Sunday, January 23, 2011

Purple Passion!

  Happy Sunday !!  Today is a very chilly day here in Massachusetts and I'm very thankful to have the entire day to spend in my comfy and warm craft room.  I was up early to take care of my chores and all set to get to work on some new cards.

   My first card today was inspired by the new Sketch Challenge over at the Stars & Stamps Blog.   Every Sunday features a new Sketch and I always enjoy this challenge.  Today, we have Sketch # 53, which I copied over to share with you all.

 Sketch # 53


My Card


  I thought this was a fun card an instead of using a variety of patterned paper, I decide to try this with cardstock, which I embossed in two different designs in my Cuttlebug.  I also added a layer of lavender ribbon over on section to give it a different feel.   My images is a digi image from A Day for Daisies, which I colored with Copics.  It was a really fun, yet easy card.

  My next two card were both inspired by today's brand new 'CAS' challenge over at 'The Outlawz'.  I have always really wanted to learn this wonderful style of card-making and the 'Girlz' on the CAS Team are all fabulous card-makers and really have provide us all with some fabulous inspiration this week.  

    This week, 'Amy', created a wonderful sketch, which I have also copied over to share and hopefully it will inspire you to join the fun.  

 Amy's Sketch


 My Card


   I had so much fun with these cards and all the 'purple' (my favorite color) -- that i decided to make a third purple card, with all my left over scraps.  For this card I also based it on Amy's Sketch, but flipped the sketch and came up with this card.

  This card also includes more embossing and I again added a scrap piece of purple lavender ribbon to give it the look of another layer/texture.  My image on this card is actually a Stickeroo from Penny black, that I simply mounted on a darker lavender mat.   This card was super easy and something anyone could easily create!

  For all the details and to see the cards the DT created, please HOP on over to the CAS Group -- over at 'The Outlawz' - Here!!

   And speaking of Ribbon, have you ever shopped at Really Reasonable Ribbon?  I found it via a blog a few weeks ago and LOVE the store.  I'm a bit of a ribbon addict and LOVE to use it on my cards.  I also like a wide variety of styles and colors and RRR, has it all.  I also was very pleased with the excellent customer service and the huge collections of ribbons, Bonnie, has in her store.    I also signed up for the Monthly Ribbon Club and have this first set (Janaury), which is awesome.  



  If you are a ribbon gal like me, I highly recommend you stop over and check out the store.  You will also want to be sure to visit the BLOG for some fabulous inspiration, super fun challenges and also a chance to win this awesome  BLOG Candy!


I Love RRR

  Update:   After visiting the RRR Challenge blog earlier, I was inspired to create one more card today and this was was inspired by their challenge was is to create a card with a 'Heart' Theme, which I did and am back to share with you now.    I also stayed with my lavender/purple theme and then added a touch of turquoise to this card with some ribbon that I had purchased from RRR.   If you LOVE purple, like I do, then you'll want to buy this 'Purple' assortment, which is one I own and love!


  
   This card is being submitted to Challenge #16 - Heart Theme (with ribbon) at the Really Reasonable Ribbon chalelnge blog.
 
   I'm off now to head on over to 'The Outlawz' and upload my challenge cards!  I also want to remind you to a few more fun challenges that are ongoing right now.  Today is the last day to enter our 'Paper Piecing' Challenge over at the StampFairy Challenge Blog.   And be sure to stop by again tomorrow for a brand new challenge and to see if you were one of this weeks' lucky winners. 

   I will also be here tomorrow with my inspiration for our new StampFairy Challenge, as well as a brand new 'Birthday Card' Challenge over at 'The Outlawz'.  You can also still submit at card HERE for this week's challenge or join in on any of the daily challenges were offer in our group.   The Outlawz is a wonderful new, fun and friendly challenge group, open to all and offer a new challenge in a new theme every day!   Come on over and have some fun.

   And lastly, but not least, I would LOVE to see you enter our 'Friends challenge' being hosted over at Baby Bud Designs.   There will also be a fun surprise for all you Baby Bud Fans coming up this Friday, January 28th!   Be sure you stop by here for more details on ANY of these challenges!!

Have a great afternoon and as always -- Happy Crafting!!


11 comments:

Brenda said...

wow Lisa, beautiful cards!! I love all the embossing that you have done on these. Clean and Simple, love that you pulled it off so beautifully!!

Unknown said...

All of your cards are beautiful.

Cindy's Card Co said...

Cute cards Lisa. Haven't seen you for a while. Hope all is well.

Bonnie Garby said...

What terrific cards Lisa, and thanks so much for telling everyone about Really Reasonable Ribbon. I'm so happy you are enjoying our monthly ribbon club. Have a wonderful day!!

Vivi Casale said...

oh Lis, love all of your cards.. purple colors are the most beautiful in the world!! heheh
I`ll certainly join the challenge as I just colored an image and the sketch is just perfect for it! I`m so glad I stopped by first here!!
I`ll be back tomorrow to see the new challenge and what you are bringing to us to get inspired!!
xxx
Vivi

Carol L said...

All of your cards are fantastic! They have to be......they're all purple!! (my favorite color too) :D

Rhonda said...

Great cards Lisa!

Cindy Gay said...

Very pretty purple creations!

Sherry Hickey said...

Enjoyed visiting your blog and seeing all your latest cards! I love that image from Day for Daisies. All your cards are so pretty!

SaDeBuque said...

very pretty cards Miss Lisa! im def in love with purple this year! these cards are such inspiration for me to go look thru my own scraps so i can start making more cards! :)

Samantha said...

Loving all the purple!! Your cards are gorgeous and I love you OWH Sketch Challenge card!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".