Thursday, January 21, 2016

Critters and Shakers...

   I am back today with another post, if you are looking for my post about the "Lasting Hearts Card Drive", please go HERE!!
   In this post I am sharing two new cards both created for challenge.  My first card was created for this week's "Clear" themed challenge hosted over as CASology


    The "clear" in my card is the acetate I used on the Shaker window, which I cut out with a fun die from Lil' Inker Designs into a "Silver" card front.  I then added lots of sequins and gems and 'popped' it up on a Hero Arts card based I created with their "Mixed Pool Layering Paper".  The "Happy Birthday" die is from SSS and I cut that from some "matching " teal card-stock.  Sorry about the photo - its' truly a challenge to get a nice shot of a silver card.

    My final card of the day was created for with two things in mind!  The first is this week's "Critter" Themed Challenge over at the SSS Wednesday Challenge blog!  And the second is as a Thank You card that will be mailed out to the wonderful family that adopted "Pom" from Paw Affection Dachshund Rescue!".   We are so excited that he found his new home right away and he's living quite happily now in Manchester-by-the-Sea!   We love all of our adopters and I love having the task of creating and sending out the thank you card to all those who adopt from us as well as those who donate and sponsor our Rescues.  If you are in my area and are looking to Rescue a pup, please stop by our website.  We are also on Facebook, stop by anytime and LIKE us!  

 "Pom"
Adopted!!





   My image on this card is an adorable stamp from Whipper Snapper Designs, who have some of the best dog stamps, I've ever found online!  Love them!! The sentiment is from this lovely stamp and die set from SSS!  

5 comments:

Karen L K said...

Your doggie card is so cute! The silver card is also really nice! It's definitely hard to take the shiny photos.

Deb said...

haha, LOVE your puppy card! To adorable! That reminds me...I got a doxie stamp from the sparkle and sprinkle booth at the scrapbook expo last year, and I've yet to use it...really need to find a reason to make a card out of it! :-))

Teresa Kline said...

hello Lisa! I luv your shaker card, I need to make more of these...thanks for inspiring me. sweet Pom too....hope you are feeling well! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Deidre said...

Wowsers! Those colors are really exciting and the shaker confetti is a great accent! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Hannelie said...

Perfect happy colors for a birthday card, and a great use of the cue card Lisa!
Thanks for joining us at Casology!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".