I am also very happy to see the SUN back out today and it's back to the feel of Summer and it makes such a difference in how I feel. My neck is so much better and now I am back to wearing a Summer Sun dress, versus two days ago, when I was back winter clothes and even had to wear a jacket out to shop!! New England weather is very unique...one day it's like Winter and the next it's like Summer!
Today has also been a great card-making day and I have quite a few new cards to share, all for a variety of challenges. My first card is one that I created with two challenges in mind. I started out making this one to re-submit to the color combo challenge at The Outlawz, after being disappointed with yesterday's card. I started all over and first hopped on over to Bugaboo to pick out the five new digi images I won. As soon as I saw this image, I knew it would work out perfectly for two challenges I wanted to join. My colors were based on this this color combo - from The Outlawz.
It's a fun little card and I think this image can used in a variety of ways. Choosing the browns was also inspired by this week's Challenge over at iCopic and my card will also be submitted to their Brown Family - Color Challenge.
This next card is also a revised make-over of the card I had originally created for the sketch challenge also over at The Outlawz. My first card was similar, but looked very washed out, so today I did another one and I'm totally loving my new Memory Box dies, the more I use them. I've also quickly learned that they cut even better in my Grand Calibur, so instead of using my Cuttlebug with a shim, I can quickly run them through the GC without any shims and get a fantastic cut every time. For this take, instead of creating a black and red themed card, I chose yellow and think the contrast came out even better.
I also have a close-up to share that shows the amazing details of these new dies. I read today that they are also very much like the dies that PTI sells, and if you like those or any of the MFT dies, I know you'll love these! I can say for certain that I will be adding more to my collection. I have this Tree and the Delicate Vein border on my wish list already!!!
I am so glad that I saw these in person and the wonderful samples they had pre-cut at my LSS. I know that without having seen these in use, they are not likely something I ever would have thought of buying. This is truly an example of why I love my LSS so much! Not only do they carry all the newest things, but they also showcase projects and teach classes and all tie in to the products. Dave Brethauer, of Memory Box is coming to the store in August to teach a series of classes, and I really would LOVE to take one, the only downside is that they are evening classes, and that is really difficult for me and the ONLY reason, I'm not already signed up. His work is amazing - you can see his blog HERE! Love it!!
My next card also features another new image I picked out yesterday at Bugaboo and was also inspired by their new Wacky Wednesday challenge, which is hosted every week at both PCP and also in their Group at CDAC.
This is a copy of the photo inspiration we had to work with this week ! For my card I chose a flower theme and also colored my image with the colors from the photo. I loved the pink, while and yellow combination.
My Card
My card is being submitted to these challenges and I would LOVE you all to play along:
- Bugaboo's Wacky Wednesday Challenge - At CDAC - Photo Inspiration
- Bugaboo's Wacky Wednesday Challenge - At PCP - Photo Inspiration
- SSC - Copic Coloring Challenge - Ground your Image
- Barely Mine Challenges - # 12 - Anything Goes!!
When I saw her adorable card, I knew I wanted to play along and I started by visiting the challenge site and grabbing a copy of the sketch for this week to share here -
For my card I flipped the sketch and chose a cute Chi Chi image Splash of Fun Candace, which you can find in their store here - along with many more wonderful choices.
I colored her up with Copics and then to add dimension and shine, I added a layer of 3D Crystal Lacquer to her mask and all of the bubbles. It such a fun image to color and makes a very sweet and fun Summer Card, which I am submitting to each of these challenges:
- Chi Chi Memories - Challenge # 34 - Sketch Challenge
- Through The Craftroom Door - Challenge # 4 - Summer Inspiration
- Crafting for All Seasons - Challenge # 3 - Summer
- Creative Craft World - Card Crazy Challenge - Brads
- A Spoon Full of Sugar -# 156 - Splish Splash






10 comments:
Your cards are always colored with the most brightest and happiest colors!
ALL of these are wonderful! I'm totally in love with that black and yellow one though! OMGoodness..so pretty.
Lynn
GOOOO BRUINS!!! And my dear friend Lisa, you are sure having a blast!!! Awesome creations!!! Especially I love how you color Candace from CCM in purple, she is sooooooo cute!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CCM! Hugs!
Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at BMC......
Hugs
Judith
What a lovely card! The 3D-effect on the bubbles are fab!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x
Great cards Lisa and those dies are amazing!
Hugs,
Katherine xx
Gorgeous cards hun. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this time. luv gina xx
Lisa, your cards are all fabulous and fun! I especially love the one with Chi Chi Memories Candace, great job with the sketch!! Thanks so much for playing in our CHI CHI MEMORIES challenge and CONGRATS to your Bruins!
Amazing cards! I love how you accented the bubbles. Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door challenge.
These are all wonderful cards Lisa, but I truly love the diver card...she is incredibly cute, and so perfect for me friend Jen...going to buy it and send it her I think! :D I love how you've made her look so real with all the shine...brilliant!
Thanks for joining us this week at Crafting for All Seasons :)
Lizy DT x
Post a Comment