Note: If you have already started the Skip, you have arrived here from Sheila's Blog! If you are starting here or your find yourself lost at anytime, simply hop over to the Star's and Stamps Blog to start over or to find the full list of the ten blogs you'll visit!
Our focus for this fun little Blog Skip is Clean & Simple Cards and many of us were inspired after being part of Jennifer's McGuire's recent online class - Clean & Simple Cardmaking. If you have not already taken this class, I highly recommend it and think you'll LOVE it. We are also thrilled to have Jennifer joining us on this blog skip and thank her for being such a wonderful supporter for OWH!!
My card today was actually inspired after taking this wonderful class and was fun to make. One of the ideas we learned from class is that using a Sketch can be a really easy way to come up with ideas for your cards and that's exactly what I did for my inspiraiton card. Whenever, I feel like I have lost my Mojo, I will always start looking through a folder of my favorite sketches. I also love looking in the fabulous Sketch Gallery that you can find on the Stars and Stamps blog. That's exactly where I headed for this card and my inspiration came from Sketch # 34.
As you can see, I changed things up a big, but my basic idea was taken from the Sketch. If you know me, you already know that 'Hugs' is my favorite sentiment and one that is perfect for the cards I create for Operation Write Home. This particular HUG Sentiment is from one of the new Hero Arts Sets -- called XO! I really LOVE this set and also now own all the new sets that were designed by Hero Arts for Operation Write Home. I am very happy and excited to be offering the wonderful XO Stamp Set, along with another favorite new HeroArts Stamp called - Starbursts -- as my Blog Candy!!
All you need to do is simply leave a comment and tell me what your favorite Sentiment is. One lucky winner will be chosen on Random Drawing and will be posted on my blog on Monday - February 6th at Noon! Comments will the drawing will be accepted through Midnight Eastern Time on Sunday, February 3rd. Please be sure to stop by again on Monday to see if you are the lucky winner!!
The Starburst Stamp is also really fun to create with and can be used in many ways. They could be used like flowers, fireworks or even as a fun background. I made this little card using the set to provide you with some inspiration and as another card for my next shipment to Operation Write Home. If you would like to make cards for this fabulous group -- please go HERE for all the details! It's a wonderful group and I know you'll enjoy doing your part to support our Heroes!!
Thanks so much for visiting and you'll now be headed off to Yolanda's Blog - Imagine-Make-Share! She's an amazing crafter who I'm sure will WOW you with her talent! I hope you ENJOY our little Blog Skip and wish you all a wonderful weekend.






114 comments:
Love your cards. Thank you for inspiration.
Gorgeous cards! I love the fireworks idea. I got Year Round Sentiments - the "thinking of you" sentiment is one I use most - but the xo set is on my list. Thanks for all you do for OWH.
Cute cards! Love your color combos of course :) :) :) Thanks for the inspiration!
Cruise-bound in a few hours!!!
Sandy
Love the cards you made. Sending hugs is my favorite sentiment
Love both! I also like the flexibility you suggest for the flower stamp!
Lisa your cards are great as always. I get a lot of use out of my star embossing folder. I think the sentiment I use most is Thinking of you. It just seem appropriate for OWH.
My favorite sentiment is Love You Always, but I tend to use miss you more on cards. I love how you used that starburst stamp in you card. Thanks for sharing.
What awesome cards Lisa. I really like that embossing folder with the stars. So perfect when it comes to the military. Anyone who receives these cards will be so in awe to get them from their loved ones.
Lisa, Thank goodness for sketches and those wonderful people that come up with them, huh? I love your cards. The sketch card is so nice and cheery and will certainly make someone feel like they are getting a hug just by looking at your card. Your second card really showcases the Starbursts beautifully. My favorite sentiment is "You Mean The World To Me". Thanks for taking part in the skip. Enjoy your weekend.
I just used that sketch the other day! :) I love the way your last card has the sentiment matted. Thanks for offering generous blog candy, too!
Thanks for sharing your cards with us. My favorite sentiment is Live Life Love...in honor of Sandy. Just Kidding.
some of my favorite sentiments are Big Hugs and Hello - I figure they can be adapted to any occasion.
Wonderful cards - thanks for supporting OWH
Barb Housner
Lot's of Hugs is my favorite sentiment, although I really like the starburts stamp too. Great cards!
Very cute cards! I am always heading to the OWH sketches for inspiration. Love their sketches! I think I use a simple 'Hi' or 'Hello' the most on my cards for OWH.
