After spending the last two days up at "Oncology" it sure was nice to sleep in this morning and know that I could stay in all day! Our weather has been very cold and while it's all normal for January, I till dread it and hurt so much more when it's bitter and cold!
Today, I'm a super snuggly and warm and have a great fire going in the woodstove. I did all my morning chores and then quickly headed to my craftroom to make some new cards. I am SO HAPPY to be back to creating and can hardly begin to tell you all just how much I LOVE it! It's my passion and much like "therapy" for me. Keeps my mind of the pain of Fibro and then upset of living with Cancer.
Moving on to happier thoughts--I'll start with this first card which was created with a new challenge in mind and also as a "Thank you" card for a family who adopted a wonderful dog from "Paw Affection Dachshund Rescue", where I am a happy volunteer and a member of the Board. If you know of anyone in my area who would LOVE adopt one of our Rescue Pups...please let me know. I also invited to visit our website and our Facebook page, which you can link to from the site!!
Today, I'm a super snuggly and warm and have a great fire going in the woodstove. I did all my morning chores and then quickly headed to my craftroom to make some new cards. I am SO HAPPY to be back to creating and can hardly begin to tell you all just how much I LOVE it! It's my passion and much like "therapy" for me. Keeps my mind of the pain of Fibro and then upset of living with Cancer.
Moving on to happier thoughts--I'll start with this first card which was created with a new challenge in mind and also as a "Thank you" card for a family who adopted a wonderful dog from "Paw Affection Dachshund Rescue", where I am a happy volunteer and a member of the Board. If you know of anyone in my area who would LOVE adopt one of our Rescue Pups...please let me know. I also invited to visit our website and our Facebook page, which you can link to from the site!!
This card is also being submitted the newest challenge over at CASolgy, where the them is "Simple" and what would be more simple and a basic "Black & White" Card. My cute little Pups stamp is from Paper Smooches and the Sentiment is from Winnie and Walter.
My next card was created for a brand new challenge that I am playing in for the first time. It's being hosted over at "Stamp Junkies" which is a Stamp Group on Facebook. Feel free to come on over and join the group! It's a fun group, great peoples and no drama! Love that!! You can find all the details on their January Challenge, including the theme --- HERE!!
Catherine Pooler is donating the wonderful prize for this challenge, which is one of Stamp Of Approval Kits. The theme this month is "Friendship" !! We were also asked to use the colors featured on the SOA Kits, which are: Pink, Orange, Turquoise and White. I created this fun watercolor background using my Zig Markers and an Aqua Brush. My Sentiment is from WPlus 9 and is a new stamp that "Lucky Stars" which I'm using for the first time today. I die cut my frame with a die set from Lil Inkers and added it a "Black Hero Arts Card", the pink bling/gems are also from Hero Arts.
I am also submitting this card to today's new "Something New" Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp blog, along with my next card, (below). The "Something New" in this card is the new stmaps set from WPlus 9 and the "Something New" in the card below if a brand new die cut, which is one of the newest exclusives from SSS!
In addition to the Wednesday Challenge at SSS, my "Heart" card was also inspired by this weeks' new Muse Challenge, which you'll find HERE ! I loved the color theme of the MUSE card and that was my inspiration for this card!
This week's Muse Card
created by Michelle
And now I am off to clean up my desk a bit and then decide if I want to make dinner or call Hubby at work and have him pick up something for us on his way home. Right now, I'm kind of beat, so I am definitely leaning toward having him bring something "yummy" home and I am craving seafood so I do think that will be my plan!
Evening Update -- I was on such a fun "roll" creating that I headed back to my desk and created two more fun cards to share. This first card was SUPER and was created with a "Stampin' Up" Shaker Card kit...! Loved it and loved how fast it went together!!
This card is being submitted to a brand new challenge blog, called "Paru's Card Making Challenges"! The theme for the very first challenge is "NEW". This card is my submission and is based on the fact that it comes from a "New" kit which I used for the very first time today!!
That brings me to my final card of the day and this one was created for the new "Sketch Challenge" over at "The Outlawz Challenge Group".
Evening Update -- I was on such a fun "roll" creating that I headed back to my desk and created two more fun cards to share. This first card was SUPER and was created with a "Stampin' Up" Shaker Card kit...! Loved it and loved how fast it went together!!
This card is being submitted to a brand new challenge blog, called "Paru's Card Making Challenges"! The theme for the very first challenge is "NEW". This card is my submission and is based on the fact that it comes from a "New" kit which I used for the very first time today!!
That brings me to my final card of the day and this one was created for the new "Sketch Challenge" over at "The Outlawz Challenge Group".
Sketch
My Card
Have a great night and Happy Creating!!







15 comments:
what great projects, Lisa! I am THRILLED you have felt up to crafting!!! I know what a difference it makes for me when I can get into my craft room, even if for just a little while.
I have been thinking of you so much. sorry I've been horrid about keeping in touch. holidays were rough and it was all I could do just to put one foot in front of the other each day to get through. I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from. ;) wish you didn't though... sigh....
enjoy your seafood! it's one of my comfort foods, too! obviously we eat it quite often around here. tee hee!
love you much. brave lady!
Wonderful cards, Lisa - I love the B&W look of the dog card and that vibrant rainbow (fantastic colours!) and your simple use of that rose die is beautiful for Muse - so glad you joined us at CASology and Muse this week!
What fun scrolling through your post, seeing more and more beautiful cards as I scrolled. Clearly, you've been busy and fantastically creative, and I love all your cards. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week.
Lisa I'm so happy to think of you crafting away, warm and snuggled in! Each is a charmer, but your red, white, black themed card is oh so beautiful! Thank you so much for playing cards with me at Muse!!!
=] Michele
Beautiful cards! I came to get a closer look at your muse card,that heart die cut is fabulous what a beautiful card! I am also loving the doggy card! Stay snuggly and warm and keep crafting!
Hello Lisa! You have been on a creative overdrive--that is AWESOME! Love the contrast of the black heart die with a bit of red showing through. Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Something New” Challenge! Hope you are resting well! Please take good care!
so happy to see you so busy creating Lisa. All of your cards are really lovely. Hugs to you
Wow you have been really busy!!!&all gorgeous cards but that heart one has stolen my heart x
Gorgeous cards Lisa!
Love your cards ! They are all so pretty
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
Jo x
A lovely line up Lisa!
Love your take on our Simple cue this week!
Thanks for joining Casology !
Great cards. You nailed it with the Muse Challenge. Love that heart.
Love the heart for the Muse challenge ... very stunning.
Oh my! I am so very happy you came by to play my challenge Lisa! You are so incredibly creative...I ust loved each and every one of your cards! I think my favourite though was the popping popcorn! ;-)
I am so happy to hear that your cardmaking is therapy for you...I call it my soul food.
Hears wishing you sunny days, improving health and many many happy days in your craft room!
God bless my dear!
p.s. Please could you display our challenge story board as well as our challenge logo on your blog?Also, if you are on Face book or Instagram, please tag your work there with pcmchallenges.
Sending hugs from Minnesota. I understand wanting to snuggle up.
Love your heart card the most...but all are wonderful.
Post a Comment