Saturday, January 2, 2016

First Cards for 2016!!

  Happy Saturday!  I spent most of my New Year's Day cleaning and doing more organizing, so today, I decided after a few morning chores, that I wanted to spend more time creating and that's exactly what I did.  I plan to continue to organize more and more and very soon will start "selling" a bunch of my craft goodies here and on Facebook!   Please stay tuned for more details coming very soon!
 
     This morning I happily sent out a "Kindness" package to a new card-maker that I learned about from my friend, Betty.  Betty knew that I had planned to do a major purge and told be about her friend Lynn, who has fallen in love with this wonderful hobby.  I was very excited for her and decided I wanted to "gift" her a box of goodies, which I do hope she'll enjoy!   It makes me "happy" to share with others and I only wish it could "giveaway" all my things, but with the cost of postage and such, it's simply too much!   Even so, I can promise that I'll have super deals on everything I sell and many goodies are brand new and have never been used!   I plan to put the money toward my "Cancer Treatment" -- Now that we are into a new year, I have a rather large deductible to meet before anything will be covered.  Yuk!!  In the meantime, if there are any "Craft Supplies" you are looking for -- Stamp Sets, Dies, Stencils, Inks and so on...please let me know and I'll be happy to pull them our for you!   If anyone is looking for any Cricut Cartridges, I no longer have  Cricut and I have several that I'm selling -- you can find them listed in this blog post!!   MAKE an OFFER!!

     I'm here to share my first cards for 2016 and most of them were inspired by some of my favorite challenges.    Starting with this very "Glittery" card which I created for the new challenge over at the a2z Scrapbooking Blog where the theme for January is "Glitter and Bling"!   I stared this by first choosing my favorite Hero Arts Stamp and Cut sets, which is Hello and although it's currently out of stock at a2z, you can simply ask for a "Custom Order", and they'll be happy to order it for you!
Hello Stamp&Cut

    My next card was created to send out as a "Thank You" do a dear "Rescue" friend who sent me an adorable "Purple" T-Shirt that says - "You Can't Buy Love, But you can Rescue It"!  I think it was so sweet of Liz to send that to more, and all just as a wonderful act of Kindness.   This is a an image if the T...how cute is that?


And the card I created for Liz

    I added this card to "My Gallery" over at The Outlawz challenge Group.  Today, (Sunday) I was delighted to see it was chosen as one of the Featured Cards!   Thank you!!



    My next card was created for the "Monday" Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp, where the them this week is "Winter Wonderland" and I used my wonderful new SSS January Card Kit (LOVE it)..to make this card.  
Simon Monday Challenge Blog 


 And this is another card, also created with this same 
wonderful kit! 




   And my final card for today was created for the new "Wonderful Watercolors Challenge" being hosted over on the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Group,  and for the "Use Something New" Paper a la Mode Challenge over at "The Outlawz Group".   


   
      I decided to created a "Watercolor" background with my card and did that using this cute little "Watercolor Set" and I found at Amazon Smile.   I used an Aqua Pen to paint directly onto some Watercolor paper and then misted it with some WPlus9 Shimmer Spray Mist, (love the shimmer).  I then heat set that and adhered it to a bright pink card base.  I then used two of my brand new SSS dies, the heart is from the "Scribble Heart" set and the "Love" from this set and added those to my card.  I added a layer of Stickles to the "Love" die cut and then finished it off with a few crystal gems!  

    Speaking of "Watercolors", there is a brand new class coming up over at the Online Card Classroom and it starts on January 25th.  It's called "Watercolor for Card-Makers / Intermediate Techniques" and you can enroll by going to the OCC site here!   I totally LOVE all the classes the Jennifer and Kristina offer and have been fortunate enough to have taken EVERY one!   Two of my all time favorites are the Watercolor classes.  The first was "Watercolor for Cardmakers" and the second is "Watercolor for Cardmakers - Exploring Mediums"  -- Both of which you can still take and I'm sure you'll LOVE them.   I highly recommend any and all of the classes and have never been disappointed, they ROCK!!


12 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous start to the new year Lisa!

Skrater said...

Beautiful cards!

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous cards and thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Arlene said...

Thank you for submitting your first card to a2z Scrapbooking.

I love the sparkle.

Unknown said...

Yes! Lisa your cards are getting me inspired to get crafty!! Love your super sparkly card for a2z Scrapbooking. So glad you're finding the time to play along. Happy New Year!!

Chark said...

wow, you've been busy, these are all beautiful, am loving the watercolor card especially. did you see this, Lisa? https://marianagrigsby.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/ha-giveaway-winners/#comments

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an absolutely wonderful collection of cards! I think you did an incredible job of utilizing lots of different materials and color palettes. Each one is so unique, yet they all have your signature style! I really like the bling on the "Hello" card and the delicate flourishes on the second card are lovely. The snowflake card made me smile with its message and happy feeling and I thought your use of sequins was so clever! I adore the shades of purple in your Let It Snow card and the Love card is so full of movement and energy while remaining totally classy. You have a great eye for design and as this was my first time swinging by your blog, I was also touched by your story and encouraging words. Thanks for sharing these with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and for making this world a more beautiful place through your artwork and positive energy. Wishing you many hours of happy crafting in 2016!

Cindy C. said...

Wow you've been productive, so many beautiful cards created already!!
Thanks for playing with us at a2z!!

creative lady said...

Wow Lisa, love all your cards!!!! Thanks so much for joining us this month. I hope to see you back again!!!!

Kristina B. said...

Beautiful purple card! Happy to see you over at a2z

Dawn T said...

gorgeous cards Lisa. "Happy" to have your first one entered into our challenge at A2Z

Aileen said...

Fantastic collection of cards, all that sparkle and shimmer and bright colours. Love them all

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".