My favorite sentiment is a coin toss between 'Missing You' and 'Thinking of You' for my OWH cards. Your cards are soooo nice and you've given me some great ideas. I love what you did with the starburst... never would have thought to use it as a flower, and I'd be lost without my OWH sketches!
I tend to use 'Missing you' a lot. Lately, my obsession has been with owls, so anything that can have the word 'owl' in it I'll use.
Love the cards. I'm all about simple and clean layouts.
I love to use "miss you" and also "love." I really like to make holiday cards and also love cards. I have not made many clean and simple cards, so I am hoping today will inspire me in doing so!
Love your card and love those hero arts stamps!
I love the sentiment you have on your starburst card--and your whole card!
Wonderful card--I like the red star. My favorite sentiment is Thinking of You--covers a lot.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com
very nice cards....... favorite sentiment is love
Really nice cards. Love those stamps too.
I love the XOXO & the Hugs & Kisses in the woodblock font.
Love your cards, and I love "hugs" too.
I really like to make "thank you" cards!
Lisa, your cards are truly inspirational this week. I love what you did with the starburst stamp- so cute, it reminds me of 4th of July sparklers. My favorite sentiment is actually not a "sentiment", but scripture verses. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!
Great cards Lisa! I almost always find myself heading towards my embossing folders when I am aiming for clean and simple. I think they give a card so much interest but yet keep it simple and clean in design.
The tiny blue pearls in the burst card are just the perfect touch and what a great piece of advice on thinking outside the box when it comes to stamps. I can definitely see it as fireworks too!
Lisa, thanks for sharing. My favorite sentiment is Thinking of You.
Sending Hugs and thinking of You are my kind of cards...both convey the special message being sent to friends or relatives to let them know they are on my mind.
Wow, what great cards. My favorite sentiment is whatever the OWH shippers need at any given time.
Awesome card, Lisa! I love the texture and of course the colors!! Thanks for all you do for OWH!
Love the cards,
Great card. Love the colors and the technique
Oh great cards!!!!! Love the red, white and blue!!
Lisa, thanks for the inspiration! Nothing like a good sketch and we get a new one every week at OWH! I do like your choice for this card and the embossing folder is perfect for the card! I use "Thinking of You" and "Love" a lot for my OWH cards, but also try to keep an ear out for what the shippers really need at any given time. Thanks again for sharing your talent!
Sweet cards -- especially love your tips on using that starburst stamp! My favorite sentiment is "Miss You". Thanks for a chance to win a spot in the CAS online class. BTW -- love your blog.
Love your cards. I'm new to OWH and am looking forward to checking out the sketches. Thanks so much for the inspiration!
Almost forgot...my fave sentiment on the set is "big hugs." I tend to make and send mostly birthday cards, so that works well.
I like 'Hello Handsome'...really useful I think for Valentine's day.
Your cards are beautiful and the colors are perfect (red, white, and blue!).
One of my favorite sentiments is "missing you". Short, sweet, and to the point.
Ooooh. Love your card. I use that star embossing folder a lot - one of my favorites. Super big words in this set. How fun. And the second card reminds me of fireworks. Really like it. Thanks for the ideas.
Hi Lisa! Terrific cards today! Looks like I need to pick up that starburst stamp. Love your "Hugs" card. The embossed folder adds so much to the design without taking away from the message. Thanks for all you do for OWH!
Your cards get a big WOW from me. They are awesome!
I really love both of your cards and especially love the embossing folder!
Love your card AND I actually have that embossing folder! 'hugs' is a fav, but missing you & love(you) come close!
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net
Lisa, your cards are awesome! I can see I need to get that starburst stamp!! I LOVE how you used it! I use thank you and thinking of you sentiments the most, but my fave is one I have that says "delight in the little things".
The first card is very striking. I have been drawn to the miss you sentiment as I have been finding images that work for that sentiment.
Love the star card! So cool.
I love the heart embossing folder you used. Usually lots of various holiday/birthday cards, but this year, more
missing you cards, with my eldest off to college. Hugs to you from a fellow fibro girl. Stay relaxed, breath deep,
and treat yourself with kindness.
So fun to start from a simple sketch. Thanks for sharing.
