Monday, January 30, 2012

As sweet as can be!!

   I am such a "Girlie Girl" and I think it's because of fact that I raised two sons and spent most of the last twenty years living in a home with three males!   Goodness knows I LOVE them all to pieces, but there is nothing cute or fun and frilly about the way they dress or the type of decor they like in their rooms.   I had a peach bathroom for a few year, but they kept calling it PINK...nope it's was peach, but men, don't seem to get colors like we do.   I'm actually really to re-paint that bathroom again, and wait until they see my new color, because guess what hue it's going to be in.....!  If you guessed purple, you are RIGHT!  Although it's more of a light lavender and I've narrowed it down to three shades- French Lavender, Meghan (which ironically is my future daughter-in-law's name), and Spring Violet.   All the trim will be a bright white. as is the toilet, tub/shower and vanity.   The entire color scheme, actually came from a really cute little trash bucket I found at Michael's!  Go Figure!  I also already added a little lavender hamper and matching shower curtain.   I wish I had done my craft room in these colors and in time, I do plan to change that room too, but with so much furniture and 'stuff', it's way too much work for now.

   And speaking of sweet and adorable, some of my favorite digi images have been created by Lori and Hannah  Boyd of By Lori Designs and today's card shares one of my new favorites.  All their little images are always a joy to create with and I find it very hard to pass up a new release.  Today's card features Marcie, who is one of the newest little Bug & Roo images, created by Hannah (Lori's daughter).   You can find them along with a huge collection of wonderful images at Lori's store HERE!

    My card today features little Marcie and was created for a variety of fun new challenges.  It was originally inspired by the new Challenge over at Lori's site, which you can find HERE!  I have copied over the wonderful inspiration image that Lori shared as our inspiration.  As soon as I saw the picture I knew I wanted to play and knew I had some adorable digi papers that would work perfect.
 
.... The challenge this week is a Photo Inspiration Challenge...let it inspire you to create whatever you like, any way you like:
                                                            Photo is from and can be found at Cozy Canadian Cottage..

  
   I also knew that I wanted to paper-piece on a cute little outfit and submit my card to a new Paper Piecing Challenge, being hosted at Crafting by Designs.   I buy almost ALL of my wonderful digi papers from Shery K Designs and really LOVE them.  If you hop on over to Shery's store now, you can even sign up for a chance to win a Brand New Silhouette Cameo!!    You'll find all the details on her site, but hurry, the contest is almost over!!   Good Luck to ALL!!

   Once I had my papers picked out, I simply printed everything out onto my favorite Cryogen Cardstock.  I then cute out the little outfit I wanted for Marcie and a did the same for her little Hair Bow.  I colored the rest with my Copics and layered then used a nestie die to cute her out and layered that onto a second scalloped circle, of pink and white paper.  I then added that to a green checkered layer and put it all onto some pink polka-dotted cardstock from Memory Box.  I add a sweet little 'I Love You' Sentiment and tied on a little heart with Pink Twine.  I punched some more hearts with my mini Heart Punch and put it all together to make this sweet little card.  


     Don't you just love her?   I think she's simply adorable and these are the types of wonderful images that I adore.  They always make me SMILE and are fun and Happy.    I  had a lot of fun picking up papers to use to paper-piece her cute little overall and matching hair bow!     

      I'm submitting her to each of these fun new challenges and I invite you ALL to join in and play along:
    And now I am off to work on some new cards and to continue on my special projects.....Sshhh...it's a surprise, but stay tuned!!   Wishing everyone a wonderful week!!


8 comments:

Barb said...

My FAVE, all time colors! You've used them beautifully here, Lisa! What an adorable card - LOVE IT!! :)

Doris T. said...

Now how cute is she, I ask 'ya?? Lisa, another fantastic card - thanks for sharing her with us :) And I think purple in the bathroom would be so sweet!
Hugs,
Doris

Sandy said...

Cute image, love your colours and the little tag too. Fab paper piecing, A delightful card,
Sandy

Sharon said...

Hi Lisa honey, hope you're well. You will have to post pics of your purple bathroom for us once it's done. This I have got to see...LOL You've captured that pic jut beautifully. What an adorable image, one can see why you love her so much. hugs Sharon x

Anonymous said...

Lisa, she's so cute, really like the pink flowered overalls. Adorable card, feel good. Hugs, Lori m who wishes she could make that trip to meet you and everyone but can't.

Vivi Casale said...

Oh Lis, your card is just stunning! I absolutely LOVE it!! so gracious!
your coloring is wonderful!!! I love the way you colored her hair.. so cool!!
xoxo

Welcome! said...

oh oh oh this is soooooo stinkin cute Lis! Love the scallops and colours and your colouring is fab! Hope all is well, miss chattin with ya!
Big Hugs, K

Natalie said...

She is so cute!! Congrats on being chosen the winner at BLD!! Fabulous paper piecing and adorable coloring, definitely will put a smile on someone's face!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".