....Time to change the clocks for Daylight Saving's time and that means that Spring and Summer are almost here...! Yippee! It does take me about a week to get used to the change, especially when it comes to getting up each morning, but I sure do LOVE having the extra daylight!
It's hard to believe that it's already almost 5 PM and today has flown by. You should would think we lost more than one hour, because I did not get nearly as much done as I had hoped.
I did finish up two cards and one I had started last week...talk about slow! My first card is for the new challenge over at By Lori Designs and it's a color challenge. This is a copy of the challenge colors that I copied over to share with you here!!
And this is the card that I'm submitting to challenge. I do hope the colors work, as it's often hard to determine the exact colors from a computer screen!!
For my card, I picked this sweet new image (Need a Boost), that is one of the Special Editions, added to the store this month. I also bought the matching Sentiment was works out perfect for this card. I found some really cute digi papers and used those along with my Copics to create outfits for these cuties. I also added more digi papers for my background and for the little butterfly. A fun and happy card!!
My next card was created to today's new Sketch Challenge over at the Stars & Stamps Blog, which you can find HERE!! I have also copied over a copy of the sketch, which you will see in my first picture below.
As you can see I created my card to match the sketch, but then to make it work out better with my little 'Sending a Hug' Sentiment, I decided to flip it, as shown in this photo. I think it works either way and I loved the idea of using 1 inch squares. This would also be the perfect time to get out your 'Inchies' and use them for your little squares!!
My final project today, was a card I created for a birthday this week and it's a card for a Guy, which I still think are the hardest to create. For this one I had some fun with my distress inks an some Glimmer Mist and put to use some of the new ideas I learned in class yesterday. Although it's not showing well in the image, the card is actually a combination of patterns and deep rich colors. I used five different distress inks and a sand and gold Shimmer Mist at the end. I then stamped on the Happy Birthday sentiment and embossed it in clear and cut it out with a Nestie die. This card has a lot of shine and dimension and looks much better in person.
My next project (tomorrow), will be to create a card for the new CAS Challenge, posted over at The Outlawz. I really love the recipe and the cards that Mo and Amy created this week are both gorgeous! You can see them here, along with all the challenge details. I think this will be a fun one and I'm excited to start on this tomorrow!
Have a great night....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".

14 comments:
Lis, All of your cards are very nice today. That image and sentiment on your first card are adorable. I love all the digi papers. They go together so well. The S&S challenge card is great. I love the way all the papers blend nicely together. I like the card in both layouts. Good job. Your male card is very good. I find it so hard sometimes also to come up with something for a man or a boy. You hit it out of the park with this one. The colors are great. I was glad to read that you had such a good time yesterday with your classes. The tags you made we extremely nice. Have a good week.
Terrific cards all around!
gosh, such fun cards! you have nailed it with your papers. that houndstooth is a most def keeper in my book! I love it! :)
I know what you mean about taking a while to adapt to the time change. hopefully it will go much smoother for you this year! I will be praying for you! big hugs!
Nice job with the OWH Sunday Sketch Lisa! It's great that it works both ways...but I'm really liking the vertical. Seeing how you did this made me realize this sketch would be great for "guy" cards. Have a great week!
Love your sketch card, Lisa - the way you combined those papers is just great! I'm glad to hear you are seeing improvement, I have been hoping to hear that.
wow... that pattern paper is awesome. It reminds me of a picture my daughter was showing me on her cell phone the other day. I'm going to show these to her when she gets home. thanks for sharing, Pam
Really sweet card! Thx for joining in with us at By LoRi Designs!
Mary J xxx
Oh I love the houndstooth dp and the oval behind your super cute BLD image! Thanks for playing along with us at By LORi Designs!
Both are Gorgeous.. The colors look just Fab thanks for joining us at BLD
Hugs
Great cards Lisa! Love the first one! Great image. Thanks for playing with us this week at the By LORi Designs Color Challenge.
Fabulous card and layout with the By LORi Designs image! Your papers on this card are gorgeous too Lis. Thanks for playing at By LORi Designs challenges!
This is such a beauty! Thank you for joining us at BLD Challenges. Have you seen that the new challenge is online already? Please join us again this week!
X Mariska
Beautiful card, loved your design and papers. hugs Frances.
How sweet! I just love your layout! Thanks for playing along with us on by Lori Designs.
Post a Comment