Wonderful card, Lisa! Love that star embossing folder. And who doesn't love a hug? Actually, the sentiment I go to most often is "Thinking of You"; so useful for OWH cards!
wonderful cards Lisa. Thank you for sharing your cards with us and OWH>
As for my favorite sentiments I like using Thinking of You and Hello sayings on my cards for OWH
Love both cards for today, Lisa! And I think both sentiments used are so perfect for your OWH cards. My favorite sentiments to use are either "just for you" or "with love" as these are so versatile! Hugs, Pat
Enjoyed both of your cards. Favorite sentiment is "thinking of you" because you can use it for so many different ocassions. Thanks for sharing.
Fantastic Lisa - someone is going to love receiving this :)
Hugs, Doris
Very nice!! And thanks for the chance to win! My fav is 'Thinking of You,' as I think it is very versatile. I'm so excited that I might win--love that!! Have a great weekend and thanks for playing!!!
These are both great cards, Lisa! Awesome job!
I'd have to say "Thinking of You" because it can be used for so many different things. I love your cards - so colorful and cheery! Thank you for sharing these wonderful cards.
Those are 2 of my favorite Hero Arts stamps -- neither of which I have. The XO set can be used for so many occasions. I love the starburst used as flowers, but it would certainly make a great New Year's or 4th of July card. I tend to use a lot of "grateful" and "thinking of you" and "hug/love" sentiments. They fit so many occasions. Thanks for sharing with us.
Love your cards they are very patriotic!!! My fav. sentiment is "thinking of you" because it can be used for so many occasions (bdays, when someone is far from home, sick etc...). Thanks for the chance to win.
Love your creations and inspiration. My favorite sentiment also is Hugs. When I was in the working world, I would end my memos, Hugs. It gives a feeling of warmth and love. Just put your hands around yourself and consider yourself, Hugged. Thanks for the opportunity to win some Blog Candy
great card. Id have to say for me my favorite sentiment is Thinking of You. it is the most one that I use.
Your cards are fabulous, Lisa! I'm a "hug" lover, too, so XO Stamp Set is on my wish list. The Starbursts are so versatile and you confirmed that with your gorgeous card. Sketches are very valuable, and I know I should rely on them more often ~ you just reminded me. : ) Thanks for the chance at your wonderful blog candy and what a great stop on the blog skip!
Love your card and the star embossing is wonderful. I use this same embossing folder a lot in my card making. I use a lot of different types of "Love" sentiments when sending cards.
Nice card, I use the sentiment "thinking of you" as it covers a lot of bases.
I just love your cards! They are so fun, creative and classy. My favorite sentiments are usually "smile", "love" and "xoxox". I too use sketches for inspiration and love the collection from S&S. Thanks for all you do for OWH.
I really like the star embossing folder. I use mine alot.
Jean S.
Beautiful cards. The sentiments I use most are "Hugs" and "You are in my thoughts and prayers". Charlotte Hoover
Great cards Lisa! I love red, white & blue, and all the embossing too! Nice job on them all!
What a fun card, could easily be a Valentine or 4th of July card.
my favorite sentiment has to do with gratitude. love the cards.
Great stuff!!! Really love the starburt card! TFS!!!
I haven't really thought of having a favorite sentiment before. I guess if I had to pick just one it would be "Thinking of You". I love the sketches on the OWH site and agree they are a great way to start a card.
My favorite sentiment is, to thine own self be true. I love to put that in cards that I send to young people! Love your cards!
What cute cards! My favorite sentiment is something simple & sweet like "thank you" or "missing you." Thanks for the chance to win!
Can't really say that I've got a favorite sentiment, but I do use "thinking of you" on lots of my OWH cards. Also like to include "this is more than a card, it's a hug with a fold in the middle" on the back. Liked your first card, but it's the second that really grabbed me, it's fantastic! Would love to win the sentiments and the great starburst stamp from Hero Arts.
Thanks for supporting OWH and all our Heroes!!
R/
I loved your adaptation of the OWH sketch. Your result was very striking.
Fantastic cards, Lisa. I love the hugs card and....me too....I usually say "Big Hugs". Because everyone needs at least just one!! I too loved the CAS class and had no idea there was so much CAS ideas to use.
Very nice cards and especially the red, white, and blue "hugs" card! My favorite sentiment for OWH cards is "thinking of you" or "love you."
Wow! I love both cards! You are very talented. I think my favorite sentiment is Thinking of You or Dreamed of You!
oh I really like both of these... and ty for the work you are doing for our troops... we do a bit here in Mi too with parents groups...very fun! and they surely appreciate them. My most often used sentiment is THINKING OF YOU on my cards, but I always sign my cards * Love with Hugs and Kisses...* so guess which set I'm getting next? lol...luv luv these 2 sets and they are on my wish list..already had to get those tulips tho! LOL
Great cards! Inspires me to use my embossing folders more.
