Just wanted to thank everyone who has asked about Little Lauryn and her Card Drive. I also have now updated my sidebar with a link that will also take you over to Lauryn's Facebook Page. For some reason, it went missing and some gals did not know we had that page for her too!
Lauryn is a sweet little girl battling "Childhood Leukemia"...currently she is in Remission and doing excellent, but she does get sick from time to time and will be under medical care (like me) for quite some time. She has an AMAZING team of doctors and if you do visit her page, you can see that she's a well-loved patient, who has touched the heart of so many.
Early treatment days--
Always smiling!!!
I would LOVE for her to have a new card in her PO Box daily and hope you'll consider sending her one when you can. She LOVES Princesses and Spiderman is one of her favorite characters! Her private mailing address is:
Miss Lauryn Newsome
P.O. Box 172
Thornburg, VA 22565
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lauryn and Family!
May 2015
With Operation Write Home ending very soon -- many cardmakers were looking for sites and places to send cards --- Lauryn is a personal favorite for me and her family and I are personal friends. I met her Grammy - Linda Payne two years ago at a Craft Retreat I attended in Baltimore and it's my pleasure to do what I can to put a smile on this sweet girl's face!! Your cards will make it even brighter!!!
Thank you to everyone who sends her a card and keeps \
her and all of her family in your thoughts and prayers!
Hello Lisa-and welcome to my Blog-very happy to have you as a follower :) I will be making a happy card to send to Lauryn which I hope will make her smile. Here in the UK we have a group called "Post Pals" which sends smiles in the form of cards through the post to children who need them.I know from personal experience how much a little something through the letterbox can raise the spirits of a very poorly child-hope little Lauryn receives lots of smiles :) Best wishes,Nessa xxx
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends!
I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life.
Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts.
We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory.
I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".
1 comment:
Hello Lisa-and welcome to my Blog-very happy to have you as a follower :)
I will be making a happy card to send to Lauryn which I hope will make her smile.
Here in the UK we have a group called "Post Pals" which sends smiles in the form of cards through the post to children who need them.I know from personal experience how much a little something through the letterbox can raise the spirits of a very poorly child-hope little Lauryn receives lots of smiles :)
Best wishes,Nessa xxx
Post a Comment