and did run a quick errand, simply to enjoy some fresh air.  Then, I headed up to my craft room, opened the windows and started working on some cards.   My other hobby that I LOVE and keeps me happy!!   If I can be gardening, then I'll happily work on cards and enjoy time crafting instead! 
    My first task today to to finish a card that will be submitted to two different Christmas Card Challenges.  It will be submitted to Bah!' Humbug!' for their  "Embossing"  challenge.  And it will also be submitted for the Snowflake theme challenges this week at - Christmas Card Challenges.  
   This darling "Sugar Plum Fairy" from Pink Cat Studio as my image and colored her in lovely shades of purple and lavender.  For my "Embossing", I used my Cuttlebug and embossed  a snowflake design on my card-base and also on a piece of contrasting cardstock.  I also created more "snowflakes" but using my MS punch and also kept the little punch pieces and added them to the card too.

  Here is my finished card that will be submitted to both challenges!  If you want to get ahead on your Christmas Cards this year too, then hop on over to Bah! Humbug! and/or Christmas Card Challenges and join in on these fun card challenges. 


   And on a totally different theme, I also went from Winter to Spring and created another "Spring" card in a floral design.   This card I created to send to a good friend, but it's a surprise, so she has no idea it is coming and I'm not going to post and say who it is for.  
    I also created this card as another way to practice coloring and shading with my Copics.  I am am not sure what kind of flowers these are, or if they really would ever be this color, but since I love purple, I thought that's the color I would go with!!  

   And that's it for now......my Spring and Winter cards, both made today.  Hope everyone is having a nice day and as always, Happy Crafting!!





7 comments:

Annie said...

Both lovely cards Lisa - thanks for joining us yet again at Bah! Humbug! Your peel offs were posted last week so crossed fingers that you will receive them soon.
Do let us know when you do.
The flowers I believe are snowdrops and should be white, but I'm a purple love too so hey who cares?
Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

So adorable, love all the purple snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges!
Peggy

Sparkplug17 said...

These are just darling!

Irene said...

Hello Lisa

Oh wow both of your cards are gorgeous. Your little image on your first card is so cute and adorable, and fantastic choice of colours.

I love your snowdrop card, the flowers are appearing over here right now which means Spring is on it's way.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

irene
Bah! Humbug!

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks Ladies!
I had a feeling the the "snowdrop" flowers might be white, but I think for a card the purple worked out okay! Plus, I adore purple!!

Thanks for the kind compliments and thanks to Ann for the peel-offs. I'll be sure to let you know when I have them! THANKS SO MUCH!!

I hope all of you have a great day and for everyone who celebrates Easter - Happy Easter!

Max said...

Love the shades of purple you have used. Thank you for playing along with us at Bah! Humbug! and good luck in the prize draw.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Rita said...

Two very beautiful cards. Hugs Rita xx

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".