I love both of your cards. Not really sure I have a favorite sentiment...love a lot of them :)
I've been working on Valentine cards so "Hugs and Kisses" is my fave right now. Love the clean and simple look of your cards.
Your card provides great inspiration...thank you. My favorite sentiment is also "hugs", but "You are in my thoughts", runs a close second.
SusanE
Love your cards. Thank you for participating and sharing your creativity!
Very pretty & colorful cards. My fave sentiment is "I Love You". Thanks for chance to win.
Love it! I'd say since 85% of my cards are for birthdays I'm always on the look out for birthday sentiment stamps! Thanks for a chance at these!
Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com
I think that "Love ya" is my favorite sentiment. Love your card!
Love your card, great colors and great design! Choosing a favorite sentiment is hard, but I do like almost everything punny =)
Hey I love your cards - good on you, this is a great cause. My personal favourite message - sending big hugs!Cheers ( ps also have two boys i adore!)
oh I am so not cool with computers and blogs - that last was from me , cathy in australia!
Love the red, white and blue. Great cards & a wonderful giveaway!
Love your cards and the patriotic colors! Thanks so much for sharing!
"Hugs" is warm. "Hugs" is fun. "Hugs" is perfect!
Lisa -- Both of your cards will bring certainly bring hugs and cheer to the lucky recipient. I like how you embossed the first card adding dimension the CAS card. I also like the "Hugs" sentiment on this card -- you did a wonderful job with the starburst stamp and the sentiment too. I usually use "Thinking of you" on my many of my OWH cards. Thanks for sharing.
I really love your card. I have that embossing folder on my wish list. Thank you for the inspiration.
Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful cards! I am so awed by those that can take a sketch and modify it. I fns sometimes I stick so close to the sketch. I'll have to keep up the practice, practice, practice. lol I absolutely luv teh sentiment "Big Hugs! That would be perfect for my daughter. She tells everyone her hugs have power for good. lol. Thanks for the opportunity to win the blog candy and for inspiring us!
Love your cards. The star background on the first is a knockout. And the 'hugs' sentiment is perfect....it works for so many cards.
I guess some reference to "thank you" would be my favorite sentiment because I make more of that kind of card than any other. I've seen the stamps you're giving away. I'd love to win them!
HUGS has always been my favorite sentiment...it's appropriate for everybody and, hopefully, make them feel good. Everybody loves a hug, don't they? Thank you for a chance to win the candy.
What a fun hop! I love your true-blue Americana cards, too. Great graphic designs. My fav sentiment is xox, that is how I sign my name on most of my cards and letters. Love it! Thanks for sharing!
Love your cards - guess my favorite sentiment is "you make my heart smile" and it always does when I read it!
Cute cards. I have a hard time keeping CAS clean and simple. I love the Hugs!
Those are great cards! My fav sentiments for OWH are always ones that convey the missing you theme. But, I do love the ones that are more whimsical like "you make me smile all over my face" since those can be used for children's cards as well. Thank you for being a part of OWH!
What a wonderful cards you have made and shared Lisa.. my truly favorite sentiments would be Bible Verses.. or ones about being a Proud American. Even though in the cards I make in bulk,, those aren't ones I reach for.. but I should. Thanks for the inspriation.
blessings ~ Pam
Both of your cards are great CAS examples! My gave sentiment for OWH cards is "Missing You" because I imagine that that's how our deployed troops must feel! I also enjoy any "punny" sentiment.
What great ideas for cards. They are so different but I like them both. A hero will be very happy to use these cards.
Great cards. Love the embossing on the first and those flower burst stamps on the second are just beautiful!
lovely cards, thanks for sharing
Just love the gorgeous simplicity of that starburst card. Thanks for sharing these.
COMMENTS for my Blog Candy are NOW CLOSED!!
Special thanks to everyone wo took the time to take part in this Skip for Operation Write Home. I enjoyed reading all the comments, it was fun to read all your favorite Sentiments.
NOTE: My winner will be posted on Monday - February 6th! Please be sure to stop back then!
For OWH, I'd say my favorite sentiment is "You are my home". Thanks for sharing your wonderful HUGS card! I love that you used patriotic colors and symbols on this sweet card! And I know I'm too late for the blog candy (congrats to the winner!!!), I just wanted to leave a comment anyway!
Lisa,
Love these cards! They are so pretty!
Post a Comment